Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    He is pretty much the only dev, who does not speak in spin. He speaks directly from the heart, says what needs to said and he has done a pretty good job lately, so i see no reason not to be happy, that he is promoted or given a higher position. I hope, that he will take the game, in the direction, that he seems fit or atleast, puts the game together so its a fullfledged game, instead of the patchwork which is WoD. Any change, which takes us away from WoD, is an improvement for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Someone off in his own fairyland telling others to accept reality seems legit.
    The Blizzdrone is strong inside of you.

Literally the same mission table, followers and ships combined for champions and troops. Literally the same gameplay, send followers on missions, and then wait.

TOP CONTENT.

kek Ion even said that he doesn't consider it content. That's how far they had to go. They know they can't sell that as content anyway.

Buildings are now gone, but their buffs are still there.

The only difference between order halls and garrisons is that they got rid of a couple of things, like the farm and the mine, and some building types. And they have at least been clever enough to not make it instanced, but to have other players in there too.

But other than that it is the same shitty content garrisons were, just in a different color.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    "We've focused on replayable and varied outdoor world content and dungeon content as the heart and soul of the Legion endgame, and on reward systems that will support the continued relevance of those systems. "

"while garrison followers and missions were a substantial portion of the content in Warlords, Order Hall missions are probably more like 3% of Legion."

"But there's key player power at the bottom of my Order Hall tech tree, so isn't that gated behind missions?

Actually, no. As I mentioned in my post in the Alpha forums, what players are seeing in Alpha right now lacks context, admittedly because we haven't provided much. The research you can initiate in your Order Hall to unlock various perks, culminating in a strong player-power reward, requires Order Resources. Order Resources are not in any way gained through missions. You gain Order Resources from quest content: from the one-time Order Campaign quest arc, from treasures around the world, and at max level from outdoor world quests. If anything, missions are more likely to serve as an outlet for excess Resources once you have your research needs covered."

?

This pretty much explains why they arent "They are the same, accept reality. The visuals are just different."
    Incase you missed it Shane
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-04-13 at 09:43 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post

Literally the same mission table, followers and ships combined for champions and troops. Literally the same gameplay, send followers on missions, and then wait.
    I'm sorry that reading comprehension isn't your strong suite so much so that you need to yell at people on the internet about asinine non-issues

Deleted
    "We've focused on replayable and varied outdoor world content and dungeon content as the heart and soul of the Legion endgame, and on reward systems that will support the continued relevance of those systems. "

"while garrison followers and missions were a substantial portion of the content in Warlords, Order Hall missions are probably more like 3% of Legion."

"But there's key player power at the bottom of my Order Hall tech tree, so isn't that gated behind missions?

Actually, no. As I mentioned in my post in the Alpha forums, what players are seeing in Alpha right now lacks context, admittedly because we haven't provided much. The research you can initiate in your Order Hall to unlock various perks, culminating in a strong player-power reward, requires Order Resources. Order Resources are not in any way gained through missions. You gain Order Resources from quest content: from the one-time Order Campaign quest arc, from treasures around the world, and at max level from outdoor world quests. If anything, missions are more likely to serve as an outlet for excess Resources once you have your research needs covered."

?

This pretty much explains why they arent "They are the same, accept reality. The visuals are just different."
    Are you kidding me?

He addressed nothing of the actual concern there.

The concern being that ORDER HALLS ARE JUST LIKE GARRISONS.

The concern that THE MISSION TABLE IS JUST LIKE THE MISSION TABLE IN WOD WAS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I am of two minds about him.

On the negative side, I've never really forgiven him for saying that the only important things in the game are raiding and PVP. He said that in a Q&A with CM Lore and I think it was one of those things that they think in Irvine but try not to ever say. So it was to me a moment of honesty and a great disappointment. I thought him smarter than that.

On the plus side, whenever there's a panel that he's a part of, he's clearly the smartest guy on the stage (last paragraph notwithstanding).

As for his new position, he has hopefully transitioned from concerning himself solely with dungeon and raid encounters (which after all was his job for a long time) and will have a perspective on what works for everyone in the game. If and when he realizes that the world and story outside of dungeons and raids is a critical piece of the game I think the game will be better off for it.

I've never seen Chilton as a guy who has a real vision for the game but more of a manager that allows others to enable their own vision. Which is well and good except the game when at its best is more than the sum of its parts. That needs someone who thinks about the game as more than X, Y, and Z. Watcher may be able to bring an actual vision for what the game should be to bear. In the end I may not like or agree with that vision but even then it's probably better to have that than throwing a bunch of quests, dungeons, and raids in a box, connecting them up with a story line that is so thin as to be nonexistent and calling it an expansion. That's pretty much what I thought of Warlords.
    Sorta kinda how I feel about him. He is good with words most of the time, he has great damage control skills and sticks up for his team in an intelligent manner.

My problem is, as a gamer he is an elitist prick and he has mentioned time and again about how top tier progression is what WoW is about. I'm really hoping he left that mindset behind.

Deleted
    Class Halls and Garrisons are the same, in the way that Juice and Cake is the same because they both contain Sugar.

Having 1 aspect of a whole system transferred into another system does not make 2 systems the same.

The quicker that gets through to people on these forums the better.
    There's more than just one aspect there. And even if it was just one, that one aspect, missions and followers, SHOULD BE PURGED FROM THE GAME. THERE IS NO EXCUSe FOR IT TO BE IN THERE, AFTER HOW MUCH PEOPLE HATED IT IN WOD.

People should be fired at Blizz for this right now. This is incomprehensible.

Deleted
    Are you kidding me?

He addressed nothing of the actual concern there.

The concern being that ORDER HALLS ARE JUST LIKE GARRISONS.

The concern that THE MISSION TABLE IS JUST LIKE THE MISSION TABLE IN WOD WAS.
    What?

I dont.... did you actually read it?

The new mission tables gets YOU out into the world

They are about 3% of the expansion instead of being a large part of it.

You dont build buildings or anything like that in your order hall. How exactly is it like the Garrisson`?

What about this didnt you understand?

TOP CONTENT.

kek Ion even said that he doesn't consider it content. That's how far they had to go. They know they can't sell that as content anyway.

The only difference between order halls and garrisons is that they got rid of a couple of things, like the farm and the mine, and some building types. And they have at least been clever enough to not make it instanced, but to have other players in there too.

But other than that it is the same shitty content garrisons were, just in a different color.
    ํYou seem angry and unstable lol. You are starting to see some sense now. Just read a little more on why they are different. The hint is to look past the fact that they use the same UI to the real place of the order hall in the gameplay as whole.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I've always thought Ion was the epitome of dipshit (Goes to school for 8 years to be a lawyer, then quits that to get a job at a place that someone at McDonalds has the qualifications for). Then just today I find out he was the founder of Elitist Jerks (the website and the guild), and it all made sense.

But congrats to him. Every rung higher up the ladder, will hopefully make the pain feel a little less severe 10-20-30 years from now when he asks himself why he quit a promising career to play with video games.
    I work in the Finance department in a multinational firm. I would join Blizzard and give them my everything if I ever had the chance to work there. As you can see he's getting promoted so his career is going fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What was this guy's responsibilities in Vanilla, BC and WotLK?
    According to http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ion_Hazzikostas nothing during vanilla and BC, since he joined just before wrath launch. He's been working on all dungeons and raids since then.

Deleted
    What?

You dont build buildings or anything like that in your order hall. How exactly is it like the Garrisson`?

From what was shown in videos, it gates quests behind missions. So yes it gets you out... like a normal fucking quest would... but with the rng element of completing the mission first.

They say 3% but if it is really 3% we will know when it's out.

Tech tree gives buffs that are like buildings... just because they where to lazy to design buildings for each class, doesn't mean they don't have the same feature.

What about it did i get wrong?

Deleted
    I'm sorry that reading comprehension isn't your strong suite so much so that you need to yell at people on the internet about asinine non-issues
    You literally addressed nothing of what I said.

non-issues
    Are you doing damage control for Blizzard, Blizzdrone? How much you get payed for this?

I bet it was also a non-issue when garrisons were the only new feature in WoD, you spent all the time in there and all you did was play a facebook game that required you to operate menus and then wait.

Oh, no, wait, IT WAS THE REASON WOD SUCKED.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    From what was shown in videos, it gates quests behind missions. So yes it gets you out... like a normal fucking quest would... but with the rng element of completing the mission first.

They say 3% but if it is really 3% we will know when it's out.

Tech tree gives buffs that are like buildings... just because they where to lazy to design buildings for each class, doesn't mean they don't have the same feature.

What about it did i get wrong?
    What is in the videos isnt relevant basicly because of what watcher said. Now you not believing them "hey say 3% but if it is really 3% we will know when it's out." and being pessimistic is something they and i cant do anything about. But its hardly an argument for any fucking thing in the world.

The buildings didnt give any buffs. They where basicly either buildings farming for you.

The tech tree is fine as long as it doesnt revolve around you standing inside the garrisson waiting for missions to finnish.

So in short i dont know. Everything important?

Deleted
    What?

I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE MISSION TABLES.
    JUST GIVE ME THE QUEST.

Don't you get that the problem is THAT THE MISSION TABLES SUCK AND PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM?

Why give people quests and lock them behind something they don't want to do?

Do you want to make your players puke?

Blizzard is literally commiting suicide right now.

Deleted
    That's good news.

Watcher did great so far (remember half of the left, leaving just Chilton behind as a top head)

Hopefully, this promotion won't affect his level attention to the encounter design team.

Deleted

3% of the expansion is too much, They need to be 0% of the expansion.

You dont build buildings or anything like that in your order hall.
    Great, the only fun part about garrisons doesn't get carried over.

"Let's just keep the shitty parts."

No, you don't build buildings, but you still get to pick buffs, which is essentially what the buildings were for.

How exactly is it like the Garrisson`?

I essence it's the same thing, even if some features are missing.
    It just has a different coat of paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    ํYou seem angry and unstable lol. You are starting to see some sense now. Just read a little more on why they are different. The hint is to look past the fact that they use the same UI to the real place of the order hall in the gameplay as whole.
    just ad hominems

TOP CONTENT.

So what, if it is an optional feature, why do you care

Deleted

I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE MISSION TABLES.
    JUST GIVE ME THE QUEST.

Don't you get that the problem is THAT THE MISSION TABLES SUCK AND PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM?

Why give people quests and lock them behind something they don't want to do?

Do you want to make your players puke?

Blizzard is literally commiting suicide right now.
    I DONT CARE WHAT YOU WANT. YOU DONT SPEAK FOR EVERYONE. RELAX A LITTLE PLEASE Mr. INFANT. THIS SHIT MAKES YOU LOOK IDIOTIC

From what i can understand him Watcher saying, there will basicly be no forcing you to do the table quests.

Deleted
    What is in the videos isnt relevant basicly because of what watcher said. Now you not believing them "hey say 3% but if it is really 3% we will know when it's out." and being pessimistic is something they and i cant do anything about. But its hardly an argument for any fucking thing in the world.

The buildings didnt give any buffs. They where basicly either buildings farming for you.

The tech tree is fine as long as it doesnt revolve around you standing inside the garrisson waiting for missions to finnish.

So in short i dont know. Everything important?
    Look, I trust what I can see and prove.. atm I see a garrison-stlye command table, that gates world content behind a timer with rng-fail-element, so you can do ALL the missions and fail ALL of them, so you cannot go out in the world doing quests... yeah sure sounds like a getting me out in the world.
    You brought up the 3% argument, not me. So you thought it would prove your point.
    Tavern -> Giving you more follower options
    Tech tree -> Reducing mission times
    See, they both give you a buff that involves the garrison...