Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dragons extinction possible?

Since Dragon Aspects now mortals and warning spoilers.

Ysera is corrupted by nightmare, and later dies at player and Tyrande hands.

The Dragons are slowly going to extinct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah, they will just pull out some deus ex machina like someone channeling power of titan sleeping inside of azeroth and creating new aspects, combined with them pulling some eggs from alternate dimension futures past. They already have vision where dragons are part of final battle so i wouldnt worry about them. With prophecies you can just relax and let things flow as they want.

Seeing as they cant breed.
    Yes
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I wonder if the Outland Black dragons can breed, they weren't connected to Azeroth at all, you know Sabellian and such.

With us discovering a new Blue Dragon breed, I think their extinction will take a while.
    But Blizzard could add more lore about them surviving and becoming somehow able to reproduce again in the upcoming expansions or novels.

The Aspects though, it's hard to say because the Titan Keepers would have to empower chosen dragons (do they have to be proto-drakes, btw?),
    and with all the mess around Neltharion and Malygos I don't think they would just simply do it again.

Well, I guess we could bring our drake mounts together to see if any magic happens between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So after this, we'll only have the Red and Bronze Aspects left?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I wonder if the Outland Black dragons can breed, they weren't connected to Azeroth at all, you know Sabellian and such.
    Can't netherdragons still reproduce?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Seeing as they cant breed.
    Yes
    How exactly can't they breed? This is the first time I've heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How exactly can't they breed? This is the first time I've heard this.
    It was written in the Knaak e-book "dawn of the aspects". Putting all their powers into the Dragon Soul during the raid and losing their aspect powers caused it.
    Seems weird though that the aspects losing their powers leads to ALL members of their flight being infertile.
    I do hope they will retcon it...

One can hope they go extinct, time after time they prove to be useless for anything but trophies.

The flights that were tied to aspects will go extinct.

Proto drakes, Netherdrakes, and the new storm dragons will probably flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    It was written in the Knaak e-book "dawn of the aspects". Putting all their powers into the Dragon Soul during the raid and losing their aspect powers caused it.
    Seems weird though that the aspects losing their powers leads to ALL members of their flight being infertile.
    I do hope they will retcon it...
    It is also re-iterated on alpha by the blue dragons in Aszuna. They can't reproduce anymore so they mention that the whelps are the last alive and the dragons can't afford to lose them or their flight will die out.

It kinda makes sense the flights become infertile after reading Chronicle, as the flights were originally created basically just to help the aspects. But yeah it is a stupid thing that hopefully gets reversed, Dragons are a key feature in the world of warcraft and very iconic as raid bosses. Eventually they need to either just kill them off, or find a way to fix the problem.

Also theoretically all black dragons can still reproduce since Deathwing didn't put his power into the Dragon Soul and therefore it shouldn't have been expended. This means the off-shoots like Nether Drakes should also be fine.

I can't imagine they would ever write dragons out of the story completely. I mean, considering the bullshit they pulled to get Gul'dan back I think if they had to they'd bend over backwards to preserve the dragons in the lore.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

7+ Year Old Account
    do you mean the nether drake
    they are connected to Azeroth
    Last edited by steelballfc; 2016-04-10 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsgbsm View Post
    It is also re-iterated on alpha by the blue dragons in Aszuna. They can't reproduce anymore so they mention that the whelps are the last alive and the dragons can't afford to lose them or their flight will die out.
    It was known since 2013 that dragons can no longer reproduce and are on the road to extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was known since 2013 that dragons can no longer reproduce and are on the road to extinction.
    I know, I'm saying they've repeated it on the Alpha (hence, "re-iterated").

Quote Originally Posted by bsgbsm View Post
    It kinda makes sense the flights become infertile after reading Chronicle, as the flights were originally created basically just to help the aspects. But yeah it is a stupid thing that hopefully gets reversed, Dragons are a key feature in the world of warcraft and very iconic as raid bosses. Eventually they need to either just kill them off, or find a way to fix the problem.

Also theoretically all black dragons can still reproduce since Deathwing didn't put his power into the Dragon Soul and therefore it shouldn't have been expended. This means the off-shoots like Nether Drakes should also be fine.
    I think it doesn't make that much sense for dragons to go extinct. I mean, even troggs were merely imprisoned, despite being a literal failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    do you mean the nether drake
    they are connected to Azeroth
    No I meant the black dragons like Sabellian and all the whelps over there.
    But how are Nether drakes connected to Azeroth? They're on another world and morphed by the energies of the Nether too.

Whatever happened when the Aspects gave away their powers, wouldn't have affected Dragons on another world. And theres also the matter that Deathwing never gave his powers away. So the Blacks may still be fertile.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2016-04-10 at 08:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No I meant the black dragons like Sabellian and all the whelps over there.
    But how are Nether drakes connected to Azeroth? They're on another world and morphed by the energies of the Nether too.

Whatever happened when the Aspects gave away their powers, wouldn't have affected Dragons on another world. And theres also the matter that Deathwing never gave his powers away. So the Blacks may still be fertile.
    Nether Drake are originally Black Dragons Egg's were sent there by Deathwing "beyond the dark portal", Deathwing make Experiments on his dragons in outland producing new "unstable" dragons, which he left and went back to Azeroth.