Poll: Would 1,000,000 gold be acceptable to fly pre-patch 1 of Legion?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is? I bought flying for all my characters (8) in TBC. And had gold to spare. I don't have 8 million now
    I don't think anyone is talking about gold cap on each character-- that would be insane. It's a single gold cap per account.

Don't get me wrong, I think the price is way too high to be acceptable to most people. But I have the money several times over, and I personally would pay it.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-04-06 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guarantee you anything you want probably 70% of the WoW population has probably never had more than about 100K gold. Give or take a few Ks.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Yeah, I have 11 L100s and "only" ~5 million gold. If the price was 1m account-wide, most people would be really upset. If it was 1m per character... rioting in the streets.

I dont care about flying at all, if i get it, i get it... if not than i will use flight paths

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me the problem wasn't no flying, it was no flying in a zone that seemed to require it. Trying to get to Kazzak with no flying? Better hope you can get a summon.... The only other option is that a group comes to help you run there.

No flying in azeroth works fine because of this. No flying in outland would be a nightmare. No flying in Draenor is somewhere in between. Better design in Legion zone to allow everywhere to be accessible enough on ground mounts (this includes making it a bit smaller) would mean flying is nothing but a perk.

That said... no, it should not be buyable with gold. I have just this week made it to 100k gold for the first time in my life, and I have been playing since ICC patch (took a break from throne of thunder until about 4 months ago). Other people that have played for a year or so have many millions of gold.

Rewarding someone because they enjoy one aspect of the game over another is terrible. Just as gating flying behind killing Mythic Archi, or getting Gladiator would be a terrible idea (exaggerating but you get my point). Gold making is just one aspect of the game and people shouldn't be forced to do it.
    Last edited by Viggers; 2016-04-06 at 06:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. Most players don't even have half of that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Flying mounts was the dumbest thing added to this game, destroyed so many things.

I still remember my first gryphon ride from stormwind to Ironforge, where I saw the all the skull mobs, and the dwarfs fighting dragons.
    Not to mention the huge sacrificial alter in burning steppes.
    Ya, and it was even more awesome being able to fly to those zones and see them for more than a few seconds without having to spend an hour travelling
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't give a shit because frankly I don't give a shit for flying UNLESS they have certain collectibles or rare spawns like in Tanaan where having a flying mount is pretty much required if you want in on those goodies. Before flying in Tanaan it all felt fair no one had an advantage over anyone but once they introduced a way to fly, people rushed for the achievement and once people were flying around they were zip zopping all over the place killing all the rare spawns leaving people without flying with nothing. It wasn't fair. So that made me have to go get flying and go through that agonizing process of getting that achievement. Not only that but when you were in a group for one of those assault dailies, group members would just fly from point A to point B and you'd be left stranded there with enemies surrounding you. So because of those things you were pretty much forced to get flying whether you liked it or not unless you want to be left behind all the time.

So if it's going to be like that I say fuck no. Keep people on the damn ground until end game or until we get another Timeless Isle/Tanaan Jungle area. Let them cry and bitch all they want. If they don't like it they can go fuck off.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-04-06 at 08:50 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never pay that amount of gold for flying (or anything else ingame). Not even if I wanted since I can barely save 200k.

What if Blizzard decided that we should pay for every feature? 100k for Artifact, 30k for respecs, 15k for each boss try.... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Flying mounts was the dumbest thing added to this game, destroyed so many things.

I still remember my first gryphon ride from stormwind to Ironforge, where I saw the all the skull mobs, and the dwarfs fighting dragons.
    Not to mention the huge sacrificial alter in burning steppes.
    That flight path is still in game and available. The addition of flying didn't remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not care, have 13 mil gold left to spend on legion BoE´s and other stuff like flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Flying does nothing except speeding up the rate at which people complete content, same as "queuing" for everything has ruined server communities. At the very least you should have to travel to the summoning stone of a instance before you queue up for it. All these QoL/time savibg features is the core reason why the game is suffering.
    Don't recall it suffering during TBC and Wrath. Clearly this must mean adding flight to EK/Kalimdor for Cata was the cause of the current game's malaise!

My guess, most players probably have not seen much over 100K much less a million. They should unlock flying, account wide, in each zone as you finish the content.

I myself will do the same thing I did last time. I will play my main, get through all of the content and then cancel until flying is obtainable. If Blizzard were to pull some ludicrous shit like this or not have flying at all, I would not resub until a month before the next expansion and then I would do the same. However long Blizzard wishes to free up the $30 a month out of my game budget is completely up to them and I am sure I am not the only player that feels that way.

Yes, it is.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Nope.

Obtaining a large amount of gold can be done without any gameplay, whatsoever.

To unlock flying, you should have to invest real world time into actually playing the game.

I imagine it would be hard to fly with 1,000,000 gold. Wouldn't that be VERY heavy?

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, we already have players who would rather sit in their garrisons and gripe about lack of content than get out and play the content that's there. I think anything that incentivizes exploring the world - up close and personal - is good for the overall health of the game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    You had to in early Cataclysm. People used it to -not- unlock the dungeons they didn't want to get when using Dungeon Finder, and blizzard pretty fast removed the requirement for that reason.
    Also at least one dungeon's (Throne of Tides) entrance was at the end of the Vashjir zone's quest line, not available otherwise I think, and it being somewhat unpopular underwater 3D zone didn't help it either, I think good bunch of people never unlocked that one.
    If you had to go there every time, I think it'd be pretty safe bet that nobody would run it.
    (or everyone would expect a summon, not wanting to go there by themselves)

--

On topic, no bloody way. First, a million is a sum loads of players don't even have and never will, the AH players with multiple gold caps etc. are only a smart part of the playerbase (blizzard's rep posted something like that once).
    Second, flying should just be unlocked same as it was before, reach max level, pay some reasonable (for average player, not AH tycoon) amount of gold (like say 5k) to unlock flying for that character, done (earlier if some levelling zones need it, like it was with Storm Peaks and Icecrown in WotLK).
    Maybe (once it's unlocked for your max level character) buy some BoA book to have your alt have it earlier (like we could in WotLK), for say another 5k or 10k (with say, 50k option to buy account wide one for all alts, a player could decide which one to get based on the amount of alts they have and want to fly with etc.).

The WoD-style bullshit excuse for a compromise (do almost everything there's to do in the open world, and then you can fly some time after the last patch, when nobody cares anymore) blizzard can shove where the sun doesn't shine, I won't be paying for that BS. They cheated us once, now it's my way or the highway.
    I know we had to in Cata, that's not what I ment though. You should have to travel to a specific summon stone to queue for that dungeon- each and every time, not just the first time.
    If things take more effort to get into, be it LFR or 5 mans, they're less likely to behave like dicks. This queuing from anywhere makes it so effortless that people dont mind if they get kicked, hell most of the time there's not even any communication in "lfg" systems... For an MMO that's a problem, sadly the "answer" Blizzard decided on was making content in LFG so easy a trained chimp could do it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    They should unlock flying, account wide, in each zone as you finish the content.
    As long as the "content" in this case means, say, loremaster+explorer for the zone, okay.
    (I'd do Loremaster anyway, since I want to see the events of the game etc., and that'd cover most of the Explorer, too, I think)

Not "do everything there is, including stupid treasures crap you don't care about, then you can fly, when there's nothing left to fly to" WoD-style. And certainly not after the last patch is there for some months, when nobody cares and it's not even relevant anymore.

Also I disagree with you on one more thing - if you care about flying as you seem to, you shouldn't buy Legion, until flying is actually there on terms that are good enough for you (and only you, not me, nor anyone else, just you). Otherwise, they have your money for it, they might well not care about what you think or want.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    As long as the "content" in this case means, say, loremaster+explorer for the zone, okay.
    (I'd do Loremaster anyway, since I want to see the events of the game etc., and that'd cover most of the Explorer, too, I think)

Not "do everything there is, including stupid treasures crap you don't care about, then you can fly, when there's nothing left to fly to" WoD-style. And certainly not after the last patch is there for some months, when nobody cares and it's not even relevant anymore.

Also I disagree with you on one more thing - if you care about flying as you seem to, you shouldn't buy Legion, until flying is actually there on terms that are good enough for you (and only you, not me, nor anyone else, just you). Otherwise, they have your money for it, they might well not care about what you think or want.
    Pretty much the majority of the quests and the entire area explored is what I was aiming for. In regards to the treasures, just make it an achievement retrieving them without the aid of a flying mount.

As far as not buying the expansion, I still want to play through on my main to experience the story and game play. After I have completed the zones, however, I am over being stuck to ground mounts and I want to fly. So I will pay for one or two months of subscription time and that is it. This last expansion I stopped playing for at least 9 months. That is almost $270 (I have 2 accounts) of lost revenue because of Blizzard's asinine policy. And I am quite sure I am not the only player that will play and then quit until flight is obtainable.

Remember in games when you had to unlock shit and earn it? Those were the good ole days. Now it's pay-to-play or pay-to-win