10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People will see what they want to see.
    also vivendi has been functionally out for years. I don't think the bylaws were anything but a technicality from their still having a barely-13g stake.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sqviddy View Post
    People being online more often & for longer periods of time was the main thing I noticed during my stay.
    Which is ultimately not the fault nor the responsibility of Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Aaaand the wave crashes, and the thread goes back to shitpost central (both sides).

Break time.
    I think we've exhausted all possibilities by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Actually it isn't. Rewind back in our conversation & you're basically saying that WoW has veered way off course from Vanilla to the point that it is now a single player game. You mentioning how the vast majority of players mainly participate in things like questing or dungeons or randoms bgs does show taht WoW is mainly a single player game, that I will give to you, but all you've accomplished is also stringing Vanilla up as a single player game as well (Zing!). Most players also only did quests, dungeons, or random bgs, you guessed it just like what players do in WoD. You can make mention of elite areas of zones like Un'gorao or group quests all you want if you decide, but tons of Vanilla WoW players still did & could do most of their quests without help from anyone, did dungeons with only teh minimum amount of talking needed, and did bgs with very little constructive communication during hte game. WoD has not veered away from what teh game has mostly been anyway so just remember if WoD is a single player game so is Vanilla Bro.

My points about 2400 in pvp or mythic raiding were over the top to prove a point, but the fact still stands that you don't have to be a WoW god in order to participate in high end content that requires communication. You don't need to achieve 13/13 mythic to accomplish that. Do mythic council, gorefiend, or Iskar & call WoW a single player game. Get up to 2k in arena or rbg & call it a single player game. Oh wait..
    Here's what you're saying:

WoD:
    Queue up for Dungeon, LFR, PvP, Questing, Dailies
    Join RANDOM group of people from all over the world to do whatever.
    Do Activity without talking, probably takes 10-15 min tops and you log out for the day.

Vanilla:
    Find Dungeon group in Chat channel
    Travel to instance
    Coordinate during dungeon (CC/CD's/etc.)
    Dungeon takes 1-2hrs,
    Shoot the shit
    Maybe you make a friend.

PvP only takes place with people on your realm - you are bound to run into them again
    You can only raid with people on your realm - you HAVE to make friends
    People more than you think actually grouped to quest...especially what I saw on people's streams of nost.

You obviously never played back then because your lack of knowledge on the subject is telling. Which is fine - Cata/Pana/Wod Babies will never understand it and will continue to have everything and more handed to them on a silver platter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    What? You're saying leveling from 1-60, gearing your character up, rep farming, progressing through raids, pvping - none of those are character progression? Are you dense or do you not understand the way the Nostalrius server would have worked for me should I have played there. Just because there is an end to vanilla doesn't mean there isn't a journey.
    But you can do all of these things in WoD. What exactly does Vanilla have to offer otherwise? Nostalgia? You can't say 'Social aspects' because you've said yourself you're not social aspects (Not going back two pages to find the exact quote) and everything that everyone else has complained about is still in the game, if you have the wherewith all to actually look.

WoD:
    Do Activity without talking, probably takes 10-15 min tops and you log out for the day.

Vanilla:
    Travel to instance
    Dungeon takes 1-2hrs,
    Shoot the shit
    Maybe you make a friend.
    As someone who's been playing since the earliest iteration of WoW beta, this was another way that your little scenario went:

Travel to instance
    Someone breaks CC
    Someone loses their shit
    Someone (or multiple) leave group
    Someone travels back to city to find replacement
    --may or may not happen
    Group breaks up, costing you up to three hours of wasted time.
    Maybe you rage a bit and get pissed off enough to complain to blizzard about an easier way of finding groups for dungeons. (I wonder what happened?)
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2016-04-12 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    If that's the case, than Blizzard falsely charged my account 3x and owes me ~$45.

Seriously though, what an ignorant statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs
    Who's being rude now?

Obviously I would be referring to playing on Nost. You played on Nost... you didn't pay for it. Your opinion of it holds no more value than someone who didn't play on it or would have no desire to play on it.

Deleted
    It is not a flaw to be introverted - never assume as such. Also do not confuse introversion with being shy.
    whats next, playing the being gay/asian/my-brother-did-it/"bad childhood" card?
    I simply had to make friends to do more than quest and grind mats because I actually wanted to progress in the game. Remember that you were on one server, had no access to other servers and if you found someone who was a good tank you fucking became that persons friend.
    As I said thats Bullshit. with 40 man raids you didnt had to be anyones friend. Just be in a raiding guild.
    What? You're saying leveling from 1-60, gearing your character up, rep farming, progressing through raids, pvping - none of those are character progression? Are you dense or do you not understand the way the Nostalrius server would have worked for me should I have played there. Just because there is an end to vanilla doesn't mean there isn't a journey.
    You played WoW as it was 12 years ago - so yes its ridiculous to claim you progressed. And just because the journey change on retail the journey is still there no matter if YOU like it or not.
    Keep the simpleton POV's coming though. It's a wonder you even figured out how to register on these forums and found this topic.
    Simpleton? is that the best you got?

Oh, and would you please explain how YOU queue for a MYTHIC dungeon? OH you only played Vanilla - that explains a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-12 at 01:16 AM.

Here's what you're saying:

WoD:

Vanilla:
    Travel to instance
    Dungeon takes 1-2hrs,
    Shoot the shit
    Maybe you make a friend.

PvP only takes place with people on your realm - you are bound to run into them again
    You can only raid with people on your realm - you HAVE to make friends
    People more than you think actually grouped to quest...especially what I saw on people's streams of nost.

You obviously never played back then because your lack of knowledge on the subject is telling. Which is fine - Cata/Pana/Wod Babies will never understand it and will continue to have everything and more handed to them on a silver platter.
    You only had to do that to form and do the place. No one really gave a shit about each other.

Don't try to make it more than it was.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz doesn't read this stuff,,,,,,, but if they brought up some vanilla or BC servers I would immediately resub. I loved the game back then.
    Last edited by kunah; 2016-04-12 at 01:23 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Blizz doesn't read this stuff,,,,,,, but if they brought up some vanilla or BC servers I would immediately resub. I loved the game back then.
    They've been known to read and post on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh, and would you please explain how YOU queue for a MYTHIC dungeon? OH you only played Vanilla - that explains a lot.
    queue with overgeard character into a gruop with half ppl russians, get portet melt through the dungeon in 10min, just leave gruop and repeat until you have done 8

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You only had to do that to form and do the place. No one really gave a shit about each other.

Don't try to make it more than it was.
    too bad its to late for you to try nostalrius.
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-04-12 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    But you can do all of these things in WoD. What exactly does Vanilla have to offer otherwise? Nostalgia? You can't say 'Social aspects' because you've said yourself you're not social aspects (Not going back two pages to find the exact quote) and everything that everyone else has complained about is still in the game, if you have the wherewith all to actually look.
    Is this a rhetorical question or are you being dense? Are you really this unaware of the differences in how classic played compared to WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question or are you being dense? Are you really this unaware of the differences in how classic played compared to WoD?
    This is the problem with people who post and advocate for change. You can't or refuse to effectively communicate your experience.

Humor him/us. Because the question wasn't about how the game was played but about the "social aspects".

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you really that dense? If you want to communicate with people - do that! No one is fucking stopping you from doing that. Go talk to strangers in your random groups instead of votekicking them because their GS is not 3k+, add them as friends to your bnet account, play hots with them occasionally, talk with them you know. There is literally nothing that stops you from communicating with people, yet you complain that it somehow games fault
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    This is the problem with people who post and advocate for change. You can't or refuse to effectively communicate your experience.

Humor him/us. Because the question wasn't about how the game was played but about the "social aspects".
    If someone claims that the social aspects and features of the game are the same as they were back then, I'd say it's past the point of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you really that dense? If you want to communicate with people - do that! No one is fucking stopping you from doing that. Go talk to strangers in your random groups instead of votekicking them because their GS is not 3k+, add them as friends to your bnet account, play hots with them occasionally, talk with them you know. There is literally nothing that stops you from communicating with people, yet you complain that it somehow games fault
    Yeah, basically.

They don't want "socialization", they want "dependency".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Yeah, basically.

They don't want "socialization", they want "dependency".
    I wont argue that I believe that you shouldn't be able to progress without being social. I firmly believe that you should not be able to kill the last boss in the game without speaking to anybody from 1-100 even if it's a shitty joke version of it.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Compare to Hearthstone and HotS, it is a lot work to bring Vanilla server online.

Adding a skin and a card is far more easier than running a MMORPG server.

Blizzard is slowly moving to a high profit, but easy-to-do business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If someone claims that the social aspects and features of the game are the same as they were back then, I'd say it's past the point of argument.
    So for the sake of argument. Spell it out.

Your reluctance to is actually making the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

I don't understand peoples argument about vanilla being more social - it's people who are social, not a fucking game. When "social aspects" of the game are forced on you - it's nothing good. Be happy that you, as a player, can't socialize with others and you don't have to do that god damn it. If you enjoy socializing with others - well, you still do that, without an in-game reward tho, but you still can do that. Almost all my new and old friends are from various expansions of wow, and no one stops my expanding bnet friendlist with people all around the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.