Voters
65. This poll is closed
  • the players

29 44.62%
  • blizzard designing team

36 55.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Players always wanting an easy ride ruined it. Look at early Cataclysm as a prime example. Those dungeons were near perfect in skill requirements a few were a bit over the top. But the cry babies wanted faceroll.
    I think people genuinely like challenging dungeons. But the dungeons were challenging in the wrong way.

Take the "triage healing" for example. It felt like shit to be a healer in early Cata. Healing Heroic LK was harder than Cata dungeons, but healing it felt good. Healing Cata dungeons felt like you were near-useless.

Blame is squarely with Blizzard. It is their game, their choices and ultimately their fault its where it is now.

Other companies would love to have the size, loyalty and amount of feedback Blizzard gets from its customers. Blizzard have squandered and neglected it.

Also if you think the share holders, directors and executives are dialing back on their expectations for WoW just because the first evolution of it released 10 years ago, despite continuing to poor millions and years into development you are gravely mistaken.

Players don't create the game, we just play in the environment and stay within the rules set, or break them. I prefer to break them.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post

If any players ruined it, its people like you who always jump on those not at 'their level'.
    Well I wasn't a great player, I was in a guild who struggled with those early cata dungeons and raids. We worked together, we wiped and we learnt and grew as players until we were a strong guild. We could even carry those not at 'our level' in LFD by time we had begun clearing a few of the first raid bosses that tier. In fact I remember just queuing for fun because I enjoyed the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I actually believe that the "It's old" explanation is over used. Sure, it's a contributor to the issue, but I do feel it's used way more often than it's true.

WoD's launch showed that, a 10-year old game, the players were willing to come back to WoW and give it a chance.

And then came "Cyclical" excuse. Sure, some people will quickly get bored of it and leave, bound to happen when we push the numbers that high again - however I do not believe for a second that the quality of the expansion had less to do with the max-exodus than the "Cyclical" Excuse did.
    It's a 10 year old FRANCHISE not game. Call of Duty is a 13 year old game by that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's a 10 year old FRANCHISE not game. Call of Duty is a 13 year old game by that logic.
    I'm thinking the franchise started about a decade earlier than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides. A development team that is very slow and has not been able to visibly get much faster. Long periods of time with no updates.

On the other hand, the community is terrible and it's not very difficult to see why people are completely uninterested in being forced to play with strangers.

Mistakes, design misses, incomplete implementations: all true. A development group that tries too hard to please everyone instead of designing the game they believe in: that's true too. A great deal of the current state of the game is due to massive bitching about every little thing. That's on the players for the bitching; on the designers for putting too much weight on it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Be anal about it all you want. One can argue that the game is "World of Warcraft", one can argue that it's an entirely new game every time a new expansion is released "World of Warcraft: Active Expansion".

The common used excuse is that "The game is 10 year old, it's obvious the interest is going to be low!"; Thus how I described it.

Wow is far from a failure. It's a hugely popular and money making game. Name a game who at 10+ years out is still holding its head above water. The only failure is the unrealistic expectation of a few players.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW isn't dead. It isn't dying. There is no downfall, and such a thread isn't permitted here.