Poll: World Quest, Do you like this IDEA?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good idea but I don't like the idea of "Top Tier Raid Loot" as a reward.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great. Over 300 quests. At least they won't be repeated often until you hit at least 3 months in.

I guess people will complain though since "OMFG I HAVE TO DO STUFF!!??!?!?!?!?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    your poll options could be a bit less biased, but its not really about the poll anyway.

do i like the new concept of World Quests? sure, i guess. i mean on paper they sound interesting.

the real question is, will they feel ultra grindy when i get to try them out? because truthfully if they end up feeling incredibly grindy for any meaningful reward, then i will end up hating World Quests, just the same way i hate Apexis farming, or worse "go to this area and fill up this bar for reward".

filling up a bar that has no impact on the area (things respawned moments after i destroyed/took/killed stuff) made my efforts feel pointless, all for a rather meaningless reward.
    It is true what you are saying, but I think that the Solution is this kind of Content but that Leave the Player with Choises what/which to do.

It should be more about the Content and the Fun/challenging factor then just about the reward, if you ask me I would love to get less "resoruces; items and other reward" if the quests are funny and Immersive.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are world quests? Same as daily table quests from Garrison? Hopefully not, as those were shit and I did about 5 of them over a year, lulz.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Don't you KNOW that using capital letters in retarded places is the NEW hot thing? I SEE it especially in COMIC STrips by YOUNGER authors!

It CAN kindly die IN a fire.
    Brp, What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What are world quests? Same as daily table quests from Garrison? Hopefully not, as those were shit and I did about 5 of them over a year, lulz.
    read the front page

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    well, it gives us something to do every single day.
    and that is awesome.
    It is the Key to everything, we want stuff to do every single day, "Choise and a lot of Content" is Awesome indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, depending on how they play out this could be a great source of related side-stories and level 100 quest progression. The idea of having PvP quest objectives again is also nice, and could encourage players who were alienated in MoP and WoD by the massive gear disparities between someone just starting out and someone who'd been PvPing all expansion creating all but an insurmountable gap until you've been HK-farmed to a full set of last season's gear to give PvP another shot. Depending on how desirable the PvP world quests are, this could also be a shot in the arm for world PvP.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Need to see what they are really like and how they are implemented on live...

Apexis daily and garrison campaign quests were pushed by the devs as something similair.... "A reason to keep going back into the world zones". "New quests and lore throughout the expansion". Apexis quests were boring as hell and there was nothing worth spending apexis on for anyone until tanaan jungle came along and made them useful to the LFR crowd. Garrison campaign quests offered very limited content each week and were finished early in the xpac.

I'd hope and imagine those mistakes have been learned from.
    It looks like they have learned there lesson from the past, but its to early to state this 100%, lets just keep our hopes up and support Blizzard with all of our Hearts ^^

At least they have mine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If you look around this subforum, Mafic just takes every single feature and tries to paint it as being the same with something in WoD. I'm sure if Blizzard gave us 50 dungeons on launch he'd say something "yeah but they're the same style of dungeons (trash->bosses->loot) that we had in WoD".

I mean I'm all for people being skeptical about Legion (after what we got with WoD), but at some point just using the same expressions (trying to turn them into memes) like Garrison 2.0 for Order Halls etc turns you into a caricature.
    I agree with you complatly... those that Hate... will keep on doing so, and even try to turn something "WHITE" into "gray/black" even if there is no reason for it.

Let just keep our Voice up and show Blizzard how much we love this, cheers for your words mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    HAs anyone hit 110 yet on alpha and tried them out?
    YEAH, tell us, tell us, tell us, we want more info ^^

PS: you Lucky Alpha doges :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post
    Good idea but I don't like the idea of "Top Tier Raid Loot" as a reward.
    yeah, I agree, Blizzard should focus on something else as Rewards, but again, Blizzard said that there will be Rare boss World Quests and that would be group content, so maybe it could incentice guild progression and grouping people togeather

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Sounds great. Over 300 quests. At least they won't be repeated often until you hit at least 3 months in.

I guess people will complain though since "OMFG I HAVE TO DO STUFF!!??!?!?!?!?!"
    haha, man! I just enjoy your comments so much, "OMFG i have to do stuff!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!" YOU KNOW WHAT, blizzard should just stop listening to these people... if some one want to play "WORLD of Warcraft" because there is less stuff to do, they... dont have a clue what an MMORPG is about.

And again, who want less in there game? its like you buy a game in the stor, but you go like "hey, I wanted less in this game" WTF, who in there right mind would think that... hahahaha

well, WE WANT MORE, MUCH MORE!!!! ^^

KEEP this up blizzard, GIVE US A ZUNAMI OF CONTENT... that will wash over the World!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    read the front page
    No Offence but just read his signature "My Gold makes blog"..... what more can we Expect ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to make it simple, it is MAX LEVEL content, that will give you many Choises to PVE/PVP and other kind of Quests all over the Broken isels, this will give you many cool and great Rewards, there will be Solo quests and group quests.

and there are over 300 different quests that will make things new and fresh, blizzard as also said that they will bring more Content for this system in future patches.

Hope this is what you asked for,

if not, let us know

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea sounds nice.

But then again, the idea behind Apexis zone quests you complete however you saw fit sounded nice on paper too.

It's the implementation that will decide whether they suck or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Yes, depending on how they play out this could be a great source of related side-stories and level 100 quest progression. The idea of having PvP quest objectives again is also nice, and could encourage players who were alienated in MoP and WoD by the massive gear disparities between someone just starting out and someone who'd been PvPing all expansion creating all but an insurmountable gap until you've been HK-farmed to a full set of last season's gear to give PvP another shot. Depending on how desirable the PvP world quests are, this could also be a shot in the arm for world PvP.
    and with the Prestige Honor leveling system, it will be soooooo amazing to have World PVP quests!

Great input and HYPE is at it peaks

Deleted
    On the fence...

On one hand I think the system is solid.

On the other the rewards attached to it sound outrageous and game breaking.

I think the system is good but I would cap it to the base level of a mythic dungeon not a mythic raid myself. I worry that attaching such strong rewards to easy content will cause patches to wear thin even quicker then before.

Deleted
    I like the idea. But i have to check the implementation.

If we finally get a open world full of adventures and missions that offer great loot and rewarding gameplay, it would be amazing.

And if its not just the recycled levelup experience..
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-14 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    On the other the rewards attached to it sound outrageous and game breaking.
    Have we actually seen info on that anywhere? Or has it just been blown out of proportion?

Have we actually seen info on that anywhere? Or has it just been blown out of proportion?
    The post mentions that "high end raid gear" will be available, but not in what quantities, what frequency, or with what difficulty.
    So naturally people assume it means you can collect 10 bear asses and get a fully upgraded legendary ring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Greetings everyone! In the next test build we will be unlocking the World Quests feature, which will play a major role in the endgame content of Legion.

At BlizzCon, we spoke briefly about World Quests, and since then we have been busy adding and iterating on this system. We now have well over 300 World Quests ready for testing. Before you dive in on the test realms, we’ve got details for you.

What are World Quests?
    World Quests represent our new approach to end game questing, with a few key differences from other systems such as daily quests.

First, you don’t have to head to a daily quest hub to gather up quests. Once you’ve unlocked World Quests, simply open up your map and look around. You will see a variety of things to do, including which loot and reputation gains you can earn from each activity. You’ll plan your adventure, then head out into the wilds.

Second, World Quests encompass many types of gameplay. World Quests will show you quests, rare elite spawns, rare spawns, pet battles, outdoor PvP activities, world bosses, special dungeon activities, profession activities, and more. Want to know what there is to do in Azeroth today? Just open your map!

Third, and perhaps most importantly, World Quests aren’t daily. Some World Quests will stick around for a week, such as world bosses, while others will rotate every three hours, such as PvP towers. Our goal is for your map to be an evolving landscape of engagements throughout the day, where interesting things can pop up periodically, rather than on a strictly daily basis.

What are Emissaries?
    Emissaries are the representatives of the major factions in Legion. Each day, you’ll receive a new emissary quest which will automatically appear on your map of Broken Isles.

To complete the Emissary quest, simply finish four World Quests that are associated with that faction. This will reward you with a lucrative cache of loot. Most World Quest types will satisfy this requirement, allowing you to choose which activities best fit your gameplay style.

Each Emissary quest will be available for three days. If you forgot to log in yesterday, that emissary quest will be available for two more days, and you’ll also have a new one. You can have up to three Emissary quests active at once.

I believe loot was mentioned?
    Yes! World Quests provide many types of loot, including toys, mounts, battle pets, and even power items. While many items are still works in progress, our main goal here is to provide you with a variety of activities and rewards that will evolve with your character, keeping World Quests viable for a long time.

How are World Quests unlocked?
    As soon as you hit level 110, World Quests will become available to you.

We’re looking forward to your feedback on this feature. Please bring it here to this new discussion forum so that we can talk as we test World Quests with you.

Thanks!

I'm assuming by next build you don't mean the one today? As it wasn't mentioned in design notes
    Yes, World Quests are in the build coming today.

You will be able to level to 110.

Oh, and World PvP objectives are a part of World Quests? YESSS, love it. @Holinka Just hope it won't be queued or phased.
    Most of them are open FFA arenas, sometimes involving riding a goat. Embrace the world PvP! (Muffinus)

Will reason be provided as to why our characters will do them? Like, how do they know things are going on on the map?
    Quest text will be given to you via a Talking Head when you start/finish the quest, and are tied to the zone's quest story. (Muffinus)

For those of us who hate PvP more than GC hated Paladins, I assume the PvP objectives are fully optional?
    Both PvEvP (PvE that flags you) and full PvP objectives will be available. Both grant honor. (Muffinus)
    That's not my question. Can I complete all reputation besides the inevitable PvP one with just pure PvE quests?
    Yes (there is currently no PvP reputation). (Muffinus)

Legion : Worlds Quests
    Currently, World Quests can drop power items all the way up to top-tier raid loot.

With the usual caveat that the frequency, distribution, and item levels possible are in a very early state and subject to change.

More challenging content will have a higher chance at an awesome or unique reward. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I still don't see how this is new. I mean we had the garrison campaigns, we had Bran and Harrison quests, we had the events on world map...
    They just shuffled it together. The question here is if they will be worth it while raiding, doing dungeons etc.

Deleted
    From the mouth of blizzard the rewards can be top level gear of current content. Maybe its a 1/100 or 1/1000 chance but at least currently the plan seems to be that the chance of gear like that is included in the system.

Again I like the system it is the rewards attached to it I take issue with.

If activities don't have comparable rewards, people will only do the highest rewarding activity and then complain there's nothing else to do.
    Blizzard's experiment in this expansion seems to be making multiple playstyles all award the exact same items. You can get best in slot gear by raiding, or by doing dungeons, or by doing world quests.
    It seems very likely that some of these paths will be faster or more convenient than others, but I am very interested to see how this works to combat the feeling of "only raiding is worthwhile".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If activities don't have comparable rewards, people will only do the highest rewarding activity and then complain there's nothing else to do.
    Blizzard's experiment in this expansion seems to be making multiple playstyles all award the exact same items. You can get best in slot gear by raiding, or by doing dungeons, or by doing world quests.
    It seems very likely that some of these paths will be faster or more convenient than others, but I am very interested to see how this works to combat the feeling of "only raiding is worthwhile".
    That problem only exists from lfr though making all other content but raiding irrelevant.

Call me cynical but I expect the people who whine that raiding is the only thing that gives "good' gear will be some of the very first to either quit from getting gear and/or complain gear isn't dropping fast enough.