Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    is ambulance driver participatig in the homosexuals sin by driving him to the hospital?
    You just made your cake analogy that baking a cake is participating in homosexual sex?

10+ Year Old Account
    they aren't refusing business because homosexuals are sinners they are refusing to bake a wedding cake because doing so is facilitating /participating in their sin
    why is that so fucking hard for you and so many more to understand the difference
    what sin are they committing? i recall no such rule that says you can't be gay.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Interesting...but Public Accommodation laws do not appear to apply in this case.

"Under United States federal law, public accommodations must be handicap-accessible and must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.[1][2] Private clubs were specifically exempted under federal law,[3] but not religious organizations."

I do not see 'Sexual Identification/Affiliation/Preference' list here. Or has the law been changed? So yeah, actually a PRIVATE Business can deny service, as long as the reason does not fall under one of the aforementioned (race, color, religion, national origin). So no, I did not 'fuck it up' as you put it.

You look all strung out on meth with meth sores all over your arms and smell like shit? Guess what, I can kick your ass out and deny you entry.
    You are totally ignoring state and local ordinances version of public accommodation which is what the bakers were violating. Federal law is not the only law in these areas.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Be an adult and take your business elsewhere. Its what I would do.
    The problem is that in some areas theres no other place to take your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You're aware he's asking a question based on what you thought was right -- If it's OK for a business owner to decline service to gays it needs to be acceptable for all employees of all jobs to be able to do the same. That includes ambulance and medical personnel. It's also why Buck won't answer the question as to if he would be OK travelling between 60 and 242 miles in the State of Mississippi for cancer treatment due to the closest hospital to him being against homosexuals.

That's the best part about these business debates with religious freedom laws -- You can't just apply it to one set of businesses. It's an all or nothing thing.

So are you OK with people being left to die for someone else's fairy tale?
    vyxn appears to be.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the 1960's called they want their outrage back.
    It truly is amazing that people cannot make this simple connect that people were once refused based on their race.

they aren't refusing business because homosexuals are sinners they are refusing to bake a wedding cake because doing so is facilitating /participating in their sin
    why is that so fucking hard for you and so many more to understand the difference
    According to the bible we are all sinners and that means all Christian businesses will have to close then since divorcees, fornicators, cheaters and non Christians alone would take out most of the U.S populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The problem is that in some areas theres no other place to take your business.
    Bummer. Life is hard, and full of bad choices that we live with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I would not be pleased with it, sure. But I tend to express my disagreement with my vote or my presence (or lack of).
    Sure. But they would still be denied service, and possibly get upset over it. Especially if suddenly a huge part of all businesses would start doing it.
    I don't think we should deny people service solely based on their religion or sexual orientation. I consider both wrong.

Be an adult and take your business elsewhere. Its what I would do.
    Eventually you might run out of places to go, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    According to the bible we are all sinners and that all Christian businesses will have to close then since divorcees, fornicators, cheaters and non Christians alone would take out most of the U.S populations.
    At least someone gets my point.

If religious objection were applied consistently then people of faith shouldn't own businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Is serving them? You are so god damn inconsistent...
    if that service requires them to participate in their sin of homosexuality then yes
    I'm not being inconsistent I have stated many times in this thread that a baker shouldn't be allowed to refuse to bake a birthday cake or a dozen cupcakes to a homosexual because he or she is a homosexual which this law doesn't allow to happen
    what this law states and is for is to give protection from forcing a business to violate a deeply held religious belief of participating felicitating in another's sin which goes against their deeply held religious beliefs

7+ Year Old Account
    Life isn't fair unfortunately is a dying concept.

Even though it is extremely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure your parents think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Like the "choice" to born in the wrong part of the country.
    Don't you love how it's always everyone else's fault by those practicing bigotry?

10+ Year Old Account
    if that service requires them to participate in their sin of homosexuality then yes
    I'm not being inconsistent I have stated many times in this thread that a baker shouldn't be allowed to refuse to bake a birthday cake or a dozen cupcakes to a homosexual because he or she is a homosexual which this law doesn't allow to happen
    what this law states and is for is to give protection from forcing a business to violate a deeply held religious belief of participating felicitating in another's sin which goes against their deeply held religious beliefs
    Why do bakers bake cakes for weddings for people who already have children? (Thus showing they have had sex out of wedlock)

According to the bible we are all sinners and that means all Christian businesses will have to close then since divorcees, fornicators, cheaters and non Christians alone would take out most of the U.S populations.
    And cleanly-shaven men, the smooth-skinned heathens.

do you not understand the difference of serving a sinner and the participating/felicitating in the sinners sin?

what this law states and is for is to give protection from forcing a business to violate a deeply held religious belief and participating felicitating in another's sin which goes against their deeply held religious beliefs
    Can we establish rules for what participating in someone's sins is for you? Feels like we are still stuck at the gay wedding cake. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Can we establish rules for what participating in someone's sins is for you? Feels like we are still stuck at the gay wedding cake. D:
    just, giving them the time of day!

10+ Year Old Account
    do you not understand the difference of serving a sinner and the participating/felicitating in the sinners sin?
    Why is a gay wedding the ONLY time this happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    what this law states and is for is to give protection from forcing a business to violate a deeply held religious belief and participating felicitating in another's sin which goes against their deeply held religious beliefs
    wow you actually contradicted yourself three times in one post. that's impressive.
    btw those concepts ARE THE SAME THING.
    i even underlined it for you.