Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Who's to say that person you quoted hadn't completed pretty much anything and everything pre-HoT and had high expectations for new zones to explore and things to do?

Players can only do so much with the toolkit provided by developers in the form of the game world.
    Plus, HoT capped off quite a long span of time with no real new content. And since, we've had nothing really either. I do wonder if the folks that left because GW2 didn't have raids and they didn't like 2 week updates are coming back now, but somehow I doubt it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Playing daily, pretty happy with HoT and really hope theyll do more expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    Just like the WoD players, you have no imagination and burn yourself out of content too fast.

True MMORPG players find stuff to do in an MMO because they have imagination and don't require devs to spoon-feed them content.
    "True MMORPG players" Man, if we've completed all the content prior to HoT, what are we supposed to do? The new content with HoT is pretty bad. You can't argue that WoD is good, at all. Especially when there's concrete proof showing that WoD compared to the other expansions is absolutely awful, and it becomes even more obvious when the devs themselves say they made mistakes during this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    Just like the WoD players, you have no imagination and burn yourself out of content too fast.

True MMORPG players find stuff to do in an MMO because they have imagination and don't require devs to spoon-feed them content.
    I have done everything there is to do in GW2, dungeons, world exploration, full ascended gear on multiple toons, 6 legendaries, all classes to max lvl, all elite specs unlocked. HoT gave me 2 weeks of content, 2 weeks.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy the game as much as i used to so not so much anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I have done everything there is to do in GW2, dungeons, world exploration, full ascended gear on multiple toons, 6 legendaries, all classes to max lvl, all elite specs unlocked. HoT gave me 2 weeks of content, 2 weeks.
    man you have too much free time..............

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    man you have too much free time..............
    It's not like that person (or anyone else for that matter) didn't have 3 years to do all that stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's not like that person (or anyone else for that matter) didn't have 3 years to do all that stuff...
    talking about all elite specs unlocked.................

also he does not mention masteries if he says he done all the masteries also i go out and start hugging trees naked at nights on the streets........

Masteries really don't take that long to do. 2 weeks of hard grinding would be enough if you were really dedicated IMO. Only thing left for @Jinxz to do is raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    talking about all elite specs unlocked.................

also he does not mention masteries if he says he done all the masteries also i go out and start hugging trees naked at nights on the streets........
    Unlocking elite specs was as stupid easy as hopping onto an elite spec unlock train/event, then spend all of 30-45 mins doing enough hero points to get the 250 needed. They may very well be faster now, for all I know (I got Herald and one of my other elite specs done that way).

For someone who already had world completion done, you could hit 7-8 HPs in VB and be done. None of which required killing a champ mob. I did this for druid and berserker.

Note: These runs/numbers are after the nerf that reduced the elite spec cost from 400 hp to 250.

On the subject of masteries, I was at...55ish, I think, from 2 weeks of play. Had most of everything done for Central Tyria and most of the "must haves" from HoT before I quit playing.

Deleted
    I log in daily for the "Thanks for logging in!" goodies, but usually log out after five minutes. That said, Guild Wars is a quaint back up mmo when WoW feels a little stale with its progression, progression, progression attitude. At least for me, GW never feels like its pushing you to queue up and do stuff. There's something very charming about the relaxed little community and attitude GW2 has. (I say "little" in more of an endearing way than actual population wise).

I go through phases of either exclusively playing an mmo, or focusing on a single player RPG playthrough with the occasional dive into mmo gameplay weaved in. With the former, it's always WoW. But with the latter, it's GW2. It's nice to take a break from Skyrim for a while with GW2 before sinking your teeth back into TES dungeon crawling.

I haven't bought the GW2 expansion yet, and I have no plans of doing so. Perhaps one day. That said... what is it with MMOs and jungle end-games lately? Tanaan in WoW? Maguuma in Guild Wars 2?

Deleted
    Almost every day. I'll do the daily stuff (PVP and PVE mostly) and then chill doing some Maguuma or fractals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it another shot. I want to play a mmo again, but i'm tired about the stat treadmill other games offer.

How are thiefs currently? It was my main since release and i like to play him again. Is he viable without the silly staff shit they introduced? (i hate everything that has some flavor of a monk class).
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

7+ Year Old Account
    logging in on my 3 gw2 accs for daily reward and increasing my gold amount , thats about it these days.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I log on for dailys, and usually run some fractals etc if I'm not doing much else. I'm always there when new patches release though and they usually keep me busy for a month or so. Also grinding a bit for a legendary weapon now and then. It's a very good filler between other games and such.

Have they mentioned any intentions on easying-up on the specificity of the dailies and make them like they used to be? As in "kills with any profession in pvp" or "gather whatever anywhere in the world"? That change was what killed the game for me, if they change it back to how it used to be (plus put a good monthly achievement system there) I will be back to this game straight away. For now though, I haven't logged in almost at all for about a year, even though I follow the news regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Have they mentioned any intentions on easying-up on the specificity of the dailies and make them like they used to be? As in "kills with any profession in pvp" or "gather whatever anywhere in the world"? That change was what killed the game for me, if they change it back to how it used to be (plus put a good monthly achievement system there) I will be back to this game straight away. For now though, I haven't logged in almost at all for about a year, even though I follow the news regularly.
    Sadly, no. I'd definitely start playing again if they did, because the older daily system was lightyears better than the one that exists today.

QoL patch comes out on Tuesday, so hopefully those will make the zones a bit less obnoxious and I'll be able to at least finish the base storyline without getting annoyed.

Aren't the new dailies better though? All you do is log in and off, right?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I've done all the interesting content by the time I reached level 32, never returned back.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side