People who are just against it because it's a pserver confuse me, they didn't charge money to play on it, and there isn't any place you can play that version of the game legitimately.

The only people here that suffer are people who wanted to play vanilla. Seems silly.

I don't use it, so no loss to me, but there isn't a direct benefit to the people in this thread that are saying "Finally I'm happy" Why are you happy? Did you have a bet on it?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-04-07 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We'd had 3 content patches in 2 years. I don't think I want that content output and more excuses to be lazy.
    Yea, I've heard the whole lawsuit agaisnt Nostalrius cost us WoD's 3rd raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised it lasted that long.
    These people partly dug their own grave by spamming the forums about it. And they seem to be completely oblivious to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gauta View Post
    Blizzard never even gave legacy servers a shot, so you can't know if people would prefer new content or the old one. Also, making new content and spending a bit of time on fixing the old one shouldn't be a problem for a 6 billion $ company, it's their own fucking fault they're absolutely horrible at managing time and resources. Let's be honest, if blizzard was doing a better job we could all be happy and have both type of servers, but that's too much to expect from a company which managed to lose 5 million subscribers in a time span of a year.
    I don't have to know, because I don't really care. But *if* legacy servers were profitable and *if* there was actually a market for them, Blizzard would have already released them. But there isn't. They don't spend time fixing old stuff because there's no money in it. And that's good. I want them to do new stuff.

That "6 billion dollar company" thing is so old. Please stop it, because it has nothing to do with how economy or companies operate.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I could probably find several polls from the start of Mists when everyone was raging about dailies that would have it as the worst expansion ever released. It's the nature of how it works. I don't think it's accurate but cherry-picking polls to support your point of view is a waste of time.
    I also remember when People on the Forums were crying about how shit Wotlk was, beacuse of certain Features and design decisions, but still at the end of both Wotlk and MoP People there were polls asking how good These xpacs were Overall and they were all very positive!

Also what's worth mentioning is, that WoW's playerbase in MoP was rather the same, after the initial drop after the release of the xpac(which was expected). Subs even went up again in 5.4!

I hate to say it, but the only truly legal way for people to have the experience they want in detailed fashion is to make their very own MMO.

obviously thats not gonna happen so it seems pserver world will continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    - No flying mounts = So nostalgia over no flying
    - No shop = So anger over something that has no effect in-game
    - World PvP in every zone of the game = I played in Vanilla, outside of random ganking which still occurs now, "World PvP" generally was in a few select zones
    - A real raid system with progression, not just the same raid over and over again = Until you beat Ragnaros and have to just farm him on the same difficulty
    - A real economy = Trading goods for gold hasn't changed in 12 years of WoW
    - Bots and cheaters get banned = They do in Retail it's just the population and spread of servers is much larger
    - A talent tree system that actually gives you a sense of progression = Cookie cutter builds and +% to x Ability isn't really progression
    - Cities filled with players = My servers Cities are still filled with players.

Your private server sure sounds appetizing
    - No flying mounts = World PvP. Who said anything about Nostalgia?
    - No shop = no pay to win buy buying gold and max level toons with real life money.... on Nostalrius you have to earn that stuff
    - World PvP in every zone of the game, you clearly haven't tried Nostalrius lol. That being said, the hot spots are: Dire Maul, Blackrock Mountain, Winterspring, Silithus, Azshara, World Dragon and Kazzak spawn points, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, Tarren Mill, Dark Shore, Tanaris, STV (pretty much the whole zone). How many spots in WoD see world pvp all of the time? Go ahead and list some.
    - After you beat Ragnaros you still have BWL, AQ40, ZG, AQ20, and Naxx. Good luck beating those all on the first week at max level. On the flip side you can see *all* of the content at max level within a week on retail.
    - A real economy - you get banned for buying gold on Nostalrius. On live, not only does blizzard not ban people, they essentially sell gold themselves. Oh yeah, and you can't get millions of gold by just hanging out in one spot on Nostalrius, like you can with the garrison.
    - Bots and cheaters get banned - they don't in retail. I've literally seen bots that hit exalted with factions like WSG (which take forever), not only that, but you have to cheat and trade wins and use illegal programs at the top levels just because everyone else is doing it.
    - Talent trees - 51 talent points offers much more customization then 6.
    - Cities filled with players - have you seen garrisons? You are the only person in your garrison unless you invite someone else to it lol. Do I really need to pull up that video that screen shotted Orgrimmar again?

Take this L and go back to your garrison lol.

Deleted
    Ok lets bring this to a close because the people who are for legacy servers dont mind breaking the law to play them and dont see it as an illegal act. They want blizzard to do it but because they dont they go to illegal private servers to get there fix.

The other side see private legacy servers as illegal act what they are and also dont want blizzard to waist resources to make them.

Both sides arnt moving and i doubt blizzard will change there minds so this cycle will continue like it always has and the only difference this time is that nostralius had alot of hype behind it from streamers etc.

Will be here next year or the year after with another server(volkan) most likely arguing the same crap. So for the sane people run!! for the people already here understand the that other side wont change there minds on this subject and have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    What they meant by that thing was - the object databases have changed a lot, so they can't just roll them back to the state they were in vanilla (this gets often misinterpreted as "we don't have the code").

They'd have to have a separate infrastructure for classic servers.
    Yes, I also had this assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    - No shop = no pay to win buy buying gold and max level toons with real life money
    People use P2W way too loosely these days.

People consider the term very loosely. Pay to Progress is severely confused with Pay to Win, and honestly both have their own moral differences. Neither is good, but the pay to progress combats gold sellers through tokens.

lol some posters are so stupid on the nost forums

"Blizzard can force this server down.

but

Blizzard can NOT take the good times we had
    Blizzard can NOT take the good memories we HAVE.

Thank you."

what is nost without blizzard? nothing you have nothing, the entire world characters abilities talents items everything your in field of view is thanks to blizzard, nost did fuck all compared to blizzard, go create an mmorpg from scratch, blizzard gave you all the good times and all the memories thank blizzard first, thank blizzard again then again, then thank some slackers who hosted it.

i'm glad blizzard shut them down, stupid unthankful players.

When you can buy max level or buy gold which in turn you use for gear, you are essentially giving money for advantages over other players.

Feel free to let me know which part of this statement you disagree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    I don't have to know, because I don't really care. But *if* legacy servers were profitable and *if* there was actually a market for them, Blizzard would have already released them. But there isn't. They don't spend time fixing old stuff because there's no money in it. And that's good. I want them to do new stuff.

That "6 billion dollar company" thing is so old. Please stop it, because it has nothing to do with how economy or companies operate.
    Hahahahahahaha, alright, and since you seem to be a expert in economy mind explaining how it works? Oh and have fun with another great expansion that is on the way with all the great new content similar to the one we immensely enjoyed in WoD. I heard Blizzards new goal is to hit 2.5 million subs by 2017, I think we have a great shot at that!

- No shop = no pay to win buy buying gold and max level toons with real life money.... on Nostalrius you have to earn that stuff
    Um, what? You could buy gold on Nos.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest error blizzard ever done was make expansions and not stand alone games. I know vanilla Warcraft would be populated a long with BC and WOTLK, the rest would naturally be abanonded with single servers.

Wonder how many wrath babies would change there tune once they get a sip of the real Warcraft.

It really makes no sense for Blizzard to not capitalize on this. Most Companies that release iconic games will harken back to their old games and even rerelease them with HD graphics. Games Like Metal Gear Solid all the way to Zelda have had use of their older content to provide their fan base not only with the nostalgia but as a way for new fans who enjoy their content now to catch up and delve deeper into the story and mechanics of older games. I would like to think that Blizzard has something up their sleeve with this as to shut down a server ,that really has no conflicting interest in wow as it is, is petty. The whole point people are making of this is that it is petty.

When you can buy max level or buy gold which in turn you use for gear, you are essentially giving money for advantages over other players.

Feel free to let me know which part of this statement you disagree with.
    Traditionally P2W is where you buy an advantage over another player that they don't have access to. Technically, you are gaining a time advantage which I suppose in a vacuum it's P2W. Depends on your outlook, but it's another dimension of reality if you consider the two equal.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Um, what? You could buy gold on Nos.
    The difference is you can and often do get banned. On the flip side, blizzard themselves are involved with the gold selling process and encourage it.

Someone want to run my 22 lock thru dungeons to power level 60? Pst.