Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Lightbulb [MAJOR SPOILERS] If Tears of Elune is a Pillar of Creation...

And all the Pillars of Creation are named after Titans...
    AND there have been many hints that Elune is a Titan...
    Doesn't that kinda confirm that Elune is a Titan?

-Sorry if this is already known to everyone and I'm just a derp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, no.

It's still very much up in the air what Elune is, exactly. Chronicle didn't even give us anything to go on beyond what was already in the old lore. The night elves believed that Elune is a moon goddess that slept in the Well of Eternity in the daytime, yadda yadda yadda.

Its very likely that Elune could be a titan or azeroth itself. But nothing is comfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Its very likely that Elune could be a titan or azeroth itself. But nothing is comfirmed.
    I kinda think that Elune being the World soul of Azeroth is wrong, mostly because we've seen Elune granting divine interventions to people, i somehow doubt that the Titan within Azeroth is in a state where it is able to interact with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Not necessarily, no.

It's still very much up in the air what Elune is, exactly. Chronicle didn't even give us anything to go on beyond what was already in the old lore. The night elves believed that Elune is a moon goddess that slept in the Well of Eternity in the daytime, yadda yadda yadda.
    I think there was this part where they said Elune taught the Night Elves the Titan words, which kinda suggested that she is a Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I thought we all agreed that she is a Naaru?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I thought we all agreed that she is a Naaru?
    A great many people do not think that.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    And all the Pillars of Creation are named after Titans...
    AND there have been many hints that Elune is a Titan...
    Doesn't that kinda confirm that Elune is a Titan?

-Sorry if this is already known to everyone and I'm just a derp.
    When we first found this out it seemed like a sound guess.

The Chronicle makes it a lot more doubtful though. Not only did they never mention or imply the existence of a Titan we didn't already know (sure, others could be born, but that's the motivation behind the Pantheon, the Legion, and the Void, so one of them probably would revealed it to us), but the only mention of Elune was in a sort of "this is just what night elves believe in" way, that gave us no new information, and coupled with the new information about cosmology, doesn't leave her a lot of room to exist.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-04-09 at 11:09 PM.

They gave us new info on elune, like the myth that says she is tied to the well and that she taught titan words to the night elves

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    They gave us new info on elune, like the myth that says she is tied to the well and that she taught titan words to the night elves
    You mean the power of the titan blood the night elves were interacting with not this "elune" who if anything might not even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You mean the power of the titan blood the night elves were interacting with not this "elune" who if anything might not even exist.
    No, mate. It's pretty much confirmed that Elune exists, as she helped Tyrande more than once, eg. she defended her during Stormrage. I think it was Stormrage anyways.

Elune exists lol. She is even heard in Winterspring during vanilla wow quests.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    No, mate. It's pretty much confirmed that Elune exists, as she helped Tyrande more than once, eg. she defended her during Stormrage. I think it was Stormrage anyways.
    How do you know she simply didn't call upon the power of the blood? If she existed it wouldn't have said in Chronicle "the night elves believe" it's either simply their faith powering them or the blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Elune exists lol. She is even heard in Winterspring during vanilla wow quests.
    In game things can be removed from canon as we have clearly seen.

"Tears of Elune" isn't necessarily the object's original name, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Titans were never depicted as self-aware in their slumbering state, just dreaming constantly. And it doesn't make any sense for a baby Titan to possess any degree of Titan knowledge; they don't come to be in the universe with that knowledge already planted in their heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Titans were never depicted as self-aware in their slumbering state, just dreaming constantly. And it doesn't make any sense for a baby Titan to possess any degree of Titan knowledge; they don't come to be in the universe with that knowledge already planted in their heads.
    Exactly the point.

Wrathion says: Oh, I see them - a million, million worlds - glittering in their perfection - but one above all others - oh -
    Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.

The Pantheon was fully aware of the existence of an extremely powerful world soul within Azeroth, to the point they rushed to fight the Old Gods that landed on the planet before they could taint it. And after they left, their creations built Forges of Will and Originations to help the soul develop itself faster (given the above quotes the Pantheon could have seen it as a "last resort" against either Legion or Void Lords). Over the course of the ages, the soul may have matured enough to be sentient and possessing knowledge left by the other titans and manifest itself to the inhabitants. Given the constant manifestations of Elune's power the Azeroth sees and yet no confirmation of her actual physical form existence unlike Wild Gods or the Old Gods, that may very well mean that Elune IS the dormant world soul of Azeroth.

ps: read through again, and what a plot twist it would be to find out Elune is actually Xel'Naga Kerrigan, lol
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2016-04-10 at 01:13 AM.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Blizzard intentionally leaves Elune vague. She works the best that way. Anyway, we don't know who named the pillars of creation. The titans gave them to the watchers first. It would be very weird for the titans to name a pillar "Tears of Elune" without Elune being someone important or related to them.

I'm starting to lean on Elune being Azeroth. I fail to see the reason for "Tears of Elune" if she weren't a Titan. It would be weird to not list her in the Chronicles if she were any other Titan but Azeroth from the Chronicles.

What if Elune is both? but of one of Azeroth's moon's?

If a planet can be a titan, why can't a moon be? like it's smaller dwarf version or a daughter of sorts- what if she's a whole type of other being most including the older titans were not aware of could exist, but they do in relation to the main planet. They also mature fast because they're smaller whiles the larger parent it's vastness takes a longer to fully awake. Or maybe they mature differently in this relationship - blizzard may have yet to define it.

Could be some titans have extra extensions, that it's not just them that are alive but their moons, and Azeroth is doubly rare in that He has a moon female companion , and she's already conscious and awake and has been re-invigorating the spirit of Azeroth and all those who were born from him. She is the reason why the old god's curse of flesh did not corrupt the titan constructs to madness but instead were subvertedly linked to Azeroth and instead imbued with his spirit which kept them in balance.

Maybe she is the one also that gave titan keepers the idea to craft the dream to nurture the soul of Azeroth in the aftermath of the old god infestation.

Maybe Elune is an extension of Azeroth, something about some titans multiplying so in a sense she is sort of like a daughter though connected to her father. The old gods arrival on Azeroth could have set off a reaction - maybe Elune is the one that made it possible for Aggrammar to sense Azeroth, amplifying the light echo of the planet to get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    What if Elune is both? but of one of Azeroth's moon's?

If a planet can be a titan, why can't a moon be? like it's smaller dwarf version or a daughter of sorts- what if she's a whole type of other being most including the older titans were not aware of could exist, but they do in relation to the main planet. They also mature fast because they're smaller whiles the larger parent it's vastness takes a longer to fully awake. Or maybe they mature differently in this relationship - blizzard may have yet to define it.

Could be some titans have extra extensions, that it's not just them that are alive but their moons, and Azeroth is doubly rare in that He has a moon female companion , and she's already conscious and awake and has been re-invigorating the spirit of Azeroth and all those who were born from him. She is the reason why the old god's curse of flesh did not corrupt the titan constructs to madness but instead were subvertedly linked to Azeroth and instead imbued with his spirit which kept them in balance.

Maybe she is the one also that gave titan keepers the idea to craft the dream to nurture the soul of Azeroth in the aftermath of the old god infestation.

Maybe Elune is an extension of Azeroth, something about some titans multiplying so in a sense she is sort of like a daughter though connected to her father. The old gods arrival on Azeroth could have set off a reaction - maybe Elune is the one that made it possible for Aggrammar to sense Azeroth, amplifying the light echo of the planet to get help.
    Would like that