Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard has never listened to its community so why now? They wont listen until they have lost everything and at that point it will be way too late.
    Atleast i feel treated like a kid when they tell me that i do not know what i enjoy. And what i have always enjoyed was every expansion pre-cata. But i know shit according to Blizzard and many community members. I have played it over and over again on private servers and i enjoy the questing and dungeons so much more! It has substance gamedesign wise, i do not care about a silly story.
    If i want a thorough story i will read the lore myself.
    Last edited by mmocb675a900ba; 2016-04-08 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wait..what?
    Another Donny entering this thread.

No, because the way things go with stuff like this is generally...

People get mad/sad/disappointed.

People start petitions and protests and shit talk on every platform they can manage.

A week passes, people get bored, get over it and move on with their lives.

Nostalrius was illegal. It's not going to come back, and nothing Blizzard can say will help. If anything, publicly addressing why they brought it down will just make people more mad. I'm honestly impressed that they're allowing Nostalrius discussions to happen on their main forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well yes exactly which is why I'd rather Blizzard thought of some kind of solution to this, rather than what we're seeing now, which while totally just, doesnt exist in a vacuum.

However the playerbase could take some advice and do the same thing, the self righteous glee surrounding this situation is quite frankly pathetic and damaging.
    Both pages of the story is pathetic and damaging. The ones who gloat, the ones who mourn, the ones who point out the legals and the ones who rage. Of course, Blizzard could've handled it different, but in the end, it is their choice if they want outdated systems. And if they don't want it, doesn't give people an open invitation to copy it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by chwhitby View Post
    Blizzard has made their point pretty clear, why would they need to keep repeating themselves?
    There is a certain inconsistency in claiming "we don't want to host" legacy servers" on one hand, and in actively shutting down hosted by a third party on the other. I mean, if they don't care about legacy servers, it's not like these pservers are a competition, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    If you don't get how a company, whose sole purpose it is to make money, is being "punished" by not getting money, I don't know what to tell you bud. Go back to school.

And no, I don't punish myself by not playing their games anymore, there are tons of other games, and other activities out there, that I can sink my time into. No need to support greedy, anti-consumer developers.
    3 people (1 not buying Blizzard games, same person who was playing for free anyways), 4 copies of Legion sold. I don't see where the money is lost.

If it was no big deal, why are you here? Go play all those awesome games.

I believe they will simply due to the absolutely massive outpouring of support we've seen, if they're willing to freak out over Tracers arse, theres a good chance they'll try to salvage or address a large community.
    there was no community - there was just bunch of thieves who refused to pay for product and couple of twitch streamers who wanted to make quick $ - nobody will miss any of you nor will they care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yup, and it's spilling over to their other IPs too like Overwatch. They have nothing to gain from this move but a whole lot to lose. The people on nostalrius only wanted to be left alone in their time capsule, enjoying the game in a state Blizzard actively refuses to support.
    That's the problem with these butthurt vanilla fans. This way, they will SURELY never get a Vanilla server. Why should Blizzard do them a favor after they are throwing such a tantrum and clearly show how selfish they are?

Im saying most people on Nost had an active sub, or at least active when there was any actual content to do. And by alienating them further it doesnt help anyone and can push them away, like its currently doing.
    You have anything to prove that 150k active account on Nos, also had active accounts on live?

No?

Oh well, guess you'll be enjoying gw2, or something now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is a certain inconsistency in claiming "we don't want to host" legacy servers" on one hand, and in actively shutting down hosted by a third party on the other. I mean, if they don't care about legacy servers, it's not like these pservers are a competition, right ?
    It's not about competition, its about ILLEGALITY. Heavens, let some brains rain down on these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    i think we are MISSING THE POINT, nostalrius had ~150k active players, so what that means ? there is a lot of demand, with NO marketing.
    At no cost. Anyone that takes more than 5 seconds to think about it would see that even if they did release a classic server the number would go DOWN the second people need to start paying for it, and again after X numbers of months and then again after X number of months. Since a vanilla server could never evolve or change, less it stops being a vanilla server there will NEVER be new content, and most sane people don't fork out money to pay for an MMO that never releases new content for too long.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and blizzard should purse those people and permaban them from retail as they agreeded in toes to not use private servers. we dont need thieves in game
    I will spell it for ya cos you people don't seem to understand.
    Blizzard is a company, a company.They exist to make money and they don't really care about your naive morality.
    It's funny how people like you are defending big corporation.Sure they don't give a crap about my opinion but be assured that your opinion is almost as important to them as mine.

Deleted
    "Nos PS" what's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Both pages of the story is pathetic and damaging. The ones who gloat, the ones who mourn, the ones who point out the legals and the ones who rage. Of course, Blizzard could've handled it different, but in the end, it is their choice if they want outdated systems. And if they don't want it, doesn't give people an open invitation to copy it.
    I feel like this is the issue that not enough people are discussing. The law isn't black and white, it's ever changing, and far from perfect. Video games that change over their life cycle are new and aren't designed around older IP laws. If games are going to continue this trend (which they will) there needs to be some kind of protection for buyers who are not just financially investing, but emotionally investing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    3 people (1 not buying Blizzard games, same person who was playing for free anyways), 4 copies of Legion sold. I don't see where the money is lost.

If it was no big deal, why are you here? Go play all those awesome games.
    You still don't get it and probably never will, but I will pray for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki79 View Post
    "Nos PS" what's that?
    Nos = Nostalrius
    PS = Private Server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleOSP View Post
    I feel like this is the issue that not enough people are discussing. The law isn't black and white, it's ever changing, and far from perfect. Video games that change over their life cycle are new and aren't designed around older IP laws. If games are going to continue this trend (which they will) there needs to be some kind of protection for buyers who are not just financially investing, but emotionally investing.
    Companies can't be locked down on old products because of people being emotional connected to old content. And they shouldn't be locked down either. Blizzard has to fill out papers every year to keep their rights active to their products.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They addressed Tracer's ass and they addressed the community backlash when we were told we would never get flying back, so they better answer to this too. Not doing anything would mean ignoring thousands of fans and I am really interested in hearing what they now have to say about legacy servers now that they have seen what kind of demand there is for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    They addressed Tracer's ass and they addressed the community backlash when we were told we would never get flying back, so they better answer to this too. Not doing anything would mean ignoring thousands of fans and I am really interested in hearing what they now have to say about legacy servers now that they have seen what kind of demand there is for them.
    They don't really need to. The previous two examples mentioned was on their field, the third is them going on the offensive.

So group of people play a game using pirated software (yes pirated, no and's, if's or but's), owners of software begin legal proceedings and illegal site immediately responds by complying with request. Game over. Nothing more to see, move on.

As to the "Set it up in Finland, they can't touch us there" ... wrong, so very, very wrong. Yes you can have a Private server, no it does not get the protection if it's based upon illegal, pirated software ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)