Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    2 different kinds, high dosage.
    It works, but side effects don't help when I already get tired quickly without them.

No, I'm pretty laid back. I don't understand people who are anxious all the time - I know some people have an actual condition of course and can't help it, but there are some people I know who aren't happy unless they're anxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    OP I strongly urge finding alternative ways to deal with your condition. Imo being on medication daily is never the best solution for mental disorders. Treat the underlying cause instead through natural remedies. Meditation and yoga provide great benefits. Learn to train your brain. Otherwise keep a benzo on hand for severe panic attacks if they really are an issue, sometimes those are a bit harder to control. For many people prescribed benzos they are not. They should only be used as a last resort. That said I can't deny I'm a hypocrite. But I won't deny that I abuse my meds. If you'd like to go that route you must understand the risks. Sure its fun to be buzzing on valium for a week straight but beyond that you're risking serious addiction. Benzo withdrawal is no joke.
    Healthy diet. Exercise. Meditation and yoga. You're welcome now stop shoving those Neuro inhibiting drugs down your throat. Live life or get it over with. Y'know what I mean

Bye bye mmo-c
    Nearly everyone would benefit from one or a combination of those things. Otherwise consider cognitive behavioral therapy and get professional advice tailored to your needs. Drugs aren't the answer. Watch your sugar intake.
    Maybe stop devoting all your energy trying to figure out what's wrong and realize anxiety and depression are natural. Find some passion in life. Something to live for. Spend less time online. Maybe more drugs is the answer. Try psychedelics.
    Its those some professionals that suggest the pills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    All his tips were actually quite helpful, but all you want to hear is "oh poor you, have some more pills that cut away every emotion you have".
    And they don't work for everybody.
    Thats why medical advice on the internet is usefull.

I used to suffer from really bad anxiety attacks, to the point of nearly vomiting. I started going to the gym, but the ride to the gym would be terrible for me. But it eventually helped me to reduce the severity of my attacks. Eventually I stopped going to the gym because I no longer needed it's help. And now i keep my mild attacks in check with marijuana. You'll definitely have to try a few before you find one that helps with your anxiety. I never went on any benzo's, i've heard of how much hell it is transitioning onto them, onto different ones and (if ever you need to) off them. And I hear people talk of feeling like you're in a zombie like state, or "not themselves." No thank you! Marijuana even helps me with the nausea, so even if I do have a little attack, I won't vurp during it.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I used to suffer from really bad anxiety attacks, to the point of nearly vomiting. I started going to the gym, but the ride to the gym would be terrible for me. But it eventually helped me to reduce the severity of my attacks. Eventually I stopped going to the gym because I no longer needed it's help. And now i keep my mild attacks in check with marijuana. You'll definitely have to try a few before you find one that helps with your anxiety. I never went on any benzo's, i've heard of how much hell it is transitioning onto them, onto different ones and (if ever you need to) off them. And I hear people talk of feeling like you're in a zombie like state, or "not themselves." No thank you! Marijuana even helps me with the nausea, so even if I do have a little attack, I won't vurp during it.
    I'd see a doctor about why pot is working for you. Especially the nausea part.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not anxiety, nor dyslexia.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, I'm pretty laid back. I don't understand people who are anxious all the time - I know some people have an actual condition of course and can't help it, but there are some people I know who aren't happy unless they're anxious.
    I'm one of the most laid back people you will ever meet, yet I have severe anxiety. I don't show it and you wouldn't know I was having a anxiety/panic attack unless you knew me very well. It's easy to hide.

I've tried medication, the side effects were not worth the benefits(almost none). I learned to deal with mine so it's not as life altering I have things that help me and have learned to avoid triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm one of the most laid back people you will ever meet, yet I have severe anxiety. I don't show it and you wouldn't know I was having a anxiety/panic attack unless you knew me very well. It's easy to hide.

I've tried medication, the side effects were not worth the benefits(almost none). I learned to deal with mine so it's not as life altering I have things that help me and have learned to avoid triggers.
    Kudos for you for learning to deal. There's no shame in requiring medications to cope but by no means are they the only answer either as you demonstrate.

I have a little Anxiety Disorder I think...but I don't want to eat pills, I am afraid of getting addicted to them....
    Another reason is my parents don't want to eating pills to solve problems, they thinks that keep happy or something like that can help (how can I say)

I did have anxiety and agoraphobia for a few years, never took any meds for it and got rid of it by realising that I was acting like a hysterical fool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I did have anxiety and agoraphobia for a few years, never took any meds for it and got rid of it by realising that I was acting like a hysterical fool

Well done Crispin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I act like a hysterical fool to avoid depression and anxiety. I feel if I take life too seriously, I'll end up depressed. This photo is exactly what I'm talking about. Sometimes you just gotta bow to the absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    happy when anxious??
    being anxious all the time??

sounds hard to believe

Outside of social anxiety... nope. Can't look people in the eye, and I have a really hard time initiating conversations. Strangely... I'm fine when it's small talk... or talking to someone like a cashier, or a waiter. But take me to a party, or if my husband is taking me to a function for his command... I get so nervous I can barely function. I lock up, and mentally shut everything out. Not sure why it happens, just does. Usually need to leave, or I'll have a panic attack. Which results in low blood glucose, as I'm also a type I Diabetic (juvenile onset). Might be the large crowds. If there's a lot of noise, or outside stimuli, then I usually start getting weird.

Happens at job interviews, too. Bit me in the ass a few times, that's for sure.

I'm also easily startled, and incredibly jumpy. I guess I'm wound pretty tight :P Because type I Diabetes is caused by an autoimmune disorder that attacks the endocrine system (first the pancreas, then slowly over time... other parts). I'm also having minor issues with my thyroid. My doctor prescribed a beta blocker because of increased heart rate. It's actually doing wonders to calm me down.

Deleted
    Not anymore.

But I was prescribed diazapam and then lorazepam at 4-6mg daily for it when an inpatient and it tripped me the fuck out for so long I eventually became addicted to it, both for the recreational use and the removal of any anxiety.

Now after not touching them for a year almost my anxiety is gone and I'm one of the most confident fuckers you'll meet funnily enough.

Medication has a place, but benzos are like candies in the real world for outpatients as gps loathe to prescribe them here.

I used to take some medication, but it made everything I ever did feel 'dull' to the point where it would make life not worth living, so I decided against it.

Have mostly gotten over my anxiety by realizing that it's an irrational thing of which I have no direct control; my body will do this stupid shit in these conditions, and apparently I can't control it in the moment. I have realized that I can control it indirectly, though, by addressing the source of the irrational fear. The less ambiguous the rejection of the fear is, the more solidly the anxiety will be held at bay.

Of course, the problem with social anxiety in particular is that all social interactions are inherently extremely dishonest, so it's hard to entirely unambiguously reject fears... but it's better to try your best to address it than to let the anxiety fester unresolved. Personally, I've done this by eliminating all the most manipulative, dishonest, abusive, etc., people from my life. I guess feeling the need to do so represents a weakness by my part, since not being able to tolerate such people limits me as a person, and I could see medication helping if you weren't free to do that. Luckily, I am free to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    ...you wouldn't know I was having a anxiety/panic attack unless you knew me very well. It's easy to hide.
    Really? All my panic attacks have been extreme to the point where I've passed out. I mean, sure; I won't show any signs of distress initially, but it's hard to disguise hitting the ground.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I'd rather listen to a professional thanks
    Which one? Two professionals will often give you contrasting opinions.

He is right on drugs, especially psychedelics. Cannabis is also a good choice. Nothing can beat sleep, exercise, and diet however.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    happy when anxious??
    being anxious all the time??

sounds hard to believe
    You haven't met my mother-in-law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Which one? Two professionals will often give you contrasting opinions.

He is right on drugs, especially psychedelics. Cannabis is also a good choice. Nothing can beat sleep, exercise, and diet however.
    I've seen four professionals over 10 years and despite our best efforts nothing has changed

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Tony Soprano suffered from anxiety, in the TV show The Sopranos. It was interesting because he was supposed to be the alpha male. He went to see a psychiatrist.

One of the best TV shows ever.
    If someone has problems in their life they are no alpha male.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Made up shit? Have you never had anxiety? No imagine that on a scale multiplied by a factor of a 1000.
    Ive never had irrational anxiety so it's hard to relate or understand it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.