Poll: Which do you like better?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tanaan or Timeless Isle?

I'm back from a year long break and am trying out Tanaan. I've done all the intro quests and I've unlocked all the dailies. It's good, and in some respects better than Timeless Isle, but I can't help but feel Timeless Isle had more things to do. What do you like better?

Tannan might be better for the first day but after that it is boring as shit. Not to mention it should have released when WoD launched

EDIT: to be clear both were terrible. Isle of Thunder was better than both by a mile
    Last edited by Saiona; 2016-04-05 at 10:40 AM.

Tanaan has a better atmosphere as a zone. The color scheme of Timeless always made my eyes hurt like a bright disco ball.

Mixed feelings I guess. Overall I think I enjoyed Tanaan more, but Timeless did feel more unique / fleshed out.

As far as usefulness Tanaan; the gear and upgrade token can be bought for currency. Timeless had you farm for both and the upgrade was exceedingly rare after the nerf. That said Tanaan is boring as hell; same apexis crap I was sick of at the beginning of the exp.

For the fun aspect though Timeless hands down. Even now I'm still after some of the toys/pets from this zone. I fondly remember running around to rares with friends and pvp battles werent uncommon on my pve server thanks to the bloody coins

In the end I have to go Timeless. Now that I'm in HFC gear Tanaan is 100% useless and its such a drag I dont even go there on alts.

Both were terrible. Domination Point and Isle of Thunder were the best
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

I've been back to the Timeless Isle a number of times, there is so much to collect and a few rares I still haven't gotten kills on yet... which I can not say for Tanaan, despite spending at least twice the time on the Timeless Isle when it was current content. Timeless Isle gives options on how you want to pursue it's bounties, while Tanaan limits it to the same things, different locale each time.

If Legion gives us another buffer zone, I pray it's much closer to Timeless Isle than Tanaan Jungle. Hell, maybe all of the "No flying" people are right.

Deleted
    Personally I liked Timeless Isle more, just feels like there's more different stuff to do. Tanaan just felt too boring and same-ish to me.

Both are terrible. But in Tanaan you can fly. So, Tanaan.

Tanaan felt better as a zone (Timeless Isle felt almost like a theme park), but I voted for Timeless as I enjoyed the content there more. I really despise the 'fill this bar up with dead orcs' quest style that underpins questing in Tanaan, and Draenor in general. More creative dailies for the rep factions though, and Tanaan would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaan. By far.

The timeless isle actually made me like Jade Forest less (and I love Jade Forest.) Why? Because it was a largely uninspired, re-hash of jade forest art assets that offered absolutely nothing new visually that you aimlessly mill around in while being chased by random elites too pointless to dismount and fight but too grouped up to avoid.

The timeless isle was a pain in the ass to navigate... and, to be fair, so is Tanaan, but at least tanaan has flight paths and, now, you can fly in it. Plus, you don't have any of the "CHARGE YOU DOWN!" elites that stalked the upper tiers of Timeless Isle. Yeah, those were cute and endearing the first time, but when you were just trying to run to Ordos or check for Huolon, it was really damn annoying. So much so that everyone just sat around waiting for some other guy to draw their ire before moving on.

Timeless isle was a matter of "farm as many timeless coins as you can until you wonder why the hell you're farming timeless coins." There were areas of the zone you pretty much didn't go... the lower tier ordon camp (there was no point,) the inner areas of that tiger-infested canyon (again, no point) that ordon camp of elites on the second plateau (once again no point) and, of course, anywhere other than the main courtyard in the ordon sanctuary, and that's provided you were either running to Ordos or doing the god-awful rep farm. A lot of dead space interspersed with reused scenery and pockets of mobs that'd chase you for half the map.

On the other hand, we have Tanaan. Tanaan has areas of it that look different. The demon areas, the warcamp areas, the jungle areas, the swamp areas, the bleeding hollow areas... all of them are visually distinctive. That's a nice change of pace. Second, Tanaan actually has some structure to it beyond "go collect 20 shiny rocks" and things to do beyond a handful of gimmicks. They might be vague, but you more or less understand what's happening in each area and that there's a story involved beyond "look at all the giant frogs hopping around!"

Timeless isle was a really one-note place. You farm goodies. That was it. If you were done farming your goodies, the place had absolutely nothing for you. The minute I grabbed Huolon's mount and killed my billionth yak-man for the rep grind, I was out of there for good.

I suppose Tanaan might be catching flak because it's associated with WoD or because it's not quite as easy to mindlessly farm tokens/grind to max level as it was on the timeless isle. But Tanaan artistically and content-wise is the superior zone.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-04-05 at 10:36 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

At least Tanaan had some form of structure to it with the awful apexis grinds it made you do, Timeless was more just waiting for rares to spawn. And you couldn't fly. So I'd say Tanaan is the shiniest of the two turds.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW 3 weeks before patch 5.4 hit live servers so for me, the best end content was, is and will always be Timeless Island (realy sad when I now go back there and it's mostly empty). Tanaan is fun for the first few days until you explore all of it, after that seems like a copy of Timeless Island

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, Timeless was a smaller area for the amount of mobs present (ie always something to kill in a small circle).

Tanaan has a greater story tied to it and a more diverse within-zone differences.

Plus, lets not forget that both zones are actually just a catch-up zone so the edge goes to Tanaan for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If you learn just one thing from this thread, it's that we'll always find a way to piss on your parade.

Deleted
    Not too much in favor for "grind mobs until bar fills up completely -> Get X of ressource Y for that -> Buy stuffs for ressource Y". So Timeless Isle

Deleted
    Timeless Isle felt more engaging and for some reason I kept going there every day.

Tanaan on the other hand... got old very fast. Not much fun to be had there sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Personally I liked Timeless Isle more, just feels like there's more different stuff to do. Tanaan just felt too boring and same-ish to me.
    ...But the only thing to do on the timeless isle was to kill stuff to collect your 20 whatevers for the week, and a handful of gimmicky little events.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Not too much in favor for "grind mobs until bar fills up completely -> Get X of ressource Y for that -> Buy stuffs for ressource Y". So Timeless Isle
    And timeless was better in that for you?

For timeless it was camp spot X for Y rare to spawn or g to X location to grab Y treasure chest. Let not forget the timeless isle coins, just kill mobs over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If you learn just one thing from this thread, it's that we'll always find a way to piss on your parade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Timeless Isle felt more engaging and for some reason I kept going there every day.
    The only reason I went there every day is because I wanted that damn Huolon mount. And while I was there I might as well run around murdering random mobs to collect rocks for Kairoz.

I don't really feel that's "compelling." At least Tanaan's rewards were tangible, instead of "well theoretically if you kill this mob X numbers of time you'll probably get something neat..."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Tanaan. You can fly in Tanaan.