Thread: [TV] The Flash!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if the recent time travel incident has anything to do with Zoom. Just a theory.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm wondering if the recent time travel incident has anything to do with Zoom. Just a theory.
    Besides Barry deciding to time travel because he wanted to be faster so he could fight Zoom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Besides Barry deciding to time travel because he wanted to be faster so he could fight Zoom?
    I was wondering if Zoom might of done something similar which started his downfall is all. I dunno, just something I thought of. The answer of how Zoom became Zoom is probably not near as complicated.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

why did they have another break? do they not like people watching their show?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    why did they have another break? do they not like people watching their show?
    Data collected during the November, February and May sweeps periods provides a basis for program scheduling and advertising decisions for local television stations, cable systems, and advertisers. So traditionally, shows want their best stuff on during sweeps, so they'll get more viewers, and hence more advertising dollars.

The February sweep period for 2016 is February 4–March 2, 2016, and the May sweep period is April 28–May 25. The Flash returned from its mid-season hiatus on 1/19/16; if it had run continuously every week since then, then the season finale would be on April 19th, so they'd miss May sweeps entirely. Instead, they ran nonstop from 2/2 to to 2/23 with Fast Lane, Welcome to Earth-2, Escape from Earth-2, and King Shark, all big-ticket episodes for February sweeps. Then we went on break for 3 weeks as sweeps ended, and we were given two episodes (Trajectory and Flash Back) to fill the gap before another break. The season resumes on 4/19, and then we get non-stop episodes all the way through 5/24, which puts the last four episodes of the season smack-dab into May sweeps to guarantee maximum viewership.

Plus they adjust the schedule for cross-overs to some extent, and possibly technical constraints. All to make 23 episodes last for 36 weeks.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-04-06 at 09:58 PM.

Well that explains it! ty for the detailed info.

Deleted
    Week of 4/4: Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 11/4: Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 18/4: Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 25/4: Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 2/5: Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 9/5: Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 16/5: Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow
    Week of 23/5: Flash, Arrow
    And then summer break.
    fixed that list to make it look BETTER and easier to read (ps you forgot supergirl )....

but your explanation WHY they take breaks I didnt get at all ;( What are "sweeps"?
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-07 at 03:05 AM. Reason: supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed that list to make it look BETTER and easier to read (ps you forgot supergirl )....
    I deliberately left out Supergirl, as it's not quite part of the Arrowverse proper, and also I figured most people wouldn't care. Plus there's only two episodes left of its 20-episode season (4/11 and 4/18), so there wasn't really much left out.
    but your explanation WHY they take breaks I didnt get at all ;( What are "sweeps"?
    Data collected during the November, February and May sweeps periods provides a basis for program scheduling and advertising decisions for local television stations, cable systems, and advertisers. So traditionally, shows want their best stuff on during sweeps, so they'll get more viewers, and hence more advertising dollars.
    Not sure how else to explain it. For more info, go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings#Sweeps
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-04-07 at 03:44 AM.

Sweeps are predetermined times of the year that networks closely watch the ratings of their programs so that they can determine the advertisement rate they charge. Historically I believe they revolve around pre-holiday, mid-season, and season end.

What if we could get Cisco to dress like this next year?

Tldr: a bunch of dudes in suits try to figure out when more people watch tv

then they schedule everything around that and the people making it have little control over when/how that happens and in some cases dont even know themselves.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It's like mid-term tests in school. It doesn't matter how well you've been doing, now it's time to take a test to see how much $ your show is worth. You want your best episodes during that time, even if you have to fuck up other schedules to do it.

It's mostly a relic of a time when TV didn't really HAVE so much information close at hand, but the system is built around it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sucks that she dies on Arrow.
    Damnit, I thought that in this thread this would be a Flash spoiler, and since I'm fully caught up on Flash, I clicked on it. Nope, it was an Arrow spoiler. Yay.

It was a spoiler related to the person being discussed. If you didn't want spoilers regarding her you shouldn't have clicked on it. Not like the contextual clues were obfuscated. Next time actually think about what is being responded to. Which was an upcoming episode. So even if you WERE all cauht up knowing her name is on that graveatone isn't something you could have possibly known. Again, context buddy. The only person you can be upset with is your own silly self.

Again, how would being caught up on anything matter to a spoiler regarding unreleased episodes period?
    the context was she's going to be on the flash, this is a flash thread. How was he supposed to know it was an Arrow spoiler?

It was a spoiler related to the person being discussed. If you didn't want spoilers regarding her you shouldn't have clicked on it. Not like the contextual clues were obfuscated. Next time actually think about what is being responded to. Which was an upcoming episode. So even if you WERE all cauht up knowing her name is on that graveatone isn't something you could have possibly known. Again, context buddy. The only person you can be upset with is your own silly self.

Again, how would being caught up on anything matter to a spoiler regarding unreleased episodes period?
    That would be assuming I knew there was something spoiler-related regarding her character that needed to be avoided, which I didn't, or that we were discussing her character in the first place, which we weren't - the comment you replied to was about her actress playing a totally different character in a totally different show. That'd be like us having a discussion about Henry Cavill's upcoming role in the movie Sand Castle, and you replying sucks that he dies in Batman vs Superman.

But anyway, I accept your apology.

i just dont go into either thread until im caught up on all shows
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

She's a main character in the universe. Of course there are going to be spoiler-related material regarding her character. He didn't die in the movie, or did you miss that scene?

- - - Updated - - -

It's all the same universe...
    They are different shows. They very rarely reference each other unless there is a crossover episode. Your spoiler hasn't been mentioned on the flash. So again, how was he supposed to know? "It's the same universe" isn't an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i just dont go into either thread until im caught up on all shows
    wait don't you think spoilers somehow enhance the viewing experience. By knowing what comes up you cant be disappointed. Something I completely disagree with but yeah I remembered it because I found the logic so weird.

A logic I can see your point however on the recent walking dead finale. If I had known it was a cliff hanger I wouldn't have been annoyed.

But I would never give up my first viewing experience on shows like game of thrones or big movies.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-04-10 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wait don't you think spoilers somehow enhance the viewing experience. By knowing what comes up you cant be disappointed. Something I completely disagree with but yeah I remembered it because I found the logic so weird.

A logic I can see your point however on the recent walking dead finale. If I had known it was a cliff hanger I wouldn't have been annoyed.

But I would never give up my first viewing experience on shows like game of thrones or big movies.
    reading peoples discussions about shows that have already come out isnt exactly the same as spoilers before something comes out.

Personally i like spoilers, knowing whats going to happen allows you to notice/enjoy the subtext of the what your watching more.