• Only Vanilla Server

6 19.35%
  • Only TBC Server

2 6.45%
  • Both and an option to Migrate to TBC after reaching max Level

23 74.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I chose both :P i loved both expansions and i would play them again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyrazen View Post
    You think you want to be able to say no, but you dont
    Lock and ban inc

7+ Year Old Account
    No it would not help the game. It would only be a massive headache for Blizzard.

Fuck yeah they worth it. I'd even see the old expansions to get more dungeons and raids, if they won't butcher the old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Wheres the NO option?

you don't go to a car company asking them to bring back a old car and get it.

leave the past in the past

Nostalgia is powerful, but it will be ruined. as i know today how bad vanilla wow was, but when i played it then, it was the best thing. i rather keep my memories good ones
    You can still buy used cars, or shit, even older cars that are new and just been sitting around. Bad comparison is bad.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both!

I would love to play all the version of WOW.

If I couldnt go back and play CIV4 I would be a sad panda ... luckily I can. Just wish the same for WOW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Both!

I would love to play all the version of WOW.

If I couldnt go back and play CIV4 I would be a sad panda ... luckily I can. Just wish the same for WOW.
    I wish i could be back in the 90s, can i have it? NO so get over it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 pages, yet so many "U THINK U DO BUT U DONT" posts. There really is no downside to opening up a few servers per expansion, dedicate a very, very small team to fix bugs, fine tune some things. Everyone is satisfied.

A paying customer is a paying customer.

Until then, those who prefer old content will have to do it through third parties in which Blizzard receives no benefit.

nope

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrazen View Post
    So, with the shutdown of Nostalrius and the HUGE Community backlash. Do you think adding Legacy Servers would help the game? And why?
    No it would not. Legacy servers do not add anything significantly beneficial to the live game since the community there typically won't be playing legacy stuff to get other people to start retail, but to just recruit more players for that locked content server. In the end this actually detracts from the WoW community because then you have a group of players that are content on stagnant ideas that seek to only more closely return the game to <insert old expansion here>. The game needs members of the community that help push the game forward by contributing new ideas, not old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You can still buy used cars, or shit, even older cars that are new and just been sitting around. Bad comparison is bad.
    except used cars are that, they are used, in worse condition and generally a worse car to have then a brand new one....

if you have the option of a new car vs a old car, 99.9% will choose the new car....because it is BETTER

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Only 2 pages, yet so many "U THINK U DO BUT U DONT" posts. There really is no downside to opening up a few servers per expansion, dedicate a very, very small team to fix bugs, fine tune some things. Everyone is satisfied.

A paying customer is a paying customer.

Until then, those who prefer old content will have to do it through third parties in which Blizzard receives no benefit.
    Just because you're a paying customer doesn't mean you get any iteration of the game/content ideas/rewards simply because you pay. That's just entitlement.

Who knows, maybe there is no downside, but what is the upside of doing this in relation to the live game? Absolutely nothing. The lack of a downside =/= a positive reason to do it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I wish i could be back in the 90s, can i have it? NO so get over it!
    But you can play games from the 90's - various ways to do so.

No, please stop beating the dead horse before it turns into a zombie please? Zombie ponies aren't fun at all nor do they accomplish anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    It would divide the community and take even more people away from the main game. People who want to play on vanilla servers are still a minority and Blizzard isn't going to take away from their current stuff to appease those people chasing nostalgia. It could happen one day but I don't think it'll happen soon unless Blizzard gets desperate. Maybe when the game is on it's (actual) last legs.

The whole "you think you do but you don't" thing is actually valid. Most people just want their old feelings back but what they don't realize is that, for most people anyways, it was the time period as much as the game itself. Maybe they had lots of friends to play with (that might not play anymore), maybe they were young, the game was new and exciting and full of wonder, etc. There are a lot of factors and the current game is so much more polished and complex than vanilla. I don't think a lot of people realize that. I'd love to venture into vanilla again and relive some of those old memories BUT I don't think I'd stay forever and I can see why Blizz doesn't want to risk it.

It's entirely possible that WoW comes back from their sub loss. But they have to focus on the main game and create what people want and get them to stay throughout the expansion. WoD saw 10 millions subs. Just imagine if they made something so great that most of those subs stayed. I don't think they want to say fuck it while there's still hope.
    Those who prefer old content are currently playing old content, just not through Blizzard. Most are not subbed currently because they do not enjoy the current content, there would be no big "divide" between players since those players aren't even on retail in the first place.

The game has been "on its last leg" since the end of MoP. We're down to vanilla numbers, Blizzard doesn't even want to share sub numbers anymore. The state of the game right now is more comparable to being on the death bed surrounded only by its most dedicated fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Just because you're a paying customer doesn't mean you get any iteration of the game/content ideas/rewards simply because you pay. That's just entitlement.

Who knows, maybe there is no downside, but what is the upside of doing this in relation to the live game? Absolutely nothing. The lack of a downside =/= a positive reason to do it.
    The upside is more money for blizzard. My "A paying customer is a paying customer" did not mean all who pay are entitled to everything they wish, it means Blizzard should welcome anyone willing to pay to play any version of their game with open arms. Instead, they hold their pride above all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Poll fail. Needs a "Stuff your legacy servers up your ass" option.

That's got my vote already!!

Awsome manipulation of opinions at the poll, like ppl have said before me.

Did not vote at all, sine I would have said "No"

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The upside is more money for blizzard. My "A paying customer is a paying customer" did not mean all who pay are entitled to everything they wish, it means Blizzard should welcome anyone willing to pay to play any version of their game with open arms. Instead, they hold their pride above all.
    A problem with Blizz getting enough money is that we have no actual way to determine if this would really be the case or not so even that upside is highly debatable and has been discussed ad nauseam in other legacy/vanilla threads.

Legacy Thread? Check.
    No "No" voting option? Check.
    This thread is new and intzeresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Awsome manipulation of opinions at the poll, like ppl have said before me.

Did not vote at all, sine I would have said "No"
    Plus, why does every legacy idea/poll only focus on Vanilla, BC, & Wrath? I'm not big into the legacy idea, but if I was it certainly only wouldn't be restricted to the first 3 iterations of the game.