Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Vanilla definitely had that adventure aspect tied to it... Which current WoW simply does not have... I think the current live game is too diluted with convenience, you can pretty much queue for all aspects of the game and be teleported to it.

The sense of adventure needs to come back, plain and simple. I think this is one of the biggest reasons why so many people played Nost, the journey felt just as important as the destination in those days. Mechanically, Vanilla is very outdated, but it definitely felt more like an Open-world RPG simulator rather then just a MMORPG.
    So your idea of adventure is bleating in Org trade chat trying to form a group and then taking a long time to fly to X dungeon. I think the loss of 'adventure' or community was lost when cross-realm dungeon queues became a thing. Known douchebags on your server were easy to avoid when you had to manually find groups but it was just potluck with the dungeon queue. But would I want to go back to Vanilla style dungeoning? Not likely, I'd rather do more dungeons with the ease of teleporting to the dungeon and getting into the action instead of waiting around to filter through groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Yet Nostalrius had plans to add BC and WotLK.
    Which is why they asked for donations and it all came tumbling down pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    How can you say it's the same game? Since you like facts that much, I could show you what cata did and show that it's not the same with the revamp. New skills means it's not the same. This is such a poor argument because it is factually incorrect. If you really want to go down this line you should discuss whether or not the changes have been good or bad.
    Is the game I'm playing somehow not World of Warcraft?

I still have characters created in vanilla on my account. If they were separate games, these characters wouldn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Nostalrius logic lol
    This server had functional stealth and charge... not representative of vanilla experience at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I agree it's illegal. I find utterly retarded how such a tiny amount of money is shown as if it were a ring of Mafiosi bankrupting a nation.

Comparison is completely stupid and dishonest, because you're talking about CURRENT Taco Bell recipes going directly in competition with Taco Bell, while the ENTIRE PRINCIPLE of these pservers is about VANILLA servers that AREN'T offered by Blizzard.

It's not like this hasn't been the central point of the thread. That you would ignore it purposedly to build some convenient strawman is enough to show the utter lack of good faith put in this debate.
    I'm trying to prove a point because it's the *same* damn thing. They stole the source code for WoW back in 2003. That code made it all around the internet and to this day is the base for all server emulation code. Without that stolen code, private servers don't exist. That code is Blizzard's. The intellectual property is Blizzard's. No one has a license to privately use it.

Btw, there was a judgement about 8 years ago against a women in California. She owes Blizzard 88 million dollars for making a profit. Be thankful Nostra didn't get sued in court. They only received a shutdown notice which they complied with.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    How much code needs to be redone?
    To be a product of Blizzards qualitity? alot for coding alone as theres no 64bit client, intigration into battle.net....which itself had to change (again) to show the differnece versions of wow....
    If you look at all this its quit clear that the costs are simply not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The devs have said, they discussed it internally, and even said there was support for it internally, but it was too expensive and time consuming to be worth it. That's the best answer anyone can give.
    Sorry but since when is ONE dude in a call center (aka GM) a Dev?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Which is why they asked for donations and it all came tumbling down pretty quickly.
    Hasn't this been debunked over and over again? Why do extremists on both sides continue to push bullshit?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    2 weeks ago if you mentioned this server by name your thread would have been closed, and/or received an infraction. Now we are allowing a thread dedicated to it go 600 pages? On top of that we are allowing the advertising of a third party petition?

What is going on?
    There's no harm in letting the thread live. Before it would be advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    Vanilla is bigger than any of the areas that expansion brought
    Now with this fact I can very easily say vanilla > every expansion except Cataclysm.
    In areas of the size of the world, you'd be correct.
    Are you just mad because the expansions are smaller? if you want a larger world, EVE exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You don't see the irony in that?

People who played on it hate everything the live game has become, Nostralrius didn't plan on keeping it vanilla, they simply rewound the clock.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-11 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Certainly less than what they use for making a current expansion.
    why dont you share more of your inside blizzard knowledge? oh, you DONT work for blizzard at all? okay.....

It pisses me off when I see people playing Super Mario 64. That game is so old. Stop living in the past. Play the newest Mario game or GTFO. Newest Mario = best Mario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Bullshit; their in-game systems are outdated and as anti-innovation as possible in my oppinion. Their story has regressed massively and the lore is terribly formatted in my oppinion. The world environment is obsolete and unused in my oppinion.
    please dont write anymore I have to fix for you

Do people actually believe that, if Blizz offered Vanilla/TBC/etc servers, PSes would disappear? O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Laws vary from country to country.
    Copyrights is something overblown in US, parts of it are ignored in other countries.
    ToS are not binding in most countries, US is exception. Even then ToS doesn't override laws.

Its not as black and white as you think it is.
    In other words, should have been hosting on Russian or Chinese servers in the first place for the price of latency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    There's no harm in letting the thread live. Before it would be advertising.
    Except that just as the server and the people who ran it were breaking the rules.

This thread's existence goes against the very rules of this forum... change them or close the thread. Or do the rest of us get to pick and choose which rules we want to follow too?

Deleted
    So if an expansion takes away/edits existing features, it's no longer an expansion? Nostalrius logic lol
    That's not what he said. Is it a new game? No, it's based on what came before. Is it an addition? Strictly speaking it is not because it alters things from previous expansions (class reworks). So him saying neither isn't false.

That being said you're bound to rework things with expansions to fix your initial mistakes (specs that didn't work in vanilla for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Oddly enough, the "official" blue posts this morning are almost closed threads about private servers and how players want vanilla servers.
    You mean those threads that were maybe 2 pages long and had a couple hundred views? Totally wanted vanilla servers. Much hype.

Deleted
    Is the game I'm playing somehow not World of Warcraft?

I still have characters created in vanilla on my account. If they were separate games, these characters wouldn't exist.
    Like in pokemon where you can transfer to a newer generation? If they were separate games, the pokemon couldn't exist anymore.
    Or runescape 1-3 where you kept your character.

Is The Burning Crusade a new game or an addition to the Original game
    Is Wrath of the Lich King a new game or an addition to the previous expansions?
    Is Cataclysm a new game or an addition to the previous expansions?
    Is Mists of Pandaria a new game or an addition to the previous expansions?
    Is Warlords of Draenor a new game or an addition to the previous expansions?
    Not trying to harp on you or anything, as I'm not really interested either way in this whole situation, but it could be argued that different aspects of each expansion made changes to or outright removed some of the reasons that Vanilla is considered to many to be the superior game. Individually, each expansion is an addition to the previous, for sure. But due to different game systems coming and going, it's possible to argue that the latest iteration is a different game from the first. (Except in name of course. The name doesn't change.)