Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    Internet celebrity shares opinion with many other people.
    oh.my.god WHAT NEWS
    JonTron doesn't like, ever do these videos, and if he ever addresses something it's either through twitter or someone else's channel, so it is kinda a big deal at least to people who care about his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    OH that video...man that video that was made to just get views.......
    Err, he hardly needs views at all, he gets enough on his actual videos.

Watching now though, coming back later probably for my opinion.

I like Jontron, but that video was pretty disappointing to me.. Yea, you played there, that's great.. It. Was. Illegal. No other reasoning matters, Blizz has every right to tell people they can't use their assets. You don't like the current game? That's fine, find another MMO, because all MMOs evolve. They're not going to stay the same. If they do, they die. And no, a few thousand people playing a FREE version of vanilla doesn't count as not being dead.

Deleted
    Preacher had some really good arguments and a good spin too the whole '' you think you want it, but you dont'' tagline people have been using, it was a shame i was during his webshow and he hasnt released it on youtube yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    He was expressing his disdain for blizzards ignorance, the problem isn't that they shut it down, the problem is that they don't understand that this is what many people want.
    Many people being less than 1% of WoW's population, because lets see how many of those players stick around when they have to pay $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Time to drag out this thread for another 500 pages, and I know just the video to do that
    You have a youtube idol? That's cool, not everyone is impressed by such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I like Jontron, but that video was pretty disappointing to me.. Yea, you played there, that's great.. It. Was. Illegal. No other reasoning matters, Blizz has every right to tell people they can't use their assets. You don't like the current game? That's fine, find another MMO, because all MMOs evolve. They're not going to stay the same. If they do, they die. And no, a few thousand people playing a FREE version of vanilla doesn't count as not being dead.
    I don't know if you watched the whole video but he repeatedly said he knows it was illegal and they were within their rights. He also addressed the "find another MMO" thing in the video, too. Did you watch the whole thing?

I miss the World of Warcraft.

How many more times are we going to see this posted and how many more times do people have to point why it's so fallacious.

I don't even feel like writing all the points out again. Go back probably 10 pages and you'll see somebody having done it and somebody responding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    It. Was. Illegal.
    So there must be people getting jail time or atleast fined.... Oh wait...

If it was that simple there wouldn't be 550 pages of discussion about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I don't know if you watched the whole video but he repeatedly said he knows it was illegal and they were within their rights. He also addressed the "find another MMO" thing in the video, too. Did you watch the whole thing?
    I did, and my commentary was to the player base here, not to Jontron himself. I should of clarified that my disappointment came from the ancient argument of 'But it's not like it used to be!' I've been playing this game since Beta 3 of Vanilla, and there's no way in hell I'd be paying $15 a month for what I had back then, now. WoD was a disappointment in terms of content, but the CORE game is fine. The hardest fight we had back in vanilla was 'Try not to DC and spam 2 keys, hope you don't die', I like the complexity of the fights now adays, it keeps me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Now why would people be in Ironforge in retail WoW? This is such a dumb image
    You lost him.

Lol at the people who claim they don't want ability pruning or rehashed content, yet demand legacy servers.

The irony is real.

Legit the only time I can think of people wanting to be in Ironforge in retail wow is at Christmas time. When every city has an AH and you have group finder tools you don't need to sit in one city spamming LFG or LFM all day.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

shoulda saw the video comparing that org to live org, despite y'know..no-one going to org sans the occasional new player, or RP server people.

I already miss my server.

We will never be slaves, Blizzard!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time to drag out this thread for another 500 pages, and I know just the video to do that

I really have to say, that i have little love for the entire Nost thing. I don't care much about much about Vanilla servers, and i would rather have Blizzard use time on making new stuff.... BUT, there was something here, that actually changed my mind a little, and that was what Jon said about Ocarina of Time.

When you played something in the past, which you love, you could always play it again, by just putting the disc in again. But you can't do that with old WoW. Yet somebody made that possible. They made something, which was deleted, work again. To be honest, i take some of what i have said back, and say, that blizzard should just have helped these people make the servers work better and let it work together with the game instead.

Lol at the people who claim they don't want ability pruning or rehashed content, yet demand legacy servers.

The irony is real.
    I'll bet their the same people who -really- gripe about patch gaps,despite us all knowing that blizz will totally let it sit at the naxx patch and probably not add more stuff

My take on the journey to where WoW is now and how Blizzard lost touch with their player base is because of Wrath. Yes that's right Wrath was part of the cause. Now before you sharpen your torches and light your pitchforks, let me explain.

As we all know, Wrath was the time where WoW's subs peaked, reaching 12 million at one point. That's a staggering amount, and it happened very quickly. Parsing that big of a player base to determine how the game should be made is just impracticable if not impossible. Thus they had to start designing with a far broader stroke. To put it in an easy to understand way, they had 12 million mouths each with a different favorite food and only so much stove space. They just couldn't design a game with 12 million people in mind and it collapsed in on itself, leading Blizzard to have to take a step back and let the player base sort itself out and in the process made them less in touch with them.

He was expressing his disdain for blizzards ignorance, the problem isn't that they shut it down, the problem is that they don't understand that this is what many people want.
    Blizzard knows what people want and how many people want it. But the greater point is that Blizzard also knows how much profit it would net them to give people what they want. It's apparently not enough for them to change their minds and start implementing Vanilla WoW realms. Simple as that.

And to be honest, I think they're pretty gun-shy about listening to the players too much, as opposed to implementing what they themselves had planned for the game. Because a lot of the things that are reviled now for "dumbing the game down" were actively asked for or celebrated by players when they were implemented.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yes all of that was guaranteed at the time. Copyrights are not new in any sense, they've been there for longer than these issues. You're making up a problem that doesn't exist, to justify stealing.
    OMG that is so absolutely not true and yet you say it with absolute conviction. Donald, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    I already miss my server.

We will never be slaves, Blizzard!
    You were playing a free illegal game.

i need me a picard facepalm
    make that double