10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If I remember correctly, Baron Rivendare willingly pledged his allegiance to Arthas and got turned into a Death Knight as a "reward" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If I remember correctly, Baron Rivendare willingly pledged his allegiance to Arthas and got turned into a Death Knight as a "reward" or something.
    Good man. It makes me wonder if there's any chance of a DK Civil War between those who have felt loyalty to the Lich King even after Light's Hope Chapel, and now do even moreso with Bolvar and just kept quiet on it this whole time and those who are completely EB loyalists. Even with using the DKs as cannon fodder at LHC I've personally always felt more towards the Lich King, Icecrown and the Scourge than I have the EB and can see the possibility of expanding that sentiment into the actual game and creating some seriously awesome scenarios and lore from it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Good man. It makes me wonder if there's any chance of a DK Civil War between those who have felt loyalty to the Lich King even after Light's Hope Chapel, and now do even moreso with Bolvar and just kept quiet on it this whole time and those who are completely EB loyalists. Even with using the DKs as cannon fodder at LHC I've personally always felt more towards the Lich King, Icecrown and the Scourge than I have the EB and can see the possibility of expanding that sentiment into the actual game and creating some seriously awesome scenarios and lore from it.
    I don't think there are any Death Knights still loyal to Arthas in the Ebon Blade, they would have left to join the Cult of the Damned (wherever they are) along Kel'thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't think there are any Death Knights still loyal to Arthas in the Ebon Blade, they would have left to join the Cult of the Damned (wherever they are) along Kel'thuzad.
    I wasn't referencing DKs who were loyal to Arthas I was referencing DKs who were loyal to the Lich King. You're right that any pro Arthas ones probably would have ditched but I was thinking of the Nazgrim types who are loyal to the title, the power no matter who is wielding it.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I wasn't referencing DKs who were loyal to Arthas I was referencing DKs who were loyal to the Lich King. You're right that any pro Arthas ones probably would have ditched but I was thinking of the Nazgrim types who are loyal to the title, the power no matter who is wielding it.
    I think from what we've seen so far, the only ones 'loyal' to the holder of the title of the Lich King are the mindless undead, and they are pretty much being babysat, not serving.

Maybe some of the Vrykul who worshipped the Lich King as a death god? But they won't know about his defeat and being replaced by Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    With the Baron, he was hardcore Lich King. He wouldnt work with us. Zeliek is probably chilling in the afterlife probably, no idea about the other two.
    Well, they are raising old enemies from the dead anyway. And Ebon Blade is in league with the Lich King now. In fact, instead of invading Light's Hope(or Undercity), the Ebon Blade could invade(or infiltrate) Stratholme for raising Rivendare. That way we could also see what Stratholme looks like after it was retaken by paladins.

As for Zeliek, he could also be in that endless void in Sylvanas' story(Shadowlands?).

Yeah, Kel'Thuzad was a bad influence on him. Choose your friends carefully, kids.
    Last edited by OIS; 2016-04-12 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the post-Battle for Light's Hope conflict between the LK's DKs and the Ebon Blade was cleared up in Icecrown: There's a quest chain where you work with Darion to sabotage and ultimately kill his "replacement" (name escapes me), who was the only named DK present at that Battle for Light's Hope who stayed loyal to the Lich King.

The Ebon Blade became the only DK Faction excluding those who joined the Alliance/Horde after Arthas was taken out. The Cult of the Damned became independent and doesn't recognize Bolvar as the new Lich King. The Ebon Blade's keeping Bolvar in check while at the same time giving him space to learn and master his control over the remains of the Scourge.

Bolvar can't exactly move (yet) so his control over the Scourge is limited to the ones on Northrend. His control is at it's strongest in ICC.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    There's a quest chain where you work with Darion to sabotage and ultimately kill his "replacement" (name escapes me), who was the only named DK present at that Battle for Light's Hope who stayed loyal to the Lich King.
    It's Orbaz Bloodbane. He was instructed by the Lich King to train a new generation of DKs to replace all the ones lost in the Light's Hope Chapel.

Bolvar can't exactly move (yet) so his control over the Scourge is limited to the ones on Northrend. His control is at it's strongest in ICC.
    I don't think Bolvar's mobility has much to do with that. Ner'zhul was able to control the undead of Northrend and beyond, he didn't even have a body. It's just Bolvar who's kinda a noob.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Bolvar's mobility has much to do with that. Ner'zhul was able to control the undead of Northrend and beyond, he didn't even have a body. It's just Bolvar who's kinda a noob.
    give the guy sometime, he is new to the job, you know suddenly become the boss of big company, it's not easy task

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    give the guy sometime, he is new to the job, you know suddenly become the boss of big company, it's not easy task
    What I want to know is what he'll do with his massive army of the undead once he has full control...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    What I want to know is what he'll do with his massive army of the undead once he has full control...
    Velen saw a vision about a Lich King far terrible than Ner'zhul or Arthas(which may or may not be Bolvar), who will wipe the world clean of life.

I believe the Lich King would have most likely succeeded in destroying all life during WotLK had he not waited the Horde and the Alliance come for him. And then he played with them all around Northrend for what, really? Blizzard has stated that the Arthas and Ner'zhul did not unleash their full power during the time of their rule for some reason Blizzard refused to share with us. Probably they knew it would be a stupid-ass reason anyway.

There's also a chance that Velen's vision is a false one. Since they show many possible futures, that one may not come to pass. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Velen saw a vision about a Lich King far terrible than Ner'zhul or Arthas(which may or may not be Bolvar), who will wipe the world clean of life.

I believe the Lich King would have most likely succeeded in destroying all life during WotLK had he not waited the Horde and the Alliance come for him. And then he played with them all around Northrend for what, really? Blizzard has stated that the Arthas and Ner'zhul did not unleash their full power during the time of their rule for some reason Blizzard refused to share with us. Probably they knew it would be a stupid-ass reason anyway.

There's also a chance that Velen's vision is a false one. Since they show many possible futures, that one may not come to pass. We'll see.
    i'm sick of Velen and his visions
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

That seemed to imply it would happen if it was tirion instead of bolvar
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Ner'zhul possessed necromantic knowledge thanks to the Skull of Gul'dan, and Arthas too thanks to Ner'zhul's memories. Bolvar has more or less no idea of what the hell he's doing.

Well, Ner'zhul didn't unleash it probably because his sole role was to carve a path for the Burning Legion, which is what he did.

With Arthas the answer is evident in game, the prince waited and let us do all sorts of things in Northrend because he wanted to forge his personal champions to reflect his own journey on Northrend: travelling in the frozen wastes only to fall to the Lich King and become a weapon unleashed against his own people. Arthas wanted to do the exact same thing with us. Why? Irony and shit. He says that himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    That seemed to imply it would happen if it was tirion instead of bolvar
    Not really. If that was the case than Velen wouldn't have had such vision in the first place. What he saw was meant as a possible future given the current time, and during that time Bolvar was the Lich King already.

so... any updates? maybe videos?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    so... any updates? maybe videos?
    Is the campaign even up on the alpha for the dks?

Deleted
    There is a DK Nazgrim in Stromgarde picture around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim fits right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nazgrim fits right in.
    Fucking sweet. That is definitely the type of imagery I want to see when I think of Death Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nazgrim fits right in.
    What a BEAST.