Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    How is the entire idea behind it different in any way? You send champions on a mission, you wait. You do nothing. Yeah they might lock a couple of quests behind the mission table. But that doesn't make it better. That makes it worse. That means now that if I just want to do the quests, I have to deal with fucking facebook garrison missions.
    Too fucking bad, they're all optional anyway.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    I never said it was the biggest, just that clearly not all of the things WoW took from Diablo 3 were put into Diablo 3 after Jay Wilson left.

Oh my god, I already did, learn to read.

He totally didn't address that order halls in Legion are just like garrisons in WoD.

The whole missions system is the same, champions are followers, troops are ships, you do the exact same thing you did in WoD. You send champions on a mission, and then you wait. Awesome gameplay. We've told Blizzard we don't want to play that facebook game. And the buffs in order halls are just like the buffs you get from buildings in garrisons, just without the actual buildings artwork.

This is garrisons 2.0, and he didn't address that at all.
    And i told you previously that he did exactly this?

People are tellign you that you didnt read his post for a reason. That or you have serious reading comprehension problems.

THe mission system, according to Watcher, is NOT the same. The overall goal of it is that it sends you on missions, and then 3% of it is followers. That makes it literally not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    ridiculous.
    66 posts. GJ gnazi

Considering one of the artifact traits, which controls the ilvl and give you extra talent points in your artifacts, is locked behind TTHESE NEW GARRISONS (I know because I'm playing it right now).

Garrisons 2.0 are definitely mandatory for anyone that cares about more than "Tanaan dailies" level content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Considering one of the artifact traits, which controls the ilvl and give you extra talent points in your artifacts, is locked behind TTHESE NEW GARRISONS (I know because I'm playing it right now).

Garrisons 2.0 are definitely mandatory for anyone that cares about more than "Tanaan dailies" level content.

oh god the fucking ignorance is real. You didnt read his post. Thats fucking embarassing for you bro
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-04-13 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laelius View Post
    Oh boyyyy. Judging by the sad state of the current game, this can only lead to more disappointment. Watcher may understand what that upper 1% for large raiding groups wants. But it's a very finite view of the game as a whole, and isn't very fun for a lot. Just look at the subscription numbers lost, and the raiding guilds that are no longer raiding.

If they were hoping to revitalize WoW, it certainly hasn't shown it. A steady decline of quality since WoTLK has taken effect. (Sure, we got some quality of life improvements and what have you) but looking at the long term really makes you question. Even setting aside taking a look at nostalgia through rose-tinted glasses, directing the raid scene towards ONE raid size for end-game is a terrible concept. It basically diminishes the work you have to do for tuning,... which I guess is probably a positive.. considering alllll the bugs the ten man tuning faced.

This man cares little about anyone but those who he's familiar with, I.E., those old 25-man groups. I'm sure he believe that as long LFR and normal and flex/heroic whatever exist, that he can make end-game exclusive to those sizes. I don't mind bigger raid teams, but I'm sure there are more than a few groups of people who preferred the 10 man scene, while also having access to end-quality gear. While more often than not, having to put much more effort into a fight than the 25 man counterpart.

Moving Watcher to this position hints at a few angles, honestly. And not really any of them are all that positive, when it comes to the future of the game and population of those who play it. Congratulations for him making it up the latter, but until he gets his feet wet and realizes that there's more to cater to. Eh.
    That 1% is just players that group up with guildies or friends and earn some loot, it's not 1% and even without things like LFR players know what raiding is now, the percentage will be much higher. By catering to the higher skilled players it makes people want to improve, the question is if legions will have anything fun maybe grindy in world content for those who don't care about raiding

I like him, gratz to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laelius View Post
    Oh boyyyy. Judging by the sad state of the current game, this can only lead to more disappointment. Watcher may understand what that upper 1% for large raiding groups wants. But it's a very finite view of the game as a whole, and isn't very fun for a lot. Just look at the subscription numbers lost, and the raiding guilds that are no longer raiding.

If they were hoping to revitalize WoW, it certainly hasn't shown it. A steady decline of quality since WoTLK has taken effect. (Sure, we got some quality of life improvements and what have you) but looking at the long term really makes you question. Even setting aside taking a look at nostalgia through rose-tinted glasses, directing the raid scene towards ONE raid size for end-game is a terrible concept. It basically diminishes the work you have to do for tuning,... which I guess is probably a positive.. considering alllll the bugs the ten man tuning faced.

This man cares little about anyone but those who he's familiar with, I.E., those old 25-man groups. I'm sure he believe that as long LFR and normal and flex/heroic whatever exist, that he can make end-game exclusive to those sizes. I don't mind bigger raid teams, but I'm sure there are more than a few groups of people who preferred the 10 man scene, while also having access to end-quality gear. While more often than not, having to put much more effort into a fight than the 25 man counterpart.

Moving Watcher to this position hints at a few angles, honestly. And not really any of them are all that positive, when it comes to the future of the game and population of those who play it. Congratulations for him making it up the latter, but until he gets his feet wet and realizes that there's more to cater to. Eh.
    I wouldn't blame the game's problems on any one person. Its quite clear that WoW is now fully catering to introverted players. I've been in several organizations in my lifetime and what can tend to happen (if you aren't careful) is introverted people get promoted and then they mistake extroverted people for people who don't care about the job or mistake extroverted behavior for trolls. So they wind up just promoting other introverted people. After a while, all of management is VERY introverted and THAT is what can cause problems.

I suspect this has happened at Blizzard judging by the direction their games have taken. If there were any extroverted people in management, they must be long gone. All of their games have turned away from extroverted play. It took a LOT of complaining just to convince them to add chat channels to SC2. They seriously saw absolutely NO value in chat.

Its really problematic for an MMO like WoW though because a community "feel" is vital to the game, and introverts will not value that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Humm since his defense of the garrison table 3.0 im not too sure he will be taking the game in a healthy direction. That said im hopeful that he will do well. If he can get the third artifact removed from garrison table 3.0 making it 100% optional ill kiss his balls.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2016-04-13 at 09:17 AM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Whoever gets in charge, I doubt that the game could be in a sadder state than it currently is.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, I like Ion he's a great Dev, with even more control over things this should lead to great things.

What was this guy's responsibilities in Vanilla, BC and WotLK?

Just going to say this, at some point he will make an update people don't agree with, and just like ghostcrawler was the scapegoat for all wow problems, he will end up being the one who is the problem with wow.

But in the mean time, Good. Hopefully he takes the game in a direction I'll enjoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Just going to say this, at some point he will make an update people don't agree with, and just like ghostcrawler was the scapegoat for all wow problems, he will end up being the one who is the problem with wow.

But in the mean time, Good. Hopefully he takes the game in a direction I'll enjoy!
    Even if I disagree with something he says I'm glad he bothers to explain stuff, and I'm Glad he knows we are worried their view of class orders is just 'same, different, but still the same' as garrisons

Deleted
    I feel comfortable with Ion having more control over World of Warcraft (if indeed this is even true). I tend to agree with his outlook and decisions. Have faith in the Hazza.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    And i told you previously that he did exactly this?
    No, he didn't. How hard is this to understand. Quote to me where he addressed any of the problems.

Pro-tip: you can't

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he didn't. How hard is this to understand. Quote to me where he addressed any of the problems.

Class Halls and Garrisons are the same, in the way that Juice and Cake is the same because they both contain Sugar.

Having 1 aspect of a whole system transferred into another system does not make 2 systems the same.

The quicker that gets through to people on these forums the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Too fucking bad, they're all optional anyway.
    Holy shit.

No. Unless you are fine with missing out on actual content, they are not. Quests are gated behind this system.

And you know why? For the same reason the legendary ring quest in WoD was gated behind the shipyard. Because the shipyard sucked and they knew people wouldn't want to deal with it otherwise cause it's a shit piece of content.

They are literally pulling that same stunt again.

Disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Class Halls and Garrisons are the same, in the way that Juice and Cake is the same because they both contain Sugar.

Having 1 aspect of a whole system transferred into another system does not make 2 systems the same.

The quicker that gets through to people on these forums the better.
    They are the same, accept reality.

The visuals are just different.

Deleted

"We've focused on replayable and varied outdoor world content and dungeon content as the heart and soul of the Legion endgame, and on reward systems that will support the continued relevance of those systems. "

"while garrison followers and missions were a substantial portion of the content in Warlords, Order Hall missions are probably more like 3% of Legion."

"But there's key player power at the bottom of my Order Hall tech tree, so isn't that gated behind missions?

Actually, no. As I mentioned in my post in the Alpha forums, what players are seeing in Alpha right now lacks context, admittedly because we haven't provided much. The research you can initiate in your Order Hall to unlock various perks, culminating in a strong player-power reward, requires Order Resources. Order Resources are not in any way gained through missions. You gain Order Resources from quest content: from the one-time Order Campaign quest arc, from treasures around the world, and at max level from outdoor world quests. If anything, missions are more likely to serve as an outlet for excess Resources once you have your research needs covered."

?

This pretty much explains why they arent "They are the same, accept reality. The visuals are just different."

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Even if I disagree with something he says I'm glad he bothers to explain stuff, and I'm Glad he knows we are worried their view of class orders is just 'same, different, but still the same' as garrisons
    That's why I liked ghostcrawler, he may not have been in charge but he was the voice to explain things to us, regardless if we were going to be happy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are the same, accept reality.

The visuals are just different.
    Someone off in his own fairyland telling others to accept reality seems legit.