Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    The privilege of being "randomly" checked 100% of the time at airports. I'd be offended if I didn't enjoy being frisked so much.
    Eh, I'm a tall white dude. I've been "randomly selected" probably 10% of the time I've come into the US.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

way to go putin, stick it to those spineless americans. wonder if the pilot did give the middle finger at the americans though, that would be epic!

next time the americans fly over the south china sea (take a hint in the name, uncle sam), the Chinese should launch one of their anti aircraft missiles at the aircraft then detonate it out of harmful range to make the pilots wet themselves. Honestly if America's so called soldiers are getting scared over things like this, wonder what they are going to do if a real war broke out?

then again, they can't even beat ISIS, their own accidental creation turned upon them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Eh, I'm a tall white dude. I've been "randomly selected" probably 10% of the time I've come into the US.
    Omg stop oppressing me with all dat phat white privilege!

I'm a frequent flyer actually. Went to medical school in the Caribbean so you can imagine I went back and forth a lot. Family is all over the US as well so plenty of trips in that regard as well. I wish I was exaggerating when I say I've been stopped a handful of times but almost every single time and you know something is off.

So I just treat it like a game. The reactions of the TSA agents when you whisper "oh fuck yeah" or "a little bit higher" is priceless. Actually had this white couple once get furious over me being singled out and I was really touched by their reaction on my behalf.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We're entering an age where you could actually hack the opponent's vessel and make it crash without firing a missile. I'm not surprised they're hush hush about it. I think the normal people like us have no idea where the true front acutally lies at the moment.

I think the Chinese hacking US companies is just the tip of the iceberg.
    I posted a story 2 years ago (I'll have to dig it up) but the US has the ability to "turn off" Russian sensors, vehicles and air defenses via an electronic attack, at least ones of certain models. There was debate to using it if the US struck Syria over the "red line" but ultimately Obama decided not to.

here we go:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cyberwarriors/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    way to go putin, stick it to those spineless americans. wonder if the pilot did give the middle finger at the americans though, that would be epic!

next time the americans fly over the south china sea (take a hint in the name, uncle sam), the Chinese should launch one of their anti aircraft missiles at the aircraft then detonate it out of harmful range to make the pilots wet themselves. Honestly if America's so called soldiers are getting scared over things like this, wonder what they are going to do if a real war broke out?

then again, they can't even beat ISIS, their own accidental creation turned upon them.
    It's quite an accomplishment that you're able to take time away from writing erotic fan-fiction regarding Putin to make these silly statements with intent to aggravate. Teach me your ways senpai.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Only thing I found were a few reports mentioning this thing:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibin...ures_system%29

Doesn't really say that much about capabilities and cited sources are russian so eh.... but on the other hand I haven't heard any US or other western military experts say much about Russian electronic warfare capabilities in general, other than mentioning them as "potent". Fact is both western and russian militaries have been developing electronic warfare systems for years but have never tested them against each other, I think there's a lot of hush-hush from both sides since I guess neither side wants the other to know their real capabilities.
    And the think about this for a second, as an article in a link I posted brought up:

would Russia display what capabilities it does have on a glorified stunt? Would any country? Of course not.

Russia just buzzed the ship and that's it. Ulmita is living his fantasy to make up for his insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Omg stop oppressing me with all dat phat white privilege!

I'm a frequent flyer actually. Went to medical school in the Caribbean so you can imagine I went back and forth a lot. Family is all over the US as well so plenty of trips in that regard as well. I wish I was exaggerating when I say I've been stopped a handful of times but almost every single time and you know something is off.

So I just treat it like a game. The reactions of the TSA agents when you whisper "oh fuck yeah" or "a little bit higher" is priceless. Actually had this white couple once get furious over me being singled out and I was really touched by their reaction on my behalf.
    Don't take this the wrong way, because I wouldn't want you to change who you are for one second, but I think it's your beard judging from the pic. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The specific situation was extremely dangerous and provocative. No matter how many of them you hear laughing, pentagon spokesperson put it right on.
    As for Skroe schooling me i ll tell you this. What i enjoy most in these conversations is talking with Kell. He is a person with at least some military knowledge and understanding whats up. Skroe is a person who most probably hasn't even had basic army training - i doubt he has shot even a weapon on a target ever. Thus its very difficult to make that person understand that things don't work as he tries to make them look like from reading a few articles on the net. Its a guy that believes that the USA has the knowhow to shot a missile from one end of the plannet and hit the other end with single meter accuracy w/t using gps and that in a WW gps will work. I cant argue with that person. You from the other side, you make me laugh, as you try very hard to portray yourself as the sidekick of skroe and kell for quite a lot months now. You put a smile on my face. Lastly, dude, due to the nature of my work i have to afk days in a row.
    And yet he constantly shows you links to back up his claims with all the things you just mentioned with you usually backpedaling to your always predictable "nukes" defense.

No, I just laugh at your persistence to prop a failing and massively corrupt Russia up on your shoulders and I equally support Kell/Skroe in their usual defense of shutting you down. If you want to view me as a sidekick, that's fine. You don't really insult me by saying that.

Also, your post is one big irony.

I bet my left nut they took prettier =)
    How's this? This is the USS Cook. It was released today.

You know how put that out? The US Navy.

Here's a helicopter view (older) from... the US Navy. Probably what the Su-24s saw

You were saying something about your left nut?

You don't know what can be fitted in an Su-24. Also your second sentence is extremely fallacious. You are dreaming actually.
    The pictures posted show them unarmed equipped from the fuel tanks, so we actually exactly have an idea of what the Su-24 was carrying. Russia doesn't have invisible aircraft pods.

You sound mad (and for an "adult" you assume too much -- pro tip©) I would be mad too if the armed forces of my country were ridiculed so much, for the second time in a row.
    As others pointed out, keeping on repeating something doesn't make it true. But the other guys took you to the shed already over this. =D
    We are not talking about coming close to the ship as in a mile dude. We are talking about 30 feet here. Do you know how far is 30 feet skroe? I doubt you do.
    75 feet, not 30. And look at the picture above. That's about 150, give or take. Russia isn't collecting squat.

But sure keep living the fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The pictures posted show them unarmed equipped from the fuel tanks, so we actually exactly have an idea of what the Su-24 was carrying. Russia doesn't have invisible aircraft pods.
    No, I'm pretty sure Russia's superior technology unfolds into a death machine with tons of guns like I saw in the Transformers movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Russia's superior technology unfolds into a death machine with tons of guns like I saw in the Transformers movie.
    Actually, I'd totally join Warsaw Pact 2.0 if that were true. The US military always loses against bots.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post

Ah, the internet.... no matter how obscure the idea, you'll find it.

Never change, internet.

Actually, I'd totally join Warsaw Pact 2.0 if that were true. The US military always loses against bots.
    We have an app for that.

Not really.

Maybe one day.

But it won't look nearly as awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We have an app for that.

Not really.

Maybe one day.

But it won't look nearly as awesome.
    Oh, I don't know. We're pretty close to it, and I think the concept is awesome as heck already. I like the slomo:

The technology is there and with nuclear powered vessels, who knows... why not? Soon-ish?

I'm disappointed that just doesn't transform into Stalin.

...forum messed up: Referring to Skroe's transformer picture

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm disappointed that just doesn't transform into Stalin.

...forum messed up: Referring to Skroe's transformer picture
    Pshh, Stalin... why Stalin when you could have this beast:

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Jets do NOT fly within 30' of anything unless they're landing...
    Or do they?

https://youtu.be/RVgtZVhMzro?t=58s

Oh, I don't know. We're pretty close to it, and I think the concept is awesome as heck already. I like the slomo:

The technology is there and with nuclear powered vessels, who knows... why not? Soon-ish?
    http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/15/r...t-class-ships/

Oh it's happening.

One thing I mentioned before elsehwere is that one of the big things the Navy has been doing the past decade and a half is making sure it's ships are net-energy producers. Older generations of ships produces less power than all their systems needed if they were all turned on at once, so it had to turn on and turn off. Current and future ships are all big net energy producers, often double or trouple their consumption.

Why? Things like this. And if you're an aircraft carrier, one day, a battery powered drone.

From a historic perspective this makes a load of sense. As soon as VLS systems appeared, ships that didn't have VLS, even advanced ships that were young like the Virginia Class cruiser, all were prematurely retired to make way for an all-VLS surface destroyer/crusier fleet. I think it's easy to see the same thing happening: if rail guns (and laser) come to be a key part of the Navy's arsenel as part of the Third Offset Strategy (and they are), then any ship that doesn't produce sufficient electrical energy to use them will be made obsolete by it.

One thing the Navy is doing to help is make existing ships more efficient. All the DDG-51s (like the Donald Cook), for example, are bieng retrofitted with Hybrid Electric Drives that will power the ship under 13 knots, allowing the gas turbine engines to be reserved for faster speeds (where they are most efficient).

https://news.usni.org/2015/09/23/nav...ring-next-year

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Sure did. Did you not see that its from an obviously biased American publication?
    I suppose its possible the ship flew near the plane....