Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    This has nothing to do with this thread...Move along.

Are you a mod? What makes me think you have any right to tell me what to post? LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Waiting for Blizz to say fuckitall. Repackage and resell Vanilla WoW for $100 a box with a $30 sub fee.
    Call it Classic WoW!
    this way it looks morelike blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What on earth does this have to do with corporate history? Do you honestly mean to sit there and say that Blizzard is the first corporation to sue over their copyrights? Are you that naive?

This is in NO WAY dangerous for Blizzard, to even imply that is ludicrous. Did suing Scapegaming hurt them? Or any of the other illegal servers they shut down?

Grow up. This is not V For Vendetta, this is not going to bring down the Big Bad Blizzard.
    No one wants to "bring down" Blizzard. They will just stop giving a shit about their games.

The people who were on Nostralius and leaving wow retail are not venting on MMO champion. They are not angry. They are apathetic. They are just not going to come back. Many of these people are core players.
    This shit is everywhere in the mainstream media-it makes wow look like a dying game and Blizzard a desperate company lashing out wildly at fanboys who were creating a place for a community they could no longer understand. That has a knock-on effect on people who might take the game up or former players who might have come back.

If you do not understand the crucial role that goodwill plays in every major business out there then you badly need to read up on the subject. Corporate history is littered with stories of great busineses that went to the wall because they did things much less offensive than this.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-04-12 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    This isn't about that. I speed in my car. I know I'm breaking the law, and risking a ticket. If I get one, I don't run online and start whinging that I should get off scott free and not have to pay for the ticket because...reasons. I broke the law.

What I do, has nothing to do with what they did. They broke the law. They knew it was illegal, but you have this crowd of persistent, stubborn, willfully ignorant people claiming they had rights in this, and that Blizzard acted wrongly, and that the illegality of it depends on perspective, like "You break the law, so why shouldn't they?"
    To be honest that's a bad comparison. You don't see the owners of Nost crying on here. You see the people who were playing on the server. So something slightly more accurate would be a relative of yours crying about the ticket you got, not yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    To be honest that's a bad comparison. You don't see the owners of Nost crying on here. You see the people who were playing on the server. So something slightly more accurate would be a relative of yours crying about the ticket you got, not yourself.
    Also, those of us who like many Vanilla concepts and don't really enjoy the unsocial lobby game that WoW retail has become. I don't play on Private Realms.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    No one wants to "bring down" Blizzard. They will just stop giving a shit about their games.

The people who were on Nostralius and leaving wow retail are not venting on MMO champion. They are not angry. They are not apathetic They are just not going to come back. Many of these people are core players.
    This shit is everywhere in the mainstream media-it makes wow look like a dying game and Blizzard a desperate company lashing out wildly at fanboys who were creating a place for a community they could no longer understand. That has a knock-on effect on people who might take the game up or former players who might have come back.

If you do not understand the crucial role that goodwill plays in every major business out there then you badly need to read up on the subject. Corporate history is littered with stories of great busineses that went to the wall because they did things much less offensive than this.
    Such as?

I'll wait.

Deleted
    Such as?

I'll wait.
    This is a Gerald Ratner moment.

Deleted
    Bothers me too. So I just went and found other games to play. It's really that simple.
    Unfortunately it's not that simple, because no game comes close to how the golden age of WoW was, they all follow blizzards ideas about group finding tools etc. I am playing some other games now but mainly single player ones, they are also very limited in playtime

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You shouldn't have to go looking though in my opinion. That level of difficulty (maybe not that difficult, but close) should be the rule, not the exception.
    Unfortunately for you and many others it isn't. They are probably on a pendulum swing toward difficulty being "the rule" with the Mythic+ progression path, and the world scaling to keep "skipped" quests more challenging/engaging.

I do believe those 2 changes alone would greatly improve your satisfaction, and that they won't ever meet your ideal if you want the level of "grind it out, corpse run!" from the past.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Makes sense right? Less than 4 million subs, and less than 4 million pet battles per day. Should just call the game, "World of Pet Battles". Time to casual this crap up another notch, AMIRIGHT?
    by the end of mop retail had 8 mill subs not 4.
    So just because YOU hate stuff everyone else has too? damn another close minded "we need vanilla" dude. And if casual is such a BAD thing for you, you shouldnt be playin Vanilla but EQ....

This is a Gerald Ratner moment.
    Hardly applicable here. He's trying to make the case that "goodwill" makes or breaks a company, not the assholeish comments from an ex-CEO.

The most litigious company in the world is Disney. I don't see them going out of business from protecting their IP. Lars Ulrich was demonized for trying to sue his fans, but that didn't stop his band from becoming the biggest band in the world.

He's trying to equate "goodwill" with "getting free shit." And, on top of that, saying the lack of that has killed companies. I'm asking him to name some.

Let him answer - this should be good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Unfortunately for you and many others it isn't. They are probably on a pendulum swing toward difficulty being "the rule" with the Mythic+ progression path, and the world scaling to keep "skipped" quests more challenging/engaging.

I do believe those 2 changes alone would greatly improve your satisfaction, and that they won't ever meet your ideal if you want the level of "grind it out, corpse run!" from the past.
    The pendulum does swing and they are slowly moving back. I'm hoping that this might push it in the direction I like a little faster though. Give me back my tiered progression, damnit!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that simple, because no game comes close to how the golden age of WoW was, they all follow blizzards ideas about group finding tools etc. I am playing some other games now but mainly single player ones, they are also very limited in playtime

I understand, the issue is everyone else has a problem with being told "no", and are on a bizarre crusade to demand something they're not entitled to.

You have a mature outlook - they don't. That's where the comedy lies.

All these people saying "it's illegal, good for blizzard" and calling us "pirates" and "thieves". I fucking remember walking into Gamestop in April 2005 and buying WoW. I've bought EVERY xpac that's come out, and I've probably dumped upwards of $600 of MY HARD EARNED MONEY to blizzard for their games. I've stolen nothing. If I want to play Vanilla WoW as it was when I first purchased it, and blizzard won't offer it to me, then I'm going to find my own way to do it. It's simply what happens when something is prohibited. That doesn't make me entitled.

Stop with these ignorant assumptions, and how fucking dare you accuse me of stealing. The blizzard I that made vanilla WoW is not the same blizzard that runs WoW today. The blizzard that is passionate about making immersive games is gone and has been replaced by new devs that prefer the quick buck rather than creating a great, overall gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anceron View Post
    All these people saying "it's illegal, good for blizzard" and calling us "pirates" and "thieves". I fucking remember walking into Gamestop in April 2005 and buying WoW. I've bought EVERY xpac that's come out, and I've probably dumped upwards of $600 of MY HARD EARNED MONEY to blizzard for their games. I've stolen nothing. If I want to play Vanilla WoW as it was when I first purchased it, and blizzard won't offer it to me, then I'm going to find my own way to do it. It's simply what happens when something is prohibited. That doesn't make me entitled.

Stop with these ignorant assumptions, and how fucking dare you accuse me of stealing. The blizzard I that made vanilla WoW is not the same blizzard that runs WoW today. The blizzard that is passionate about making immersive games is gone and has been replaced by new devs that prefer the quick buck rather than creating a great, overall gaming experience.
    Uhm we aren't saying you stole mate. That lies with the Nostalrius crew. Also you chose to throw that hard earned money at them, nobody put a gun to your head and made you.

Deleted
    150,000 players and a million accounts is enough run a very good business. That's larger than many actual countries.
    I dont know in which country you live but a business with 150k costumers which bring you ZERO bucks is not a GOOD business

Quote Originally Posted by Anceron View Post

Actually, it does make you entitled.

And, lucky that nobody is saying you stole anything. But you did infringe on their copyrights, which is illegal, and you all but admit to doing in your first paragraph.

Anger does not make you right, or make what you're doing legal. That's how children think.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone behaves like an arsehole I call you an arsehole. Blizzard made tens of thousands people miserable because they are greedy. It isn't a difficult concept to understand.
    This has very little to do with the Evil Faceless Blizzard and their greed.

There is a possible domino effect here if it is not stopped.

I am sure people were having fun, and I would have fun if I played.

I would probably have fun being drunk at work, but I dont.

Heh, as if 80-90 media outlets weren't enough, now print press is starting to get in on the fun.

J Allen Brack is getting immortalized... in memes everywhere... what a legacy to leave behind
    "You don't want that, to do that either. You think you do but you d-d-don't!"

Deleted
    Hardly applicable here. He's trying to make the case that "goodwill" makes or breaks a company, not the assholeish comments from an ex-CEO.

The most litigious company in the world is Disney. I don't see them going out of business from protecting their IP. Lars Ulrich was demonized for trying to sue his fans, but that didn't stop his band from becoming the biggest band in the world.

He's trying to equate "goodwill" with "getting free shit." And, on top of that, saying the lack of that has killed companies. I'm asking him to name some.

Let him answer - this should be good!
    For someone who comes from a family of lawyers you construct a poor case.

Metallica have been losing money since 2010. That's from a band which has a corporate empire worth hundreds of millions. There are various reasons for this but the truth is their war on copyright did significantly damage their brand and credibility as any one who ever used napster will tell you.
    I went to a metallica tribute concert recently -there was no one there who wasn't born in the eighties or earlier. Go figure.

Disney are an excellent example of a company generating vast amounts of goodwill (except possibly with Jews). Protecting your IP does not damage your goodwill, being an arsehole about it does, which is what Blizzard did wrong here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I dont know in which country you live but a business with 150k costumers which bring you ZERO bucks is not a GOOD business
    It was bringing in money actually, but they only asked for donations to pay the server.

They weren't trying to bring in money, as should be obvious. The point was that commercial MMO's survive on similar numbers quite well, even F2P games.