Poll: How old are our older members?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Equal time for the older posters

Sigh. They did it again, another poll about age that seems to feel life ends somewhere before 30. Alright, I know I'm not the only ... excuse me.

ALL OF YOU YOUNG ONES, STOP DOING THAT ON MY LAWN!

I feel better now. I know I'm not the only one here over 30, I doubt I'm even particularly close to the oldest. Let's hear from some of the others who get brushed off in the usual age polls.

Bungee, currently 56. And yes, damn it, I still play video/computer games and watch anime.

Edit v.2 Too much blood in my coffee stream and I'm being trampled by a kitten. that should be 46-50 with 56 and up as the last bracket.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-04-07 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Too much blood in my coffee stream
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Your behavior is far more interconnected with your birth sign than your age.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-04-07 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Calm down, dad.

More than 80% of the voters were in the senior category xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra
    Your behavior is far more interconnected with your birth sign than your age.
    Wait! You're saying that I'm using this computer because I'm a Mouse?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Wait! You're saying that I'm using this computer because I'm a Mouse?
    No your personality and activities are more influenced by your horoscope than anything else.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-04-07 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No your personality and activities are more influenced by your horoscope than anything else.
    Jesus christ, you're not even trying are you....

Tehe. I'm glad you find happiness in these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Jesus christ, you're not even trying are you....
    There is plenty of evidence for how the orbits of celestial bodies influence the minds of individuals from birth.

There is plenty of evidence for how the orbits of celestial bodies influence the minds of individuals from birth.
    Yeah, and rearranging your bedroom furniture will really make you happier and wealthier. Oh, and wind chimes will cleanse your spirit or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah, and rearranging your bedroom furniture will really make you happier and wealthier. Oh, and wind chimes will cleanse your spirit or something.
    I don't know about that but it has been observed and recorded that the positions of celestial bodies can change moods and behavioral tendencies and the time of year you are born can greatly change your perception of reality and how you interact with others.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Would you care to share this evidence?
    I've read some books on the topic. I'd recommend Percy Seymour's works.

Here are some resources I found:

http://www.astrologer.com/tests/basisofastrology.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/030698_as...fic_basis.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15245791

I don't know about that but it has been observed and recorded that the positions of celestial bodies can change moods and behavioral tendencies and the time of year you are born can greatly change your perception of reality and how you interact with others.
    Of course it has, just like Billy Bob observed and recorded Big Foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is actually pretty interesting. I'm going to bookmark these for later - thank you
    no problem bruv

10+ Year Old Account
    Astrology aside, I'd be interested to hear comments from some of the older posters on gaming, life after 30, or how you feel interacting on GenOT with quite a few younger posters.

<Bungee mumbles to self -- I'm a Mouse, of course I'm attached to computers.>

I'm 33. I think that gaming is fine although I have slowly realized over time how mundane and unproductive it is for anything other than socializing or relieving stress. As I've gotten older, I've found that going out to dinner is a better form of socializing in any setting but gaming allows me to do it with old friends who live on the other side of the world. For relieving stress, I think that sex works better than gaming.

Games are so much less thought provoking or interesting in general compared to other types of media, particularly reading. I still play them, although only when I get bored or need something to do. They are a good thing to turn to when you are bored.

As for GenOT, I don't really know how I feel about it. I post on other sites like 4chan where I'm almost certain that everyone is a child but I enjoy doing it all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read some books on the topic. I'd recommend Percy Seymour's works.

Here are some resources I found:

http://www.astrologer.com/tests/basisofastrology.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/030698_as...fic_basis.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15245791
    Gonna have to play the "your sources are joke" card here.

The first is frustrated ramblings. The second, well, let's just say the name Natural News made me suspicious enough to wikipedia it. The third, well, making a jump from seasonality and behaviour to position and movement of stars and whatnot is one hell of a jump.

Anyway, i don't to further derail old man Bungee's thread, so if you wanna discuss that any further, take a risk and open a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Gonna have to play the "your sources are joke" card here.
    It is just what I found with a Google search.

It is a complex topic that requires more in-depth reading than what can be found in a news article of any type. As I said, the works of Percy Seymour are very good and get to the heart of the issue. He is a professor of astrophysics and an astronomer who defends the rationality behind astrology. There are other good books as well. I think I still have a few on my Kindle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21
    Anyway, i don't to further derail old man Bungee's thread, so if you wanna discuss that any further, take a risk and open a thread about it.
    @Knadra Rather than derail multiple threads, perhaps you'll get a more focused discussion by starting your own thread as Grimbold21 mentioned. Thanks.