Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post
    Or just put a game in the game.Go trough Caverns of time portal and play Vanilla, come out with your Itemlevel 80 Epics as 710 epics with the timewalking stamp on it.

Seems simple, impossible to do sadly.
    This is a good point aswell. How many people run around in there trolling for the lols because its free. Basicly using it as a non-modded chatroom

I don't even think people want legacy servers in particular.
    The quality of that time is what many people want.
    The game was once a super Transformers Action Figure and is now a My Little Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    That's how you define someone with different taste to you? This is why the thread went downhill pretty much from page 1.
    What do you want from me?

Do I some how have control over Blizzard? They said no, you say yes, I say no, Blizzards answer is still no.

I didn't win this argument, but you have already lost it, simply because Blizzard has already said no.

Earth to MorBrownz, find someone else to convince.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    There was over 150,000 active players on Nost. Players do want legacy servers. You can't argue with facts and figures, sorry.
    I had a conversation recently with a friend who thought that Bonus rolls should give you a piece of loot every single time. His mere existence as a Player does not mean that it should be done which is essentially the argument you're making. Blizzard never said no players don't want vanilla servers, they said enough players don't want vanilla servers(and on top of that even if there were they're not sure it's a good idea for the game/company). Which you cannot argue with the irrefutable fact that Blizzard posses not only the same information you do as far as Nost's population(probably knows is far better than you do actually) but has a huge advantage about blizzard's costs, maintenance, and a much broader market analysis which is all info you either can't obtain or don't have. That doesn't mean they can't be wrong but what it does mean is that you came to this pissing contest against someone with a 2mile long dick and you've got a micro penis. You're not even in the same league to judge whether legacy servers are a smart business move for blizz.

Secondly If you think Nost has objectively proven anything other than the fact that the interest exists, something that was never in question in the first place, and actually objectively proves that it's a worthy profitable endeavor for blizzard to undertake then you need to have your head examined and look up what objective means because I do not think it means what you think it means.

You don't make a logic, reasoned, economical, rational decision. You're throwing a tantrum because someone wont give you something you want.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-04-14 at 04:07 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

You can play Offical WoW for free.PTR, big scene for RP.Some people even level.It's almost permanently online now.Maybe even a joker, so blizz can use it for their numbers.
    If you get in WoW, you can play it just from making enough gold.P-Servers being free sure is a factor, but i'ts not that big of an argument anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    ~ Snip ~
    My bad for not knowing who it was, I haven't watched the actual video in a long time or know what he looks like.

Also they've posted before that they've considered it, there were Blizzard posts about it in 2008. And every iteration is almost never "No", because anyone knows they've considered it in the past. The question and answer is never as blunt as "Will it" and "No". They give responses as to why it's not worth it, and that is not a no. If they flat out said no -- never, and it wasn't just an exception I'd concede. But it's forever been "Is it worth it", and the answer to THAT is "Not right now". It's not hard to understand, Blizzard doesn't see (for now) any reason to do legacy servers. They want to focus on what's going to make them more money while still providing a sense of progression with retail.

It's always been about if it's worth it, and once it is (when WoW is finally down further than it is now) -- you'll see legacy servers. I've always held this stance, and until Blizzard suddenly comes out and says otherwise... They've been keeping to this idea as well.

My desire to play on a private server was always neutralized by paranoia of having my system or actual WoW account compromised in some manner.

Blizz should just throw up a few Vanilla servers and charge people like $5/month extra to access them.

Offer no support or patching and sell it as an "as is" experience.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Deflike View Post
    Complete bullshit.
    Because Blizzard hates money right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    My desire to play on a private server was always neutralized by paranoia of having my system or actual WoW account compromised in some manner.

Blizz should just throw up a few Vanilla servers and charge people like $5/month extra to access them.

Offer no support or patching and sell it as an "as is" experience.
    $15 for retail account subscription + $15 for legacy subscription and you must pay both to access the legacy servers.

So, $15 a month for players that don't want legacy, and $30 a month for those that do.

Then, perhaps it will be cost-effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    ~ Snip ~
    This would do nothing but promote the death of legacy servers. Why would anyone pay double to play any MMORPG? Retail would die if you had people pay $30 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    My bad for not knowing who it was, I haven't watched the actual video in a long time or know what he looks like.

Also they've posted before that they've considered it, there were Blizzard posts about it in 2008. And every iteration is almost never "No", because anyone knows they've considered it in the past. The question and answer is never as blunt as "Will it" and "No". They give responses as to why it's not worth it, and that is not a no. If they flat out said no -- never, and it wasn't just an exception I'd concede. But it's forever been "Is it worth it", and the answer to THAT is "Not right now". It's not hard to understand, Blizzard doesn't see (for now) any reason to do legacy servers. They want to focus on what's going to make them more money while still providing a sense of progression with retail.

It's always been about if it's worth it, and once it is (when WoW is finally down further than it is now) -- you'll see legacy servers. I've always held this stance, and until Blizzard suddenly comes out and says otherwise... They've been keeping to this idea as well.
    I love how you just gloss right over how almost everything you posted was wrong.

Blizzard always says "No, not in the future, maybe" and stuff like that.Things still happen.

This would do nothing but promote the death of legacy servers. Why would anyone pay double to play any MMORPG? Retail would die if you had people pay $30 a month.
    I donno, you read a lot of the legacy fanboy comments and they would gladly pay double for it.

Why would we suddenly pay double for a service they already provide? You are the one wanting a niche experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    I donno, you read a lot of the legacy fanboy comments and they would gladly pay double for it.

Why would we suddenly pay double for a service they already provide? You are the one wanting a niche experience.
    It was a comparison that no matter what experience you provide, $30 wouldn't work.

It was a comparison that no matter what experience you provide, $30 wouldn't work.
    How about 25? I mean if they do offer it, it's not going to be for free, so are you suggesting you get legacy and current at the same price? This is why Blizzard can't justify saying yes for legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Only money that hasn't been bathed in the tears of its former owner.
    But tears clean off the fecal matter... In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    How about 25? I mean if they do offer it, it's not going to be for free, so are you suggesting you get legacy and current at the same price? This is why Blizzard can't justify saying yes for legacy.
    Obviously it wouldn't be free as that would be stupid, but there really is no reason to force someone to play legacy for $30. I mean sure, there can be some sense in forcing an individual to pay $15 separately if they want to play retail or legacy. But it's really non-sensible to push the price up on one end, and not another.

Idk why people think Bliz would raise sub prices for legacy servers, that would split their playerbase, something they wouldn't want. Basically the same reason they wouldn't want legacy servers at this time. This wouldn't be something they wouldn't do until WoW has no more expansions coming out. It'd be added as a feature just like CRZ or LFR was. People saying it wouldn't be cost effective, first of all you don't know that and I doubt Bliz does. Second, it'd be cost effective when WoW is done and people start leaving. You'd essentially be releasing a new game at an extremely low cost.

Deleted
    I can't believe this conversation is still going on after almost 800 pages... Especially when it's so clear.
    1. Blizzard had every right to shut down the private server and
    2. Blizzard will never implement vanilla servers (though I said this about tokens as well).
    Blizzard will probably come up with some kind of timewalking system to relevel or revisit vanilla/tbc content, but it won't be as the original experience but a more polished one (see Diablo 3 rebirth) and will maybe have a cycle in it so the rebirth has only vanilla at first, then tbc etc.
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2016-04-14 at 04:39 AM.

Obviously it wouldn't be free as that would be stupid, but there really is no reason to force someone to play legacy for $30. I mean sure, there can be some sense in forcing an individual to pay $15 separately if they want to play retail or legacy. But it's really non-sensible to push the price up on one end, and not another.
    So you are saying a few 100k players are going to earn Blizzard a profit after the investment?

Blizzard can't just slap a server in the corner and charge people to play on it, it has to work with the new hardware and systems that run it now, plus iron out bugs, have customer service, maintenance ect..

They could add an event for 2 weeks that dropped a sweet mount and cool xmog gear, and get metric-fuck-ton of resubs, for a lot less effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Idk why people think Bliz would raise sub prices for legacy servers, that would split their playerbase, something they wouldn't want. Basically the same reason they wouldn't want legacy servers at this time. This wouldn't be something they wouldn't do until WoW has no more expansions coming out. It'd be added as a feature just like CRZ or LFR was. People saying it wouldn't be cost effective, first of all you don't know that and I doubt Bliz does. Second, it'd be cost effective when WoW is done and people start leaving. You'd essentially be releasing a new game at an extremely low cost.
    Exactly, they don't want to compete with their own game, so if you'd want to play you'd have to pay more.

Sure it does, since at least double the amount of players would play retail as to legacy, and legacy would cost at least the same as a regular expansion to re-create, they need to offset the cost somehow.

That cost should be pushed on to those that will use the servers, not to those that aren't going to use them, so make the legacy players pay double.