Poll: Which do you like better?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    None. I really don't see how people can enjoy these type of zones.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of hordes to hunt in both, though I like the the overall art and atmosphere of Tanaan a lot better than Timeless, and it's overall bigger so I'll say Tanaan..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    None. I really don't see how people can enjoy these type of zones.
    Mostly because it's post-release and is a primary source of catch-up gear, means there will be a lot of people around all the time. At least until another batch of outdoor content is released. The quests/events are ok, nothing I'll do a backflip over though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaan by a landslide for me. It had an actual story that was directly linked to the end raid of the expansion. There's actual objectives and quests as opposed to the giant farm-fest of Timeless Isle. Timeless Isle felt too focused on killing rares; Tanaan has rares too, but you have other objectives to complete and aren't just waiting for rares to spawn the whole time. A lot of time spent on Timeless Isle was just camping Huolon's spawn and twiddling your thumbs until he finally popped.

Timeless Isle was fun if you were a PvPer/ganker with the bloody coin thing, which I was not. Usually I would just go to Timeless Isle every Tuesday, kill the celestial boss once (and get nothing), and then never come back until the next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only reason I went there every day is because I wanted that damn Huolon mount. And while I was there I might as well run around murdering random mobs to collect rocks for Kairoz.

I don't really feel that's "compelling." At least Tanaan's rewards were tangible, instead of "well theoretically if you kill this mob X numbers of time you'll probably get something neat..."
    Oh yeah, that was the reason I came back

I like them both but Tanaan a bit more because of flying on the other hand i hated Domination Point, Molten Front and to lesser extent Isle of Thunder.

Voted for timeless ( I don't like jungles, been there enough! XD) , but honestly none, Molten Front was better!
    Last edited by Akakishin; 2016-04-05 at 11:03 AM.
    green is the color!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A billion times Timeless. Tanaan is boring!

I'm an altaholic and every character went to Timeless Isle to do a round of the one time chests to gear up. But then again most of them were basically mothballed after that until wod. The thing with tanaan is that you had to have a level 3 garrison, which most of my alts never bothered with.
    95% of my time on timeless isle was spent riding from spot to spot or waiting for timers or spottings. At least in tanaan I actually adventured. Both wore thin pretty quick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Best daily zone ever was Molten front (Firelands).

Timeless Isle felt less like a grind, because the rewards did not mean that much.
    Tanaan's reps are gate for flying, which makes players feel forced to do them.

Problem is the quest "get X items from rares" that were on both - despite being a hell on Timeless (because rares dropped in no time), Blizzard repeated the mistake and made it worse - based a whole faction on this.

The WoD approach is not that bad - having to fill a bar they way you like instead of kill X of this and Y of that. But some zones are too small, have too long spawn rates or lack diversity in objectives, which defeats the purpose of player-controlled choice of approach.

Timeless Isle had no story (apart from Kairoz fiddling with the vision, which I consider part of the expansions's sstoryline, not TI itself).
    Tanaan had story, but it was way too short.

Timeless > Isle of Thunder > Tanaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Still love Timeless Isle.

Taanan purely because you can run where ever you want. In timeless, you had to run up a fucking mountain for half of the content. Putting a mountain in the way filled with mobs just so content lasts longer is not a win in my books

Atmosphere: Tanaan Jungle
    Experience: Timeless Isle
    Story: Tanaan Jungle
    Zone: Tanaan Jungle

However, with that being said, they were both garbage., and I would hope that Blizzard does away with the model (I preferred the Mists model of dailies pre-Timeless Isle).

a) Timeless Isle felt like filler content with no structure or purpose.
    b) Tanaan Jungle should have been included with the launch of the expansion, and it should have been a normal zone for questing.
    c) I'm tired of the Timeless Isle model of content.
    d) Farahlon should have been in the game, and it should have been the "Timeless Isle" of Warlords. Instead, we got an overcrowded zone with no story.
    e) Also, where's the clan lore and Lorewalker version of Warlords? Out of all of the Mists content, they cut the features with the best feedback and design (I don't get it).

Quel'danas.

None, nothing worst than a bloated zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Best daily zone ever was Molten front (Firelands).

Timeless Isle felt less like a grind, because the rewards did not mean that much.
    Tanaan's reps are gate for flying, which makes players feel forced to do them.

Problem is the quest "get X items from rares" that were on both - despite being a hell on Timeless (because rares dropped in no time), Blizzard repeated the mistake and made it worse - based a whole faction on this.

The WoD approach is not that bad - having to fill a bar they way you like instead of kill X of this and Y of that. But some zones are too small, have too long spawn rates or lack diversity in objectives, which defeats the purpose of player-controlled choice of approach.

Timeless Isle had no story (apart from Kairoz fiddling with the vision, which I consider part of the expansions's sstoryline, not TI itself).
    Tanaan had story, but it was way too short.
    How can you say that? The Warlords model has been a disaster for the game (to the point that even the developers have admitted it), and if anything, they should go back to the Mists model pre-Timeless Isle. I don't see how they could go from the constant patch cycles and updates, the fantastic development of lore, and the exceptional work in Mists (you can tell that they put a lot of passion into Pandaria) to the garbage that we got in Warlords. I... can't... see... it. It's baffling!

Deleted
    Timeless, without a doubt. I can't really be bothered to do much in Tanaan, while I spent lots and lots of time on Timeless Isle.
    Tanaan being super unpleasant visually, while TI looked stunning, might play a role too.

Timeless if I had to choose.

Thunder/Domination was absolutely the best and actually enjoyable.

They're both pretty good zones, but the Timeless Isle was a much more visually appealing place to spend time. I also really appreciated the super tough mobs that required you to pay attention when you fought them. Tanaan has its elites too, but they're a lot more forgiving by comparison. Outside of the initial exploration and treasure hunting, I feel like the Isle had more interestingly varied gameplay in the long run, whereas Tanaan is mostly just a lot of mild variations on the same thing. That being said, the Thunder Isle was still probably the best designed daily content area they've done.

TI for sure, achievments to hunt, huolon mount, coins farming for other stuff etc