Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tinker feels an awful lot like hunter, minus organic pets...Guns? Bows? X-bows? Explosive shots? Ammo?
    If there was to be a tinker, I feel it should have new weapon types alongside guns. Bows and X-bows? Not so much. Turrets and flamethrowers and stuff = what I see in tinkers. And even then, many aspects are already in the engineering profession.

But alas, I'd prefer it if they actually came up with something new...
    I think a ranged weapon spec that feels like the Trooper from SWTOR or Roland or Axton from Borderlands 1/2 would be a great addition to WoW, and wouldn't really feel all like MM Hunters. If Fire Mages and Destro Warlocks can different enough, then so can that.

A grenadier type class would definitely be unique, and a tank spec in which you are literally in a tank is without equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, if we are going to stay on subject, we are proberly gonna see some light wielder Dont know how it will connect to a class, but i don't think tinker will be next.

Bard would definitely be the perfect thing to add into this game. My idea for the three specs:

Performance - You use the power of ancient spellsongs to deal direct damage to foes. No DOTs, much like an Arcane Mage.
    Inspiration - You use your knowledge of ancient songs to inspire and heal your allies. Healing spec.
    Shadow - You weave dark words into powerful magic. DOT based ranged DPS.

My idea for a Bard would use Combo Points like a Rogue or Feral druid for all specs. Healing with combo points would be a ton of fun so long as the class was based around it, and it wasn't tacked on as a secondary mechanic like Chi or Holy Power.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    Remove all classes, add vanilla servers?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There is no way adding a new Armor/Type combination (like Strength Mail) would be feasible. You would have to go back and add thousands of Strength Mail armor and weapons to the old world just to make leveling work. Not to mention, they would become massive outliers (like, 1% of the playerbase) in terms of armor usage, like how Holy Paladins currently are.
    You wouldn't have to add old world items. A strength based hero class could be added at a high enough starting level that any gear they would equip would already share primary stats.
    I'm not saying it's a perfect idea. To be honest, I don't think we needed Demon Hunters. Blizzard has already shown time and time again that they are incapable of balancing existing classes, so the last thing we need is more classes to add to the difficulty.
    That being said, if demand for more is what the player base at large wants, why should we add specs that are a re-hash of already existing specs. Your idea for assault tinker is a hunter. A ranged bow/x-bow/gun wielding agility based mail wearer that deals damage by firing projectiles. That's a hunter. It especially falls flat considering they're adding gnome hunters in legion who will have mechanical pets. By your own admission the mechatronics tank spec would basically be a guardian druid, which functionally already shares quite a bit with prot warriors. I also fail to see how a ranged, intellect based class that throws explosives would add much either. With fire mages, destro locks, and survival hunters, I don't see how a spec that throws grenades with various effects wouldn't ultimately feel too much like one of those three.
    Why not go with something we haven't seen before? A strength mail class, while I admittedly have no good ideas that wouldn't be a warrior re-hash, is at least a combination of primary stat/armor that we haven't seen before. Would they ultimately end up being niche like Holy Paladins are? Probably. But if we absolutely must add more classes to the game, shouldn't we try to add something we haven't seen before? The last thing this game needs is more ranged dps specs to water down already existing ranged dps specs.

I would like to see a bard. My bard would have 2 speccs you can use 2 ways. So it would be like having 4 speccs. Both speccs can be played as healer and damage dealer. The first would have dots/hots and debuffs or major defensive buffs. The second would have direct damage/healing and minor attack buffs.
    Last edited by Smeller; 2016-04-10 at 11:41 PM.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Tinker or Bard would be my picks. Tinker seems more likely.

Necromancer. If they can butcher Warlocks to make Demon Hunters then they can do the same to Death Knights to give us Necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a tinker could be interesting, but I have a hard time to wrap my mind around an expansion that would include such a class. When monks were included, it made sense because we went on Pandaria - and even then, it created its lot of discontent. So a Tinker class makes me worry that we would have an expansion toward gnomes and goblins, which I think would be worse than Pandaria was.

I think a class that can wield the energy of the void would fit better, considering we've yet to fight against the void lords - which are supposedly stronger than even Sargeras himself.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The more I think about Tinkers, the more I see the potential. Bard I don't know, how would spells and abilities even sound and look for such a class?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    would be worse than Pandaria was.
    That could still equal a pretty damned good expansion though, considering MoP...;d

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'd totally play Bard but I'm not sure it should be a purely ranged class.
    Now that they homogenized buffs I can't really see how a bard will fit in without providing something completely unique making them required. But I've love to play one as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I'd like another class that utilizes ranged weapons. It's weird that such a large array of weapons can only be used by one class currently. Something like a witcher, thematically similar to Godfrey (SFK last boss), Van Helsing and to an extent, Geralt. They're people dedicated to hunting monster, and have a lot of utility items like bombs, holy water, a gun (or any ranged weapon) mixed with a few light spells and usually have pretty decent knowledge of what they're fighting, making a expose weakness mechanic of some sort possible. There's also potential for a melee spec

I'm grasping at straws here though, it's hard to think of class mechanics that don't already exist in the game. Also they'd need to make a whole lotta cool hats

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd so love to play a bard. <3
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It is actually a good point. The only DPS specs that have ever been added have been Melee. I never realized that until right now, not sure how I missed it.
    That's actually a pretty big concern if you ask me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Now that they homogenized buffs I can't really see how a bard will fit in without providing something completely unique making them required. But I've love to play one as well.
    There's a few ways they could go with it, like:
    DPS spec: Metal
    Give them a guitar and let them fight Devil May Cry 3 style.
    If you haven't played that game, it's a mixture of slashing, and rocking everyone around you with a good solo, electrifying everything

Healing spec: Melody
    relax to the soothing sounds of a harp/flute

Tanking: Singer
    Sing everyone's favorite song out of tune, angering everyone to attack you

Blizz can probably figure out a few mechanics to make those specs feel unique

When has there ever been a bard in wow?

What about a Necromancer with a DPS and a healing spec? We could somehow us the undead minions to heal players or some kind self infliction that allows others to be healed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ranged pet class.

Tinker is fine by me. Maybe take a look at dungeon/raid enemies, steal a "class" from there.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Gazlowe in Heroes of the Storm would make a cool example

Quote Originally Posted by Joti View Post
    You wouldn't have to add old world items. A strength based hero class could be added at a high enough starting level that any gear they would equip would already share primary stats.
    I'm not saying it's a perfect idea. To be honest, I don't think we needed Demon Hunters. Blizzard has already shown time and time again that they are incapable of balancing existing classes, so the last thing we need is more classes to add to the difficulty.
    That being said, if demand for more is what the player base at large wants, why should we add specs that are a re-hash of already existing specs. Your idea for assault tinker is a hunter. A ranged bow/x-bow/gun wielding agility based mail wearer that deals damage by firing projectiles. That's a hunter. It especially falls flat considering they're adding gnome hunters in legion who will have mechanical pets. By your own admission the mechatronics tank spec would basically be a guardian druid, which functionally already shares quite a bit with prot warriors. I also fail to see how a ranged, intellect based class that throws explosives would add much either. With fire mages, destro locks, and survival hunters, I don't see how a spec that throws grenades with various effects wouldn't ultimately feel too much like one of those three.
    Why not go with something we haven't seen before? A strength mail class, while I admittedly have no good ideas that wouldn't be a warrior re-hash, is at least a combination of primary stat/armor that we haven't seen before. Would they ultimately end up being niche like Holy Paladins are? Probably. But if we absolutely must add more classes to the game, shouldn't we try to add something we haven't seen before? The last thing this game needs is more ranged dps specs to water down already existing ranged dps specs.
    I just think there is an inherent problem with introducing an all new armor type (Strength Mail) this late into the game's lifespan. In Legion, Blizzard is making Paladins and Warriors wear Plate from Level 1, skipping mail completely, and they retroactively removed every single piece of low level Mail Strength piece to prepare for this. (Gravenscale stuff is all placeholder Stats).

I just don't see Blizzard going back to making Strength Mail a thing again after that. I'm not saying they can't, it's just extremely improbable. Not to mention, adding another loot type that 1 spec will use won't do raid itemization any favors.

Also, I disagree that Tinker would be a rehash of existing classes. It's the only classic RPG class archetype that hasn't been applied to WoW yet (next to Bards). 'has projectile attacks' doesn't make it too similar to Marksman Hunters, and even if it is mechanically similar, thematically it couldn't be any more different.

If Ret Paladins are just Arms Warriors + Holy Magic, or Destro Locks are Fire Mages + Fel Magic, and Mistweavers are Resto Shaman + Chi Magic, then I don't see how a Gun-based Tinker couldn't be a Marksman Hunter + Technology.

Also, there's nothing in the game like a grenade tossing demolitions expert style spec. Not even close. And when I meant 'Tank' Tinkers (piloting a Mech) would be mechanically similar to Guardian Druids, I didn't mean in abilities rather, that a Tinker Tank would be in a Shredder 'form', like how Guardian Druids can't tank without being in Bear Form. Thematically they are literally opposites.

Not to mention, a spec in which you operate a Mech would be hands-down the coolest thing in the goddamn world.

Just based on the statistics, and without adding an entire new category of armor types:

it just seems much more likely that Blizzard would add either a Int/Agi Mail user (like a Tinker) or Int Leather user (like a Bard) than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Class-Internet troll

He slings insults from afar, but is terrible in close range.

resources- Feel meter, which measures how many jimmies are rustled. When full, the internet troll will unleash a torrent of insults.

On a serious note, I have no idea. Tinker sounds interesting if done right. Bard just seems off for wow.
    I think the biggest reason why people want Bard is because of the 2008 April Fools joke.

But a legit Bard class would be awesome.

Heavy Metal ranged DPS
    Harmonic healing
    Rock and Roll melee DPS (just whacking people with a guitar)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'd totally play Bard but I'm not sure it should be a purely ranged class.
    Why should the new class be 'purely ranged'? I think Blizzard made very clear with their actions that there really are no rules for class development. A Bard can easily have three specs. Hell, it can easily have four specs like the druid: melee (as bards are known for being good fencers), ranged (they also know how to work the bow and crossbows), spellcasters (their songs can deal damage) and healers (their songs also heal). Of course, I'm basing this from the old DnD Bard, but Bards are usually known as 'jack-of-all-trades', meaning they can basically to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    When has there ever been a bard in wow?
    Hearthsinger Forresten and Russell Brower immediately come to mind.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-04-11 at 03:22 AM.