Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    While I agree that one shouldn't break the law, sending someone to jail for life over a plant that's personally used is asinine.
    36 plants is not "for personal use".

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    Nobody is telling anyone to be calm about it, you can be loud, and convincing, without actually breaking the law, how did slavery stop, did the protestors just kidnap the slaves, did that end it? What about the law against homosexuality, did they have a same sex cumfest outside? Marriege between homosexuals, did they just started to marry a bunch of gays and said, this is how its gonna be and now we're legally married?

Not all countries have it as "easy" as the other, but throwing a toddler tantrum and doing what you want to do because you want it and you think it's ok, isn't going to make anything happen. If you're not able to understand that then I don't know.
    Most of these changes instead had a lot of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Guy gets life for weed, other guy gets 2 years for killing 4 people. #justice
    This sums up how fucked up the justice system is.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Nobody is telling anyone to be calm about it, you can be loud, and convincing, without actually breaking the law, how did slavery stop, did the protestors just kidnap the slaves, did that end it? What about the law against homosexuality, did they have a same sex cumfest outside? Marriege between homosexuals, did they just started to marry a bunch of gays and said, this is how its gonna be and now we're legally married?

Not all countries have it as "easy" as the other, but throwing a toddler tantrum and doing what you want to do because you want it and you think it's ok, isn't going to make anything happen. If you're not able to understand that then I don't know.
    You can't compare slavery and homosexual marriage to the prohibition (and mislabeling of) MJ. You can compare the prohibition of MJ to the prohibition of alcohol, and we can all see how that worked out.

It took a -lot- of illegal moonshine to overturn the 21st amendment, and because of the ignorance of -some- people, it will take that much more pot before the rest of this country wakes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    36 plants is not "for personal use".
    Are you a doctor or a horticulturist?

No?

Then you have literally no idea how much 36 plants makes, nor how much a dying man needs.

Please take your ignorant shit opinion and read up on "drugs".
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You can't compare slavery and homosexual marriage to the prohibition (and mislabeling of) MJ. You can compare the prohibition of MJ to the prohibition of alcohol, and we can all see how that worked out.

It took a -lot- of illegal moonshine to overturn the 21st amendment, and because of the ignorance of -some- people, it will take that much more pot before the rest of this country wakes up.
    I only discussed those topics because somebody brought them up, I can't say they were on my book cover.
    Pot has been progressing for as far as I'm aware, and while I honestly don't think breaking the law by stocking up on weed is the way to go, (In this article provingly so) If that's what you want to do, be ready to be thrown in jail or pay a fine. I don't agree on the life sentence because that should go to a lot of others before the potheads.

It doesn't matter how stupid you all think the law is. It is a law, and what he did was illegal.. Do the crime, do the time.

36 plants?? good riddance, another local dealer off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    This sums up how fucked up the justice system is.
    A child was under age in a drunk driving accident, other guy was an adult with a long rap sheet of violent crimes.......

Seems to be working in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Guy gets life for weed, other guy gets 2 years for killing 4 people. #justice
    or gets 50+ years for hacking a computer

Deleted
    AMERICA FUCK YEAH, COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKER DAYYYYYY

Would love to see their fine job in South America as well (Colombia)

Then you have literally no idea how much 36 plants makes, nor how much a dying man needs.

Please take your ignorant shit opinion and read up on "drugs".
    He is a "dying man" now?

Good Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    A child was under age in a drunk driving accident, other guy was an adult with a long rap sheet of violent crimes.......

Seems to be working in this situation.
    And then fled the country.

And getting charged for past crimes you have already served time for it utterly retarded authoritarian bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And this is why minimum sentencing laws are bullshit -- Dude is being double punished for a crime he did years earlier and served time for:

Alabama law mandates that anyone with certain prior felony convictions be sentenced to life without parole for possessing more than 1 kilogram, or 2.2 pounds, of marijuana, regardless of intent to sell. Mr. Brooker had been convicted of armed robberies in Florida two decades earlier, for which he served 10 years.
    Yeah, armed robbery isn't even a real crime anyhow. Let's just forget that ever happened. Besides, who doesn't need 3 dozen pot plants for 'personal use' anyhow? ::eyeroll

First, people bitch that subjective sentencing is wrong, because murderers getting 4 years in jail is too lenient, now minimum/mandatory sentencing is bad because ex-cons growing WAY too much weed for personal use are getting *cough* unfair *cough* penalties.

People just want to bitch about everything these days. #thankyousafespaces

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    looks like alabama needs to rework its laws.
    Blame the clintons

10+ Year Old Account
    I only discussed those topics because somebody brought them up, I can't say they were on my book cover.
    Pot has been progressing for as far as I'm aware, and while I honestly don't think breaking the law by stocking up on weed is the way to go, (In this article provingly so) If that's what you want to do, be ready to be thrown in jail or pay a fine. I don't agree on the life sentence because that should go to a lot of others before the potheads.
    I don't agree with the sentence, but I also don't agree with the people spouting the moronic nonsense of "he shouldn't have broken the law."

And then what? He would have died at 65 and we would have never had to have wasted court fees on this guy? So he could get addicted to opiates and other pain killers that big pharma wants to stuff down his throat because he's a vet?

MJ has legitimate medical uses and lesser side effects of drugs not only legal, but used every day in modern medicine. Prohibiting this drug on -any- basis at this point, in the year 2016, only shows complete ignorance and an apathy for scientific study. This man shouldn't have been thrown in jail for a life sentence for what is the equivalent of buying this.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    And then fled the country.

And getting charged for past crimes you have already served time for it utterly retarded authoritarian bullshit.
    So past crimes shouldn't have any bearing on new crimes you commit?

You understand that when a judge sentences an offender many factors are taken into account, and and past offenses are part of that process.

Deleted
    I don't agree with the sentence, but I also don't agree with the people spouting the moronic nonsense of "he shouldn't have broken the law."

And then what? He would have died at 65 and we would have never had to have wasted court fees on this guy? So he could get addicted to opiates and other pain killers that big pharma wants to stuff down his throat because he's a vet?

MJ has legitimate medical uses and lesser side effects of drugs not only legal, but used every day in modern medicine. Prohibiting this drug on -any- basis at this point, in the year 2016, only shows complete ignorance and an apathy for scientific study. This man shouldn't have been thrown in jail for a life sentence for what is the equivalent of buying this.
    Is medical mj supplied in his state, If I'm correct it is given out where deemed usuable, also the article stated he was allowed to have 2.2lbs of plants in his house but he had 2.8 (unless I misunderstood) A little bit more care could have prevented a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So past crimes shouldn't have any bearing on new crimes you commit?

You understand that when a judge sentences an offender many factors are taken into account, and and past offenses are part of that process.
    Many factors like the ignorant religious beliefs of the local populace?

Many factors like the ignorant religious beliefs of the local populace?
    Not sure your point.

I am atheist and I feel that the sentence is the correct sentence for this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is medical mj supplied in his state, If I'm correct it is given out where deemed usuable, also the article stated he was allowed to have 2.2lbs of plants in his house but he had 2.8 (unless I misunderstood) A little bit more care could have prevented a lot.
    2.2 lbs of plants is a lot different than 2.2 lbs of product and it all depends on the product. (could be bud, could be trimmings, could be low THC leaf he's using to extract oil or make into butter)

See this is what I'm fucking talking about. This is just like men talking about abortions. Nobody fucking knows ANYTHING about MJ and they are offering their opinions like they've studied for 5 years to be an apprentice horticulturist. Not to mention regulations being set into place by people that aren't doctors that have no idea how to dispense this product in doses (mostly because everyone reacts to THC and CBD a little differently with different doses.).

This is why we have prohibition in the first place. Because people are too stupid to go read a fucking book (Not calling you in specific stupid, just making a point.)

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure your point.

I am atheist and I feel that the sentence is the correct sentence for this guy.
    Because he was growing the equivalent of tylenol in his back yard, or because MJ is evil and he broke the law?
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-04-14 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma View Post
    No, said the person living a good, free life rather than rotting in jail because he was a fucktard.

"Man, I think murder should be legal, so I'm just going to go around shooting people in the face! What! You pigs, how dare you arrest me! I SAID IT SHOULD BE LEGAL! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" --Things a complete moron would think. Feel free to replace murder with any other criminal activity of choice.
    The stupid levels in your post are.....OVER 9000!!!!

Murder is not comparable to a victimless crime.
    READ and be less Ignorant.