Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why, because they don't do the one thing that you do?
    No I mean the whole "Oh you are an elitist jerk because you offered help when I am doing only 13k dps and I don't care because I pay 15 a month and should be able to see the content too" and the "Special snowflake" "No lifer" "Basement dweller" insults.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    Basically......every wow fanatic who don`t pay money to blizz anymore including me.
    I am impressed you know what "every wow fanatic" wants.

no one with half a brain and passion for warlike fantasy games want pandas, LFR and welfare epics. I'm sorry, but if you are not critical of the three last expansions..well, then you got no taste
    All good arguments start with "Noone with a half brain .. wants..".

Basically......every wow fanatic who don`t pay money to blizz anymore including me. no one with half a brain and passion for warlike fantasy games want pandas, LFR and welfare epics. I'm sorry, but if you are not critical of the three last expansions..well, then you got no taste
    Now that might just take the cake as one of the most arrogant attitudes of today.

Different taste from your own, doesn't equal "no taste". I am WoW fan (more than you I'd dare say considering you've given up on it) have more than half a brain, a passion for warlike fantasy games and I truly enjoyed MoP since it was pretty damned amazing in terms of content offered and the quality of said content. I'm sorry that you couldn't handle "pandas" in a fantasy game already housing gnomes and talking cows and wolfmen, but to each his own.

And the term "welfare epics" has always been equal to sucking on the doucheflute. Just sayin'. The best epics are and always will be locked behind the highest tier content, and people with a grasp on how power works know that the "epics" given for less challenges, aren't close to equal just because they have purple text.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-10 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Now that might just take the cake as one of the most arrogant attitudes of today.

Different taste from your own, doesn't equal "no taste". I have more than half a brain, a passion for warlike fantasy games and I truly enjoyed MoP since it was pretty damned amazing in terms of content offered and the quality of said content. I'm sorry that you couldn't handle "pandas" in a fantasy game already housing gnomes and talking cows and wolfmen, but to each his own.
    I agree with you here, btw did you get the player count in Warspear yet?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    So raiding, or come Legion, Keystone dungeons...? The same people clamoring for "challenge" are also often including the "the community is dead!!" aspect, so why not pursue what they seek in content that already requires them to cooperate...?
    You can't skip leveling regardless of what you do at endgame. The dungeons might be good, got to wait and see. Regarding community size: It's of course a problem the higher the players are as the ammount of peers grows thinner with higher rating. You can't find for example high-rated rbg anywhere close as easy compared to cataclysm where it was at it's height. So i guess it's expected that some will complain about "dead game".

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    So FFXIV-style? Because if you have basic spatial and situational awareness, like, monkey and typewriter-basic, leveling isn't very hard. All you need to do is avoid the telegraphed skills and the telegraphs in FFXIV are much more user-friendly than WoW's awful telegraphs. In Vanilla, it was more about spatial awareness to avoid pulling adds and numerical damage being harder on your health bar pound for pound than it was with the player buffs in WotLK and across-the-board mob nerfs in Cata.
    I think evading circles is too easy as you say. What i had in mind is something like those panda elites in mop. Different casts with one you need to kick, different attacks for range and meele and you need to react, essentially like a small bossfight. I think keeping the stupid mobs while adding some of that kind and giving more quest progress for those would be ideal.

Deleted
    Tell me, please, anyone..

Why does questing have to be a competetive gameplay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

Not competitive but more than just a 3 days and you are done shtick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Not competitive but more than just a 3 days and you are done shtick
    But.. why?

What do you achieve by the fact it would take longer?

What do you actually prove?

Deleted

Challenging and competitive are 2 things... also why not? They could add rankings for those who care since people make it a competition each addon anyway.

Deleted
    Sorry, but i wont call a guy who posts on twitter that he "wants to make azeroth great again" (as if he could, and as if he even had something like brain to be able to) and who talks about "big dicks" smart and helpful for the community.

He is toxic, elitist, and obviously a racist as like Trump. He hates the stereotypical "casual gamer" and wants to remove anything thats accessible.

That guy is a pain in the ass, nothing the community should identify with.
    This agreed 10x

Different taste from your own, doesn't equal "no taste". I am WoW fan (more than you I'd dare say considering you've given up on it) have more than half a brain, a passion for warlike fantasy games and I truly enjoyed MoP since it was pretty damned amazing in terms of content offered and the quality of said content. I'm sorry that you couldn't handle "pandas" in a fantasy game already housing gnomes and talking cows and wolfmen, but to each his own.

And the term "welfare epics" has always been equal to sucking on the doucheflute. Just sayin'. The best epics are and always will be locked behind the highest tier content, and people with a grasp on how power works know that the "epics" given for less challenges, aren't close to equal just because they have purple text.
    Agreed,people STILL complain about pandas and hate MoP because of them apparently,I guess Pandaren are too much when you have Russian/German sounding Alien Space-goat-squid mix that keeps crashing their UFO's or gnomes/minotaurs/werewolves. I liked MoP for (besides the really good content with decent pacing of it,up untill SoO) its story,it was the first time blizz went with a more subtle story with deeper meaning,then just went back to "BAD ORC,ME SMASH" in 5.4 and WoD,quite sad
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Actually Preach has stated over and over he doesn't think LFR should go away.
    People just assume mythic raiders hate LFR.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Its fun? its also fun to watch for some,and,why not?
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    People just assume mythic raiders hate LFR.
    And that we're all narcisistic,toxic,elitist nolifers that want to destroy all "casual" things ever

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but i wont call a guy who posts on twitter that he "wants to make azeroth great again" (as if he could, and as if he even had something like brain to be able to) and who talks about "big dicks" smart and helpful for the community.

He is toxic, elitist, and obviously a racist as like Trump.
    Asmongold is just a troll.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    He DID? OMG THE SKY IS GONNA FALL ON OUR HEADS!!!! WHAT A HUGE LOSS FOR THE COMMUNITY!!

/care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Challenging and competitive are 2 things... also why not? They could add rankings for those who care since people make it a competition each addon anyway.
    A leveling competition.. really? We still talk about a MMORPG, which is made out of massive multplayer gameplay and role playing game gameplay, right?

Leveling should be about telling the story. About progressing your character. Thats what traditionally leveling in RPGs is about. It never actually was about questing leader boards and beating the timer, but more about immersing into the game and have fun while learning your class and character.

Not everything, not even in a blizzard game, has to be about eSport and competition. In special not a RPG, where it should be about class diversity and immersion, about the narrative.

Do we actually need competetive gameplay in questing? Do we need mob tagging instead of mob sharing? Do we need a leveling thats as hard as possible just to let some people feel special because they managed to get to endlevel?

Is it about more than the wish to feel special?

Deleted
    Told someone this earlier, seasoned WoW players are dying left and right to this optional approach to leveling. Hell, I failed to it 2 times because I got cocky...currently doing a fury warrior IM. The one thing I really miss is being able to go quest where quests are red colored, like before the 1-60 revamp...would make it even more interesting!

If one wants the danger of death whilst leveling, it's entirely possible to achieve. Just gotta get over this idea that it's "gimping yourself" (there is no competition ffs) and set out to have fun!

Not a fan of Asmongold however, or rather his fans mostly due to said fans linking his videos where he shares his opinions as if he's some sort of authority on the subject. He's also quite the turncoat, feeding off trends and drama and swaying as the general opinion does.

You mean like every "famous" streamer/youtuber? The main reason why such false information regarding the alpha is being spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Actually it's one of the best things ever added to the game that took the control of who sees what content out of the hands of elitists.
    What an absurd comment.

What a joy to be able to "see" dumbed down, undertuned, watered down content, without any coordination\organization\synergy\gear requirement\communication and where your presence is irrelevant to the outcome, just for the sake of "seeing" it. If you want to see it, just youtube actual kills. Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Asmongold is just a troll.
    While he doesnt think he is a troll. I am sure all of his statements actually are his opinion.