Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Male Student Claims to Have Periods In Sync With Female Flatmate

Meet the male student who says he suffers periods when his female flatmate does

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-flatmate-does

George Fellowes is a 22-year-old university student and believes he gets what he describes as "a male period".

He says he's so close to his best friend and flatmate Amber-May Ellis that he gets cramps when she comes on each month.

And it's become so bad that at times he's had to take sick days.

Speaking to Newsbeat, George explains: "I think it's a psychological thing because we're so close, we feel the same emotions."

Over the past three years he says "it's been like clockwork every month" and he has similar symptoms to females.

"I get pain in my lower abdomen and in the groin area. I get super moody, really erratic and angry with most of my friends.

"I also get emotional. I'm not really one for a cry but during that time of the month I'm an emotional wreck."

There's one thing that doesn't happen for George though.

"I do think men can have periods without bleeding," he says.

"If you're hanging out with someone and you're really close, I think it's only natural your hormones would sync up."

George explained that when he first started getting cramps three years ago he asked his doctor for advice.

But there was no medical explanation and he was given abdomen pain pills.

The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists told Newsbeat it is possible for George to have a psychological response to Amber but by definition he can't suffer Premenstrual Syndrome as it is not hormonally mediated.

George however wouldn't fully compare what he goes through each month to what a female does.

"It's probably a pinch of salt in comparison but I'm just not used to it," he says.

"Most women have it most of their lives and I've only had it a couple of years."
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-04-08 at 07:45 AM.

Deleted
    This little cuckold has imprinted so completely on his female alpha that he even has phantom menstrual pains. This cuck is in dire need of a masculine male role model.

It's like sympathetic pregnancy only a sympathetic period. I've tried joking about both but women don't find it funny.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    This has to be the most stupid thing I have read today.. but hey its only 8:50.. a long day ahead of me.
    Holy shit this guy is a whole new level of a pussy.

Sympathy periods....... okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something like Force bond from Star Wars?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I believe him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Something like Force bond from Star Wars?
    ha, this is gold!

OT: Cute story though

First id investigate if he isn't a chimera and absorbed a babysister in uterus. If thats not the case, I think he dude needs to get a grip on life, but other than that *shrug*

It's at best psychosomatic. Just because he believes it doesn't make it correct. I mean anorexic people think themselves fat doesn't mean it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    So men do go through hormonal cycles (testosterone drop due to stress/changes/etc) which has a similar effect as hormonal changes in women. It's mostly just mood/temperament, but sympathetic responses to physical discomfort isn't unheard of.
    Last edited by nebula; 2016-04-08 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    So men do go through hormonal cycles (testosterone drop due to stress/changes/etc) which has a similar effect as hormonal changes in women. It's mostly just mood/temperament, but sympathetic responses to physical discomfort isn't unheard of.
    Mhm, and there is also andropause, men do have cycles which can have many different effects, its just more subtle in men. Libido also fluctuates as does aggression.

Deleted
    I've never had period pains...but when my wife PMS's...it does affect me hormonally (more hungry/emotionally charged etc etc). But phantom period pains is kinda stretching it a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    but when my wife PMS's...it does affect me hormonally (more hungry/emotionally charged etc etc).
    Its very possibly that isnt purely psychological, I mean humans do communicate via hormones transmitted by skin/saliva/sweat, that it can affect those around makes sense.

Perhaps in an evolutionary stage making males hungrier would incentivise them to hunt more often during that period of the month, bringing in more iron rich meat as to replenish women's loss from bleeding? Pulling it out of my ass, but makes sense in my head.
    Have noticed similar effects with all gf's i've been with, but they are mostly just hunger as you mention.

Think a lot of men are never really very in-tune with their own mental/emotional cycles/changes because we never really had that sort of focus culturally, the idea is that men are stable unlike women, so little attention is payed to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Its very possibly that isnt purely psychological, I mean humans do communicate via hormones transmitted by skin/saliva/sweat, that it can affect those around makes sense.

Perhaps in an evolutionary stage making males hungrier would incentivise them to hunt more often during that period of the month, bringing in more iron rich meat as to replenish women's loss from bleeding? Pulling it out of my ass, but makes sense in my head.
    Have noticed similar effects with all gf's i've been with, but they are mostly just hunger as you mention.

Think a lot of men are never really very in-tune with their own mental/emotional cycles/changes because we never really had that sort of focus culturally, the idea is that men are stable unlike women, so little attention is payed to it.
    I would agree with you. Before being married I'm sure I experienced something similiar to "PMS" or whatever the male equivalent was, but I think men tend to just chalking it up to having a bad day or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhoh.....we got a headcase over here.

Actually now that I think of this and remember pathology classes, it could be endometriosis... albeit rare in men, it does happen. Her hormonal change, if they are very close (lots of contact) could potentially trigger it I imagine, and it could potentially lead to cramps and very real physical pain.

Basically is when tissue that isn't the uterus behaves like it during period and "sheds" causing internal bleeding/cramping.
    took me a second to remember this, becoming old >_>
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2016-04-08 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I went through sympathy symptoms when my daughters mother was pregnant. Was a weird time, most of which I've forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Mhm, and there is also andropause, men do have cycles which can have many different effects, its just more subtle in men. Libido also fluctuates as does aggression.
    The medical community has always completely ignored male hormonal issues. There are virtually no research done on how low testosterone affect men unless you can be clinically diagnosed as having hypergonadism.
    In contrast every women get hormonal treatments during menopause.

Everyone seem to be in agreement that Testosterone = bad