Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many of you will buy/bought Overwatch because it is a Blizzard game?

How many of you will buy/bought Overwatch because it is a Blizzard game? I anticipate many people will just because it is a Blizzard game and to be linked with the battle.net ecosystem with all your buddies is reason enough to buy it. It's going to have huge sales even if the game doesn't deliver. I know I will buy it. (Still salty I didn't get beta)

I bought it because it's TF2 made by someone who isn't Valve.

I was made aware of Overwatch because it was a blizzard game.
    If it hadn't been for blizzard i might've never known about it.

The reason i bought it on the other hand is because its a team shooter, great for LAN parties and such.
    CS is getting really dated at this point, so a new one as good looking as Overwatch is a very welcome change for us.

The fact that it is a blizzard game did however push me to buy the collectors edition, since all my other games are collectors might as well go with this one too.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I will likely not buy. Who makes the game is irrelevant to me. It has to align with my interests, and TF type games never have.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Bought it because it looks like fun and it is fun. Got to test it on a beta weekend.

I bought into the hype at the peak of my Blizzard disappointment. I had just quit or was just about to quit WoW forever, long finished with Hearthstone and lost interest with Starcraft. Maybe I bought into it because I know Blizzard does make quality games and TF2 feels bland to me. I didn't actually invest money towards it until I had watched a few streams and had done a bit of research

I just wanna own Blizzard's newest IP in what, 20+ years? Especially in that Collector's Origins Edition tangible goodness.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I still have a few issues with the game but yeah, I'll probbaly buy it.

After being ripped off by blizzard over the last two crappy expansions in WoW there is not a cats chance in hell of me ever buying another of their games
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Honestly, the cinematic trailer alone made me want to buy it, I thought it was a pixar movie or something being announced. I don't tend to play TF2 or similar games, but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from it.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I just wanna own Blizzard's newest IP in what, 20+ years? Especially in that Collector's Origins Edition tangible goodness.
    Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone were new IPs.

No plans of buying it on my part, not interested in the gameplay.

Maybe someday if something somehow changes and/or it's on sale, but unlikely.

I'm a huge Blizzard fanboy and i loved TF2 so this was a no brainer buy for me.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Waiting for the open beta to try the game out, if I like it I will probably buy it.

Got into a beta weekend, and liked it. Was also looking for a new fps game. It being a blizz game does make it an easier decision though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    I bought it because it's TF2 made by someone who isn't Valve.
    Hahaha, same here. Have so many TF2 memories, can't wait to play Overwatch LAN as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I bought it after Stress Test weekending.

Now I'll feel blue balled until the 3rd of May

It's definitely a plus. Being a Blizzard game guarantees ongoing support and the Blizzard ecosystem is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was unsure until I got into the beta and love it.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

I did some beta testing a month or two ago. That is all I plan on doing with it. Being from Blizzard doesn't make me want to buy or not buy it. The little bit I played wasn't something I want to own and keep playing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."