Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Sticks and stones.

It's a cruel fact of the world that not everybody is going to accept and love you. Should be a lesson learned by every single person.
    your right we should beat every baby with sticks until they accept this fact. it's the only way to make them tough and strong for this manly cruel world.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Your business is only possible due to the infrastructure provided to you by society. You should not be able to discriminate against anyone who helped fund that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Unless someone is doing something to harm you, your employees, or your business then yes you should be required to serve them. Are you also ok with businesses banning black people?
    Infrastructure was funded by government, who got money from taxes i pay from running my business (and in some cases i need to build infrastructure myself).
    Why would i be required to serve anyone? As long as i pay rent/fee for using the land my business is standing on, it's none of your business who i serve or who i don't.
    US of A is a free country last time i checked.
    Also im ok with businesses banning black people, yellow people or white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel like it's a boring and overused word that seeks to stifle discussion.

Just as boring as racist, sexist, and nazi at this point. Those words should mean something. But don't, due to overexposure.
    no it's a term used to describe something. too bad if you feel that way about it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Are you a parrot? Seriously?

The majority supports regulations for discrimination; your personal support doesn't change the grand scheme of things. And I seriously, seriously doubt that this law has majority support. Even when it has it, it loses on federal level; and please don't open that can of worms, I really don't want to start an discussion on that and I won't.
    So, we should do what the majority wants? The majority of people in Mississippi want to ban gay marriage, should we allow them?

I do not support this bill, because it allows the government to discriminate, which is a clear violation of the 14th Amendment. It is not a violation for a private entity to discriminate against a gay person... at least not yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    your right we should beat every baby with sticks until they accept this fact. it's the only way to make them tough and strong for this manly cruel world.
    Insulting what I said does not change the reality I presented.

No matter what you do, there will always be somebody who doesn't like you.

It's just human nature. And no amount of government oversight can change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not wrong. Taking away such essential protections would lead back to the world of the 1930's and onward. Back to the days of badges for Jews and homosexuals. Back to the days of "separate but equal!" where whites got their place and blacks got their run-down and underfunded schools and public places. Back to the days where it was unofficially okay to beat or murder someone just because of the color of their skin.

You sicken me.
    I'm indifferent to that fact, and if you think it would lead to that you clearly have less faith in people who believe like you do than I do. I think things would be just fine.

But go ahead, sit there and feel sickened and secretly long for the day that everyone like me is dead so you can have the world you've always wanted, rofl.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

My beliefs? Try society and majority... I heard Somalia is lovely if you don't want to deal with governmental interferences.
    It was the majority's beliefs that banned gay marriage in the first place? Are you fine with them doing that? I would hope not. However, your actions are no different than theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insulting what I said does not change the reality I presented.

No matter what you do, there will always be somebody who doesn't like you.

It's just human nature. And no amount of government oversight can change that.
    which has zero relevance to the argument at hand so i'm not going to bother with it. you not liking something does not give you the right to discriminate against them when running something that is available to the public. you are required REQUIRED not expected REQUIRED to make it available to everyone who wishes to shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It was the majority's beliefs that banned gay marriage in the first place? Are you fine with them doing that? I would hope not. However, your actions are no different than theirs.
    I'm not saying what the majority wants is what is morally correct; I just felt like pointing that out because I'm slowly losing patience for your constant mud-throwing.

7+ Year Old Account
    which has zero relevance to the argument at hand so i'm not going to bother with it. you not liking something does not give you the right to discriminate against them when running something that is available to the public. you are required REQUIRED not expected REQUIRED to make it available to everyone who wishes to shop there.
    Eh I just disagree. It's up to the owners what business they want.

Just as you not liking something is not a justification to force them to change... Oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I'm indifferent to that fact, and if you think it would lead to that you clearly have less faith in people who believe like you do than I do. I think things would be just fine.

But go ahead, sit there and feel sickened and secretly long for the day that everyone like me is dead so you can have the world you've always wanted, rofl.
    oh yes such a terrible world where gay people are allowed to go in shops.

I'm not saying what the majority wants is what is morally correct; I just felt like pointing that out because I'm slowly losing patience for your constant mud-throwing.
    You seemed to want to bring a majority into it, and I showed you exactly why such an idea can be very bad. You want to force your beliefs onto others, just like the homophobic bigots who banned gay marriage did. How are you any different than them?

7+ Year Old Account
    I just feel like it's a boring and overused word that seeks to stifle discussion.

Just as boring as racist, sexist, and nazi at this point. Those words should mean something. But don't, due to overexposure.
    Feelings again?

The words are used because people utter bigotted, racist, sexist and nazi nonsense here. The words do mean something which is why you are complaining about their use. If they meant nothing you would't say shit. And sadly for you no one is here to make things non-boring for you.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I just disagree. It's up to the owners what business they want.
    it doesn't matter if you agree. the law does not CARE if you agree. because if you don't your store gets shut down.

You seemed to want to bring a majority into it, and I showed you exactly why such an idea can be very bad. You want to force your beliefs onto others, just like the homophobic bigots who banned gay marriage did. How are you any different than them?
    My belief still hasn't changed. Apply the same standards; that's it. You make it sound like my only interest is to make sure religious people have to serve homosexuals. Using your other example: Yes, I think a gay business owner should serve members of WBC, because he has to follow the same laws of discrimination everyone else does.

My belief still hasn't changed. Apply the same standards; that's it. You make it sound like my only interest is to make sure religious people have to serve homosexuals. Using your other example: Yes, I think a gay business owner should serve members of WBC, because he has to follow the same laws of discrimination everyone else does.
    Your hypocrisy comes into play when you complain about other people forcing their beliefs, when that is exactly what you support. How are youany different than the homophobic bigots who banned gay marriage in the first place?

Your hypocrisy comes into play when you complain about other people forcing their beliefs, when that is exactly what you support. How are youany different than the homophobic bigots who banned gay marriage in the first place?
    Stop saying it's my belief... there are laws regarding that kind of discrimination and if you think I'm the one who made those, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I doubt the law this thread is about will last for long and my criticism of the law is that it's about some people demanding that their morals are what matters and the public and the regulations need to bend around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not wrong. Taking away such essential protections would lead back to the world of the 1930's and onward. Back to the days of badges for Jews and homosexuals. Back to the days of "separate but equal!" where whites got their place and blacks got their run-down and underfunded schools and public places. Back to the days where it was unofficially okay to beat or murder someone just because of the color of their skin.
    This is just a bit of hyperbole. Considering the non-government driven outcry against every single business who has not accommodated all people, the problem is taking care of itself without intervention.

Stop saying it's my belief... there are laws regarding that kind of discrimination and if you think I'm the one who made those, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I doubt the law this thread is about will last for long and my criticism of the law is that it's about some people demanding that their morals are what matters and the public and the regulations need to bend around them.
    But there is no federal law stating you cannot discriminate against gay people. On top of that, the initial anti-discrimination laws were nothing more than people forcing their beliefs onto others. And when it comes to private businesses, it is your belief that they should be forced to serve gay people... and you want to use the government to force that belief onto everyone. As for your last sentence, that is precisely what you are doing. You think your morals matter, and you think the government should bend in your favor.