10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Still I could totally imagine the orcs' reaction about Gul'dan winning with a drain spell and wondering "wait, what? da fuck is dat shit?"
    To be honest, I don't really understand why any of them would expect Gul'dan to fight physically. He's physically frail and weak, only worth something through his magic. I donno, I guess I can pretty easily see the Mak'gora allowing shamans to use their spells in the duels. And this easily extends to him, since they just swapped fel magic for shamanism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Eh oh well then! As someone else said, don't expect stuff because you will just be let down during the movie.
    'Twas me. But yeah, the hopes are always there. ^^ I just REALLY want people to be shocked when they're watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

Nothing special, but that is new art of Orgrim!
    So in French the Doomhammer is the Hammer of Destiny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    To be honest, I don't really understand why any of them would expect Gul'dan to fight physically. He's physically frail and weak, only worth something through his magic. I donno, I guess I can pretty easily see the Mak'gora allowing shamans to use their spells in the duels. And this easily extends to him, since they just swapped fel magic for shamanism.
    Honestly is kinda weird that Gul'dan participate in a Mak'gora to begin with. The Mak'gora was clearly meant for warriors back then, not a thing for shamans, even less warlocks. Then again, Durotan and Gul'dan fight with no weapons in hand, which is weird. It could be not a Mak'gora at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    So in French the Doomhammer is the Hammer of Destiny?
    Well, doom is more or a less a synonim of destiny. But I guess they don't have a proper word to make the whole statement work as an actual word.

"Hammer of Destiny" would be translated as "Martello del Destino" in Italian. But to elaborate a single word, it was used the synonim of "destino", which is "fato". Result = "Martelfato".

I guess French lacks a proper counterpart to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well, doom is more or a less a synonim of destiny. But I guess they don't have a proper word to make the whole statement work as an actual word.

"Hammer of Destiny" would be translated as "Martello del Destino" in Italian. But to elaborate a single word, it was used the synonim of "destino", which is "fato". Result = "Martelfato".

I'm curious how our Serbian translators will butcher the word, they always find a way to make me cringe. Expecting nothing less than the Cudgel of Ruin or some such nonsense At least they subtitle rather than dub movies or they would be unwatchable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    The props themselves could be made out of metal but it might not have shown onscreen. Some metals don't shine as much as others and people don't expect that. And with some paint layers on there, who knows.
    Well, actors wearing armor with reflective surfaces is generally going to be problematic if you've got them in front of cameras and (especially) a lot of greenscreen. I'd expect that in the final film they'll probably touch up the metal surfaces a bit, but we'll have to wait and see.

I mean, all the props were made by Weta. They know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    I'm curious how our Serbian translators will butcher the word, they always find a way to make me cringe. Expecting nothing less than the Cudgel of Ruin or some such nonsense At least they subtitle rather than dub movies or they would be unwatchable.
    Well, just know that the Italian localization turned "Windrunner" in "Runwind" and "Stormwind" into....well, the best translation possible is "Cliffwind", which is dumb but is better than "Fortresswind" or "Strongholdwind".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    He is not Paradokz, you claimed someone else was Paradokz already & was wrong.

Hell you & paradokz both signed in the same month same year, you could be Paradokz for all we now.
    The hell? I've been proving him wrong since I've been here. I'm on that facebook page and I'll call him out anytime. How dare you accuse me of being him. Have the Moderators check IPs. I'm pissed off you would associate me with that abomination.

Also, where was I wrong? Link it to me because I'd love to know. Spoiler: I never accused anybody until now.
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-04-08 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very interesting to me how when you stumble or search any unusual site (those apart from the likes of reddit, or here), all you pretty much see is people bringing up how ''it doesn't catch thier attention, CGI debates or I like Duncan Jones but I'll pass.'' It's a phenomenon for sure. I guess I'll just do what I said before and just go and watch a movie, don't really care about vocal opinions anymore since it ultimately isn't gonna really change or change mine.

Deleted

The bottom text confirms Garona is actually a half-draenei in the movie, not half-human. They probably keep referring to her as half-human to not confuse non-fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    The bottom text confirms Garona is actually a half-draenei in the movie, not half-human. They probably keep referring to her as half-human to not confuse non-fans.
    I like all the little details that say half-draenei, not even glowing eyes this time. She also wears the tusk of her fallen mother... like the tusks which humans and draenei are known for, of course. That's one fucked up description.

10+ Year Old Account
    That lines up with the ''Draenei mother'' cast in imdb. RIP. I doubt they'll show freaking rape in this movie nor do I think they need to, but it seems like it implies it as a background development atleast.

Just a heads up everyone, I know someone who works over at Universal in their marketing dept and told me all the crap they are working on(didn't even recognize some of them) and Warcraft wasn't even on it. Seems like they are doing a ton of OT getting stuff ready for cinemacon and not worrying about Warcraft. doubt we will get a new trailer soon if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry buddy, I already gave up on that business. I'm gonna see it anyway, and fully expect it to not do well in the west thanks to them. But it's whateves, I'm still going and hoping the east, etc saves it.

Sidenote seeing comments like these

on the twitter hashtag are so funny to me for some reason. It just goes to show how little people actually care about lore atleast as WoW players.

Honestly is kinda weird that Gul'dan participate in a Mak'gora to begin with. The Mak'gora was clearly meant for warriors back then, not a thing for shamans, even less warlocks. Then again, Durotan and Gul'dan fight with no weapons in hand, which is weird. It could be not a Mak'gora at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Doomhammer is one of the things that is renamed the most in localization. It's "Cursed Hammer" in spanish.

Legendary translating this movie differently than Blizzard translated WoW is one of the things I fear the most, and it's not unlikely.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-04-08 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted

It actually doesn't confirm anything. I mean, I do believe she's half draenei, but the text could just mean her mother was an orc, and her father the other species. Again, I do believe she's half draenei, but the possibility remains, and thus the text doesn't confirm anything. That's all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    That Text under the picture is so confusing "Her Human Form and she wears the Tusk of her Fallen Mother (Orc Mother?? i thought Maraad was the Brother of her Mother so she had a draenei Mother) what is going on in these Texts? or is this Note in the chinese Section just a angry comment from the Editor?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orc female raped draenei male?

- - - Updated - - -

Look, Medivh and GulDan together near the Dark Portal, blocked by sand. Cool art.

https://twitter.com/Rodjer_Freeman/s...64927531053056

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    It actually doesn't confirm anything. I mean, I do believe she's half draenei, but the text could just mean her mother was an orc, and her father the other species. Again, I do believe she's half draenei, but the possibility remains, and thus the text doesn't confirm anything. That's all.
    Huh? The text explicitly says: Garona is a half-breed of orc and draenei, not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
    That Text under the picture is so confusing "Her Human Form and she wears the Tusk of her Fallen Mother (Orc Mother?? i thought Maraad was the Brother of her Mother so she had a draenei Mother) what is going on in these Texts? or is this Note in the chinese Section just a angry comment from the Editor?
    They are apparently using human as not related to the human race, but to her rather "human" features. Hence the note saying she is a half-draenei, to avoid any confusion. As for the tusk. Either they switched the races of her parents, gave the Draenei small tusks (Archimonde actually had them in Warcraft III, although I have always thought that to be a demonic thing), or the tusk is some family heirloom, not literally a tusk from her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Orc female raped draenei male?
    Death by Snusnu is cannon in Warcraft then...