Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Burn it all to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    In Norwich Connecticut, we had a guy run over, drag, and kill a brother and sister in front of NFA highschool. He dropped his beer in the car, it was his 5th dui and his license was suspended for a DUI. Guy only got 7 years served little over a year and he is still eligible to get his license back. Shameful
    In a situation like that, I would have to take into consideration genuine remorse and suffering on his part as well.

Killing strangers and showing you feel no remorse over it is one thing... killing your own family and showing legitimate remorse and attempting to change your ways may merit leniency. (not saying thats what happened in your example, but similar things have happened to my friends & relatives, and sometimes punishing the survivors only compounds the suffering to the relatives)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Actually, he didn't get the death penalty because he didn't commit capital murder. He didn't commit murder at all which also took life in prison out.
    http://www.orangecountyduilawyersblo...ing-penalties/

What I linked shows a man who killed two pedestrians while drunk got 78 years. Couch killed an entire family. That mother fucker needs to be publicly executed, most certainly for the complete disdain he has shown in fleeing the country for a 'holiday break'. Call me out for being harsh if you like, but he is an absolute worst example of humanity.

One that money buys out of trouble consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    If you were to go to prison, federal prison is where you want to go. Facilities are nicer, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc. The food you get is substantially higher in nutrition and quality then state/privatized prisons who serve food which is deemed unsafe for the normal public to consume. By nice I mean steak, fish, icecream etc. Their are vending machines, soda machines in federal prison as well as a considerably larger commissary list. Prisoners are given actual mattress's and you can actually get a tax payer paid temper-pedic mattress. You can get full cable packages vs state/privatized prisons which offer a very limited selection. In addition, the pay phones in federal prison will allow you to call cellphones, even prepaid, which is something state/privatized prisons do not allow. As for federal pound me in the ass prison gays, trans, are considered heightened security risk prisoners and are generally segregated from the general population. Conjugal visits are allowed in federal prison
    I used an Office Space quote and I get Factoided here, ugh.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Seems like a fairly normal sentence for involuntary manslaughter to me.

(For 1 case at least. How many did he actually kill?)

EDIT: Oh shit, 4 people. He should be getting 2 years for EACH victim.

Actually, he didn't get the death penalty because he didn't commit capital murder. He didn't commit murder at all which also took life in prison out.
    If he was poor and Mexican the state of Texas would have had a much different take on it being murder, that is kinda the point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

really low, if some poor person of color had done similar insane moves he would have gotten 10 years at least. shows how corrupt the justice system is and i am sure this spoiled shithead thinks he got the book tossed at him as well despite him getting away with it all basically

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If he was poor and Mexican the state of Texas would have had a much different take on it being murder, that is kinda the point.
    Citation needed.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Let's send him a 50-gallon drum of lube. Strawberry-flavored.
    I'd say I hope he gets fucked up in prison, but let's be real... He's going to one of the nicest prisons in America with flat screen TV and spas.

Fuck this kid, and fuck his mother. Worthless scumbags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

4. Including a mother and daughter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/affluenza-d...ry?id=34481444

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

EDIT: Oh shit, 4 people. He should be getting 2 years for EACH victim.
    He didn't get any time for actually killing people. He got jail time for breaking his probation and fleeing the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Citation needed.
    The last 100 years of history in Texas or other parts of the south. If you are foolish enough to think that being white didn't help a little and being rich obviously sealed the deal on him getting away with killing 4 people, driving 3 times the legal limit (while underage) and then fleeing the country, you are insane. Any one of those things would net most people a far larger punishment then he got, and due to his wealth he gets away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed.
    Common sense required to access requested citation.

Common sense check failed. Citation denied.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    He didn't get any time for actually killing people. He got jail time for breaking his probation and fleeing the country.
    A very important point. Until he ran he was just stuck on house arrest. It wasn't until they gave him just enough rope to hang himself that he was punished at all. Essentially he killed a few people ruined several lives in the process, was driving 3 times the legal limit and the state grounded him.

Wish it was 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The last 100 years of history in Texas or other parts of the south. If you are foolish enough to think that being white didn't help a little and being rich obviously sealed the deal on him getting away with killing 4 people, driving 3 times the legal limit (while underage) and then fleeing the country, you are insane. Any one of those things would net most people a far larger punishment then he got, and due to his wealth he gets away with it.
    So, you have nothing, but emotions based on ignorance. Got it. I by no means agree with his punishment, or lack there of. I would be perfectly fine with him and people like him spending the rest of their lives in prison, but that's just not how it works. The only reason this story is still running is because he is a rich white guy.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Even in the netherlands he would have gotten longer.

So, you have nothing, but emotions based on ignorance. Got it. I by no means agree with his punishment, or lack there of. I would be perfectly fine with him and people like him spending the rest of their lives in prison, but that's just not how it works. The only reason this story is still running is because he is a rich white guy.
    So wait, 180 days is standard for invol. manslaughter in the US?

That is mental
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.orangecountyduilawyersblo...ing-penalties/

Come at me, bro.

Common sense check 2 failed.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    2 tier justice system working as intended.