Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    When nothing serves as a threat, then it isn't really fun. The only hard part right now is not falling asleep in the 1 hour it takes to level from 1 to 15 so you can dungeon queue all the way to max level, because if you level normally, you outlevel entire zones when you're not even halfway.

Speaking of which, the last time i had REALLY fun in dungeons (Even low level ones) was in the WoD prepatch because shit was hitting hard, like REALLY hard. It made dungeons a task and you even had to *gasp* stun/CC in some of them to lessen the damage!
    Things weren't really threatening once you left westfall, tbh.
    Anyway for most classes (at least the ones I played, anyway) I basically autoattacked to max level. It's hella fun to be an enhancement shaman and auto attack till level 40. Pretty fun as a ret paladin to just buff SoC and go masturbate or something. Best of all, the hunter. Ctrl+1, 1, tab out. You were at risk for dying if you were retarded or unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Games don't have to be "hard" to be fun.

CC is tedious, not fun.

See above.
    That's subjective. Properly synchronizing control as a group is fun for me, it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Anything for that fix amirite?

I mean really this is the justification of drug users/abusers.

(1) Well you just go home and get high on booze and/or anti-depressants
    (2) If you would just legalize it and tax it I would pay more for it
    (3) Since you aren't providing it I have to find someone who will
    (1) How do I get high on booze
    (2) worked with selling gold
    (3)if they arent providing it why not let the fans have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Atleast I would have some leg to complain on, for a product I paid for.
    People paid for Vanilla and can't play it anymore.

Deleted

CC is tedious, not fun.

See above.
    Then why does nearly every raid boss revolve around CC'ing? Players wanna feel good when they do a good job, not having mobs die after pressing "1" one time.

CC is tedious, not fun.
    I get the feeling that people who think CC is fun are either so used to it from raiding or CMs that not doing it seems weird, or else they haven't played the game with CC long enough to hate it.

CC is an interesting way to solve an occasional puzzle. CC as a requirement for everyday "life" in the World, of Warcraft, is just no fun. Plus, it's less fun for specs that have no CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Jesus christ. I'm taking propain and a couple other with me and am gonna discuss old dungeons and razors and such.
    Yeah, makin our own thread with blackjack and hookers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    It is a pretty big deal to this debate/thread/w/e, so I'd be interested in reading the context if you can find it.
    When asked about the Vivendi Games franchises that were tossed aside when Activision consumed the company (e.g. 50 Cent, Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend) during yesterday's conference call (transcript via Seeking Alpha), the Big Kahuna said, "With respect to the franchises that don't have the potential to be exploited every year across every platform with clear sequel potential that can meet our objectives of over time becoming $100 million plus franchises, that's a strategy that has worked very well for us."
    I would argue a classic server has sequel potential with all kinds of promo gimmicks into a tbc server, but I didn't recall that language in my organic memory. Also I took 100m to be explicit an annual run-rate, which it may be, but that isn't 100% clear. Given the backdrop though I suspect it is either 100m annual revenue or profit. You can get 100m revenue as a one-time even on even a mediocre title from a big publisher but sustained revenue run-rate around there isn't as easy.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/06/a...-lacked-poten/

Kotick is interesting. He is hell on games from a gamer's view, but overall has been really good at what he does. I find interviews with him quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    No worries, i was looking around. Nothing so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Couldn't find anything myself.
    please see above.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-04-11 at 10:27 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    They said that their world evolves and they don't want to go back in time.
    I'm sure your grandmother/father enjoyed slavery, too. But, alas, times change.
    so vanilla wow is akin to slavery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    That's subjective. Properly synchronizing control as a group is fun for me, it's not for you.
    Thats why i like cm´s, sure timned things are not what a lot of people like but communicating in a voice programm and coordinating all AoE cc´s the grp has so that the tank dont gets oneshot surley was a hell of a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    People paid for Vanilla and can't play it anymore.
    I bought a loaf of bread and after I finished it, I couldn't eat it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    (1) How do I get high on booze
    (2) worked with selling gold
    (3)if they arent providing it why not let the fans have it?
    Redistributing illegal software is a crime.

Ethically an argument can be made for running old software. Legally the case is closed.

So, let this be a lesson to everyone.

Anyway for most classes (at least the ones I played, anyway) I basically autoattacked to max level. It's hella fun to be an enhancement shaman and auto attack till level 40. Pretty fun as a ret paladin to just buff SoC and go masturbate or something. Best of all, the hunter. Ctrl+1, 1, tab out. You were at risk for dying if you were retarded or unlucky.
    Things weren't threatening once you left Westfall?

Un'Goro Crater would like a word with you.

(If you;'re talking the old game, that is)

List of Popular WoW/Gaming Youtuber's Opinions on Nost Shutdown:

WoWCrendor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5Da6Yyjyo

Boogie2988: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzgPSjSFGgU

Asmongold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m4JKTwWII

JonTron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzT8UzO1zGQ

Bellular Gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPGLI4YUc4

Az (HeelvsBabyface): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdnyL85-yUo

Nixxiom and MooClucking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTla93ATA-w

I figured you guys might want to hear what some community figures had to say about this.

The consensus seems to be the following: Blizzard was completely within their right, but that doesn't mean they should've shut it down.

Deleted
    If we're talking about vanilla then yeah, the Westfall mobs were fucking overtuned as shit, still remember the casters in moonbrook and harvesters because they outlevelled you early on, making them a nightmare to hit.

Good, if that's the case then those playing on Nostalrius were completely immoral. Blizzard by shutting it down was morally correct.
    Those playing on Nostalrius were moral. Blizzard by shutting it down was morally incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

CC is tedious, not fun.

See above.
    Just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Erm.. are you even reading our previous conversations? Even back then we were already discussing the morality of the situation and not the legality of it. Everyone knows it's illegal and a crime.
    Morality vs legality

Ya I was there.

But morality can have some gray areas. This isn't one of those areas. Morality isn't JUST personal. It's societal.

Cheating on your wife/gf/bf/husband is not illegal. Most people would say that's pretty immoral. Then there's a select few that would say monogamy is a crime.

Regardless of legality, regardless of intentions. This act of running Nostralius was immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I bought a loaf of bread and after I finished it, I couldn't eat it anymore.
    I purchased Warcraft 3 and I can still play it.

I still own the Vanilla discs and I can't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I have read the previous comments - again, moral arguments here are meaningless.
    You are free to leave then.

Because, apparently, the only side you are interested in discussing is not even up to debate. Illegal Private Servers are Illegal - and Blizzard was totally in their right to shut Nostralius down.
    Law is the law and no one can claim the above is anything other than reality.

Only thing up to debate is the morality of the situation.
    If this is something you don't want to discuss nor is something relevant to you... why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Morality vs legality

Ya I was there.

But morality can have some gray areas. This isn't one of those areas. Morality isn't JUST personal. It's societal.

Cheating on your wife/gf/bf/husband is not illegal. Most people would say that's pretty immoral. Then there's a select few that would say monogamy is a crime.

Regardless of legality, regardless of intentions. This act of running Nostralius was immoral.
    Can't tell if serious or just shitposting.
    Because if that was all simple facts, me, others, wouldn't have a different opinion as yours.

The sooner you realize other people think differently from you, the easier your life will get.

Ummm Redridge Mountains Orc Castle with the elites? Duskwood? Mor'Ladim? Stitches? Like Half of STV was threatening in one way or another, even disregarding the world PvP there.

Not sure you you played vanilla tbh...