Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    not everyone that's 13/13 is smart
    LOL fair point, but still!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    My guess is (s)he refers to the attack speed buff of DireFrenzy, not the focus aspect.
    I don't know why you would guess that. The feedback specifically says:

I think dire frenzy is slightly too slow, but overall I think it's fine. It encourages more planning and less spamming. You're punished a lot more if you mistakenly use too many cobra shots and miss out on kill command.
    - - - Updated - - -

So wait, Hati still isn't fixed so that he follows our main pet's actions? I just saw a comment on alpha forums that he still can't be pulled out of combat. Am I wrong to think that should've been fixed like, I dunno, two builds ago at least? Or have some kind of dev communication about it not being fixed yet?

Deleted
    I assume Hati not following orders is just a bug that'll get fixed whenever the builds ramp up.

As far as raiders' opinions are concerned, I'm also a top 100 13/13m raider, and likewise don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Beast Mastery. The spec only needs a couple tweaks and bug fixes. I prefer the live spec, but I'm not so delusional to expect a complete overhaul at this point anymore. If Hati becomes responsive, the focus generation is given a serious look at, and the numbers tuning is competitive, the spec will work.

Naturally, I also expect all the dead talents to be adjusted to competitive either via numbers crank up, or redesign.

I'm much more worried about MM due to the inherent design flaw of punishing target swapping.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-04-04 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    Hati currently follows the command to attack and it works on assist mode. But you cant passive/move/withdraw her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Well i am not rly into "hardcore" raiding (for me everything beyond heroic is hardcore, i rly dont have time/nervs for stuff like), but sometimes i cant understand why this ppl have full mythic and i am only on full heroic I read almost all feedbacks when i have time and some of them arent even a feedbacks or they are rly bad.

"It encourages more planning and less spamming." dunno about other players but i know what to cast next during the current cast, so i have a whole GCD to be sure it is the right choice. Its a brain after all, not a video game from 80s. Also there is a lot of addons to track ur cds. By his logic - retarded ppl will play BM because it is "slower", they will have more time to think. Lets download 3-4 torrents so there will be 2-3 more seconds delay, EVEN MORE TIME TO PLAN UR CAST!
    Yes, 1sec is enough to see what you will cast on your next GCD. The 3 specs have always been like this. Why have they suddenly decided to make it a slow-paced energy-based spec?

Deleted
    Do i missing something.I created BM spec yesterday and tooks me ages to kill mobs who isually i destroy for seconds with any other dps class/spec.Its tooks me over 3 mins to kill that rare fish in Highmountains near starting point lake

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Do i missing something.I created BM spec yesterday and tooks me ages to kill mobs who isually i destroy for seconds with any other dps class/spec.Its tooks me over 3 mins to kill that rare fish in Highmountains near starting point lake
    Yes. You miss number tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH, I do not see how waiting on focus is worse then spaming Arcane Shot or casting Steady Shot, like we do on live. They hit like a wet noodle anyway and you can "plan" your actions during that spam. At least you save your fingers playing "dumb" BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Yes. You miss number tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH, I do not see how waiting on focus is worse then spaming Arcane Shot or casting Steady Shot, like we do on live. They hit like a wet noodle anyway and you can "plan" your actions during that spam. At least you save your fingers playing "dumb" BM.
    Welll haven tested it on 110 but on first impression spec looks so slow and its feel like Arms warrior in WoD beta the gameplay is near same you have 1 hard Hit ability every few seconds 1 short damage CD and thats it nothing else.Atleast Wod arms got their execute..Dire beast just acts like rend you send it to get more resourse for some damage over time, Cobra shot is like Wirlwind-very weak ST filler
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-04-04 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post

I'm much more worried about MM due to the inherent design flaw of punishing target swapping.
    What punishing target swapping? Even if there was punishing target swapping, I guess it's a real fucking shame that we can't have a spec that's great at EVERYTHING, right? Nevermind that the spec with its current toolkit is almost guaranteed to be extremely good on live. That's probably gonna change, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What punishing target swapping? Even if there was punishing target swapping, I guess it's a real fucking shame that we can't have a spec that's great at EVERYTHING, right? Nevermind that the spec with its current toolkit is almost guaranteed to be extremely good on live. That's probably gonna change, of course.
    It is a real fucking shame indeed if our toolkit is getting a downgrade.

Whether something is great in the raiders' eyes will eventually depend almost entirely on numbers tuning. What the toolkit and rotation mostly has to do with is how enjoyable the spec feels.

Most people prefer a well designed and fun rotation with various abilities intended for various situations, to a spec that for example has only 1 spell. The 1 spell spec can still be better for raiding if tuning is high enough, but that's not good design.

So in case you missed it, we're talking about design here, and it's a real fucking shame if the design is bad. Why are we talking about design again? Because the game is in alpha and that's what we're supposed to do.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-04-04 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    For me cata survival was a good spec, not too hard, but still there is a small difference between good players and bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    It is a real fucking shame indeed if our toolkit is getting a downgrade.

Whether something is great in the raiders' eyes will eventually depend almost entirely on numbers tuning. What the toolkit and rotation mostly has to do with is how enjoyable the spec feels.

Most people prefer a well designed and fun rotation with various abilities intended for various situations, to a spec that for example has only 1 spell. The 1 spell spec can still be better for raiding if tuning is high enough, but that's not good design.

So in case you missed it, we're talking about design here, and it's a real fucking shame if the design is bad. Why are we talking about design again? Because the game is in alpha and that's what we're supposed to do.
    You say this, and yet somehow you think BM's design is just fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Hati currently follows the command to attack and it works on assist mode. But you cant passive/move/withdraw her.
    Yea hati should follow your original pet commands sometimes we do not want our pet to go and attack target when we try to pull something avoiding a pack of mobs around it

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    OK, so it's still broken. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Should Dire Frenzy or Chimera Shot be on a different tier? I mean if we look at BM as a whole, they don't have a lot to do...Dire Frenzy replaces Dire Beast and eliminates Chimera Shot...

I really like the idea of BM except for the fact it looks rather simplistic and not much to do where as Demonology for example seems like there is a lot to do and micro manage...I'd like something more in the middle, personally...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Should Dire Frenzy or Chimera Shot be on a different tier? I mean if we look at BM as a whole, they don't have a lot to do...Dire Frenzy replaces Dire Beast and eliminates Chimera Shot...

I really like the idea of BM except for the fact it looks rather simplistic and not much to do where as Demonology for example seems like there is a lot to do and micro manage...I'd like something more in the middle, personally...
    Chimera would most likley be to good on another tier, but the whole spec feel so bad without it. Just make chimera baseline and and something else in its place. Then rebalance the other stuff. They also need to buff dire frenzy to make it more viable.

Wish they would let us know how far they are in the "game mechanic" balance phase. Kinda pointless giving feedback to stuff that just under/over tuned atm.

There's plenty to give feedback on that isn't based on idiotic tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There's plenty to give feedback on that isn't based on idiotic tuning.
    Yep, cause good grief there's plenty of idiotic game design to criticize.

Would someone who's in the alpha be so kind as to post some form of "the silence is deafening" in the class feedback thread? I mean seriously, the crickets are becoming unbearable given how much dev interaction some of the other classes/specs are getting. If we're going to be stuck with this design, it'd be better to just tell us that now, ideally with some sort of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Yep, cause good grief there's plenty of idiotic game design to criticize.

Would someone who's in the alpha be so kind as to post some form of "the silence is deafening" in the class feedback thread? I mean seriously, the crickets are becoming unbearable given how much dev interaction some of the other classes/specs are getting. If we're going to be stuck with this design, it'd be better to just tell us that now, ideally with some sort of explanation.
    idk what is better, silence or celestalon pretending he knows anything about hunter?

I think the feedback on the beta forums should hit up how the spec has all the hallmarks of an energy class but without secondary combat resources like combo points or finishing moves. Without those there is no reward for all the dead time in the spec. It's just a bunch of wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    I think the feedback on the beta forums should hit up how the spec has all the hallmarks of an energy class but without secondary combat resources like combo points or finishing moves. Without those there is no reward for all the dead time in the spec. It's just a bunch of wasted time.
    It's been mentioned by several people, although perhaps not as frequently as I'd like. Still, there comes a point where it feels like belming into the void because the devs aren't responding in any way.