Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Well the void doesn't care about balance either why would the light care?
    Exactly. And the mortals/worlds created from the clash between Light and Void are the ones that suffer.

This is entering into some heavy B5 shit, with the Vorlons vs. the Shadow. I mean, Velen's name finally fulfills its homage (B5 Valen).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see alot of people complaining, the way I see it, WoW just gained multiple expacs worth of content
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    So, Illidan / Ascended Kerrigan fights Void Gods / Amon using beams of light?

Hmm, this sounds familiar.

If the whole "holy Illidan" thing is true you can be sure that they will do it right and he won't be the one in charge. it's very obviously a tie in to Velen's vision about Anduin leading the "army of light" and I'm sure Illidan will just be a powerful fighter. I don't necessarily think being infused by the light turns you into a goodie two shoes either so I'm sure Illidan's personality won't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    So, Illidan / Ascended Kerrigan fights Void Gods / Amon using beams of light?

Hmm, this sounds familiar.
    Pretty much

Absolute garbage. Illidan's gig is to use fel against fel and they ruined that.

This has Metzen written all over it. He said he would keep making redemption stories until he was fired. I like the guy but hell this is too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I see alot of people complaining, the way I see it, WoW just gained multiple expacs worth of content
    Not in anyway. WoW could have had couple more expacs without Illidan being holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothemus View Post
    TBC started just about 2 months before the fall of Black Temple. The Illidari Council is bringing him reports every now and then.

As the Azeroth forces laid siege to Black Temple, Akama freed Maiev. Illidan retreated to the summit to cast his spells to link Outland to Argus and proceeded to open a portal where he sent all of his demon hunters through. Basically, while we were out fighting demons and illidan's forces during TBC, he was focused solely on the destruction of Argus.
    were't the demon hunters sent to Mardum not Argus? As show with the demon hunter start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slanik View Post
    were't the demon hunters sent to Mardum not Argus? As show with the demon hunter start.
    yeah and Illidan needed Sargerai Key to enter Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    This has Metzen written all over it. He said he would keep making redemption stories until he was fired.
    Can't fault him. We live in a world of grim and gritty things. If Metzen wants to show that good beats evil in the end, I say more power to him. Besides, he's built a multi-million dollar franchise and even influenced Tolkien lore with some of his stories (like say Dain's Ram mount). So really, I'd say he's doing a damned good job. People just hate what is over their heads.

The Elder Naaru is Sargeras. It's not a coincidence that he encountered him twice near ARGUS.

There is no reason to think the Light wouldn't harm Illidan. It harms every fel-infused creature, and it would especially hurt a half-demon like Illidan.

Sargeras is the one who deceived Kil'jaeden the Deceiver himself, with majestic and brilliant visions. Illusion magic is probably incredibly easy for a Dark Titan like Sargeras.

This is Sargeras' ploy to corrupt or at the very least stall Illidan because of his action against Nathreza.

There is light demons, I think the light harming fel creatures is false now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    There is light demons, I think the light harming fel creatures is false now
    Illidan was hurt by it in the past.

yepp time to go to bed, must be dreaming. first turalyon and now this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Can't fault him. We live in a world of grim and gritty things. If Metzen wants to show that good beats evil in the end, I say more power to him. Besides, he's built a multi-million dollar franchise and even influenced Tolkien lore with some of his stories (like say Dain's Ram mount). So really, I'd say he's doing a damned good job. People just hate what is over their heads.
    Yeah, the story of LotV was just so over our heads. Such masterpiece. Much depth.

Really not surprised by the this novel. The storyline of WarCraft and StarCraft is irrevocably damaged at this point. Nothing they can do will fix either series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Anyway, aside from Illidan I also don't like the direction that everything must come down to light vs void because it devalues the other forces in the universe. It's ok that everything originated from the clash of light and void but it should go forward from there. It seems like shamans,mages,druids,monks,etc have no part in the ultimate conflict.
    wild gods vs necromancy next conflict?

A way to possibly view it that makes it a bit less 'wat', is they said the Elder marked Illidan's forehead.. What if the vision he was shown, was the Elder piloting an Illidan body as he/she/it took control of it? We still don't even know if Illidan's soul even returns to his body yet, this all took place before his downfall. A lot could happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm with you on this one.

Deleted
    By the Titans... Velen (Valen) and the Naaru (Vorlons) were introduced back in 2006 and you only noticed about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Absolute garbage. Illidan's gig is to use fel against fel and they ruined that.

This has Metzen written all over it. He said he would keep making redemption stories until he was fired. I like the guy but hell this is too far.

Not in anyway. WoW could have had couple more expacs without Illidan being holy.
    metzen hasnt worked on WoW in years.
    he is on the overwatch story team now
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor