Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    But do they have a legal copy of the server license? Its kinda like yeah you have a license to Windows 7 but do you have a license to Windows Server 2012.
    I doubt what he said was true because when i called him out on it he went dead silent

wasnt nostralius going to shut down shortly anyway because of lack of funds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    I think they actually oficially shut down a day or two before they got shut down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    That article is from 2014 however. Right around the time they where changing the laws
    And I can assure you, no changes in the law have been made. You can easily check yourself here (but it's in Dutch).

BTW. Still waiting for you to provide some text about the CJEU prosecuting citizens for online piracy, which you claimed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans Koomen View Post
    And I can assure you, no changes in the law have been made. You can easily check yourself here (but it's in Dutch).

BTW. Still waiting for you to provide some text about the CJEU prosecuting citizens for online piracy, which you claimed?
    I cant really translate that using google. It just amoutns to gibberish. But in the end if it isnt changed now its going to be very soon. That or your coutnry is just going to be paying for every single violation of copyright infringement until it does. As i said its illegal in Europe, and it is Your country is just dragging it along as long as they can

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do you assume I'm angry?

Edit: I think these responses are GOLDEN! They show me I struck a nerve.
    You're banned, so you can't respond, but you shouldn't flatter yourself by think that you personally have "struck a nerve". This entire thread is about something that "struck a nerve".

Plenty of people who are passionate about the idea of legacy servers don't necessarily support piracy or play on private servers at all. Such people are just passionate about World of Warcraft's greatest era (Vanilla and the first two expansions IMO), this server shutdown just brought a lot of those feelings to a boiling point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    I like how Blizzard and the sycophant part of the fanbase act like old expansion servers are a garbage idea and nobody would play them yet stuff like this happens. When a team actually makes a competent private server, people flock to it in the tens of thousands, and Blizzard feels threatened. Not shitting on their right to defend their IP but shitting all over the people who want private servers is a fucking joke.

It's honestly pretty pathetic behavior to malign people who want old expansion servers simply because it isn't something you have any interest in.

Pic unrelated: not me for any genius who looks at my post:
    I agree with you completely, and I have never even considered touching a private server.

I understand completely why Blizzard doesn't want private servers - it's their sub money that's not being paid.

What I don't understand is the random fanboys diving in to beat the horse. They trumpet "NO-ONE LIKES VANILLA SERVERS", "THEY'RE SUCH A WASTE OF TIME" etc, etc, ad infinitum.

K. I guess that's why they're so popular. Because so many people are playing them, so many in fact that Blizzard feels obliged to jump in and kill the fun.

Just drop it with all the "it's all nostalgia" bullshit. Not even joking, I swear that anyone who parrots that either A) hasn't played Vanilla or B) is so pathetically infantile that they can't understand that other people might actually enjoy different things about WoW than themselves. It's a little sad to watch.

Deleted
    I think they actually oficially shut down a day or two before they got shut down
    Nope. It was posted by some troll a while ago and got debunked fast.

Just stop trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not the case. A shutdown being imminent even before the Blizzhammer came down was a rumor. There were definitely rising server costs they were having difficulty meeting, but there was never anything said about shutting down. Nostalrius shutdown on Sunday, April 10, which is I think 4 days (not positive) after Blizzard sent the letter.

Deleted
    I cant really translate that using google. It just amoutns to gibberish. But in the end if it isnt changed now its going to be very soon. That or your coutnry is just going to be paying for every single violation of copyright infringement until it does. As i said its illegal in Europe, and it is Your country is just dragging it along as long as they can
    From the PC World article: "The ban is based on civil law, which means that Dutch law enforcement authorities won’t be in charge of enforcing it." Even if the law be changed, for Dutch citizens not much will change. I guess that's why there is no hurry in changing the law.

About the bolded part, you explicitly claimed Holland and as proven it's still not illegal (even though it should be).

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    Welcome to 3 days ago and some 700 pages or so.

No.
    (Operating costs were covered for the next 3 months - until end of June - and 3 months was the only chunk of time that could be payed for at a time on the provider)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Plenty of people who are passionate about the idea of legacy servers don't necessarily support piracy or play on private servers at all. Such people are just passionate about World of Warcraft's greatest era (Vanilla and the first two expansions IMO), this server shutdown just brought a lot of those feelings to a boiling point.
    This so much, but every discussion is being killed with the same nonsense by the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by joesmoed View Post
    If it really is a Nostralius player, blizz deserves the attack for not listening to their fans.
    A DDoS attack is a felony. Blizzard deserves to be subjected to serious criminal attack? No person with any moral sense could believe that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Nope. It was posted by some troll a while ago and got debunked fast.

Just stop trolling.
    Are you saying my post was trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frans Koomen View Post
    From the PC World article: "The ban is based on civil law, which means that Dutch law enforcement authorities won’t be in charge of enforcing it." Even if the law be changed, for Dutch citizens not much will change. I guess that's why there is no hurry in changing the law.

About the bolded part, you explicitly claimed Holland and as proven it's still not illegal (even though it should be).
    I actually explicitly claimed EU and you said no Thats what started this discussion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A DDoS attack is a felony. Blizzard deserves to be subjected to serious criminal attack? No person with any moral sense could believe that.
    Its not the case here.

Attack is done by some script kiddies against Blizzard and Sony servers to promote their ddos services. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-servers-DDoS

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying my post was trolling?
    Yep. Making up rumors to cause outrage = trolling.

Its not the case here.

Attack is done by some script kiddies against Blizzard and Sony servers to promote their ddos services. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-servers-DDoS
    It's not the case what?

These are felons advertising a criminal service?

They're cruising for decades in prison if they keep this up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the case here.

I think it's super important to underline this part. I certainly does not support DDos, which is even more frustrating as the people playing on Nost were looking to open discussions about the topic - not attack Blizzard to get revenge.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Its not the case here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Making up rumors to cause outrage = trolling.
    I'm not. Where did you get that idea? But you do realise its against this sites rules to call someone out on trolling or call them a troll ?

besides from what i can read at least on wiki, that is not what trolling is
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-04-14 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Blizz will start a private server. You pay the monthly fee to get access to it, along with the retail version. That's all what matters. They get their monthly fee!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's not the case what?
    No, I mean Nost people have nothing to do with that. Post you quoted implied that its a revenge attack by Nost people, while facts are completely different.