Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So...Apocalypse is the new Frostmourne?

-Forged by Nathrezim
    -Will cause "destruction and war"
    -"Tempts" the wielder with "power"
    -Will "bring an end to all life"

I dunno, when I've seen artifact reveals in Blizzcon I went "...isn't that Frostmourne?". Isn't it?

...the Frost DK swords are literally made from Frostmourne...

Deleted
    All the 3 artifacts are supposed to feel similar to Frostmourne, and their quest somehow "mirror" Arthas journey to gain more power no matter the price.

The Maw will eventually consume its master if not fed constantly.
    The blades of the fallen prince, much like Frostmourne, put a heavy toll on the soul of the wielder.
    Apocalypse was renamed the world ender cause its destructive power are ultimately uncontrollable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    ...the Frost DK swords are literally made from Frostmourne...
    If I build a bycicle from the pieces of a Ferrari, do I have a Ferrari?
    Frost artifact are not Frostmourne, is a completely new weapon made from its pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    All the 3 artifacts are supposed to feel similar to Frostmourne, and their quest somehow "mirror" Arthas journey to gain more power no matter the price.

The blades of the fallen prince, much like Frostmourne, put a heavy toll on the soul of the wielder.
    Apocalypse was renamed the world ender cause its destructive power are ultimately uncontrollable.

Frost artifact are not Frostmourne, is a completely new weapon made from its pieces.
    And what do you think Icebringer/Frostreaper are? Keychains?

Swords reforged from another sword is basically Ferrari going under repair by parts being replaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post

Swords reforged from another sword is basically Ferrari going under repair by parts being replaced.
    It is?

I'm not sure a swordmaker would agree with you on that.

Like at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It is?

Like at all
    Lets look up to some dictionary.

reforge:To forge again or anew; hence, to fashion or fabricate anew; to make over.

We took a shattered sword and created 2 shorter swords out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post

The moment your replace some parts, it is no longer the original one.
    From the alpha quest we already know that frost dks will recover the shattered and depleted pieces of Frostmourne, and use them to forge two new blades by channeling THEIR power in it.

The twin blades will retain some of the original sword powers, but they are not Frostmourne.

The moment your replace some parts, it is no longer the original one.
    From the alpha quest we already know that frost dks will recover the shattered and depleted pieces of Frostmourne, and use them to forge two new blades by channeling THEIR power in it.

The twin blades will retain some of the original sword powers, but they are not Frostmourne.
    Grandfather's Axe. It's not quite that simple.

But Icebringer and Frostreaper are not Frostmourne. They're completely different weapons made out of the remains of Frostmourne. That's closer to breaking the Ferrari down to scrap and then building two Smarts from it. It may be the same material, but it most certainly isn't a Ferrari anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Congratulations OP, you've discovered that Apocalypse is the Unholy version of Frostmourne.
    Thank you thank you!!

The frost swords dont have the same power level or function of Frostmourne. But I doubt any of these weapons are quite that strong. But the swords are literally made from the blade shards and hilt of Frostmourne. Again, they may not be as strong as Frostmourne. But they were literally made from repurposed pieces of Frostmourne.

By comparison, the Unholy artifact sorta roughly looks like Frostmourne if you squint and look at it from the corner of your eye. And the similarities end there.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2016-04-14 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Frost weapons are not as powerful as Frostmourne? I consider that unlikely, if anything they are probably stronger. Rets get Ashbringer, the sword that shattered Frostmourne, plus it gets further upgraded in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It is?

Like at all
    lmao, he is definitely correct. a blacksmith would look at it as a sword being reforged. obviously other components went into each one other than just the shards of frostmourne, but it's still called reforging.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    The Frost weapons are not as powerful as Frostmourne? I consider that unlikely, if anything they are probably stronger. Rets get Ashbringer, the sword that shattered Frostmourne, plus it gets further upgraded in power.
    Fair enough. Then they are quite literally repurposed Frostmourne.

Deleted

Does the Ferrari run on magic? Because if so, yes you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Congratulations OP, you've discovered that Apocalypse is the Unholy version of Frostmourne.
    ... I mean, Frostmourne is already kind of an Unholy weapon.

Okay yes, it's called Frostmourne and has that icy coat on the blade, but power-wise? It's in the hands of perhaps the archetypal Unholy DK (case in point, Unholy's entire L100 tier of talents coming from LK abilities; the majority of his fight involves summoning or Shadow debuffs - meanwhile he only uses Frost spells during transitions).

All things considered there, unless Icebringer and Frostreaper are devouring their user's soul, I wouldn't really say their powers are the same. Conspicuous lack of benefits for using them to devour the souls of your enemies - to the point it's questionable if they still can.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-04-15 at 01:28 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

alotta this falls on the fact Blizzard heaved 90% of the DK identity on the Unholy spec.

They are the disease spec
    They are the Undead minnion spec
    They are the Undead Pet spec
    They are the soul reaping spec

They are given so much of theme that you associate with a DK there is almost nothing left for frost other then just "deal frost dmg"

Come on this is already covered by the Master, Tolkien.

Andúril, Flame of the West was reforged from the shards of Narsil. They had different magics, different essences to match both their crafters and those who they were crafted for. Frostmourne was on another level entirely than these artifact weapons, so powerful that players could never have wielded it. Different magics and different essences to match their wielders.

Now if we were somehow offered a blade from Kil'Jaeden himself then maybe we could say we were on that Frostmourne level but until then not a chance.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    [Unholy DKs] are given so much of theme that you associate with a DK there is almost nothing left for frost other then just "deal frost dmg"
    Well, yeah. Look at any WC3 unit; basically all of their powers (if any) got lumped into a singular spec in a class because they were part of one shared identity. It's just that in a case like Druids or Priests or Mages, they had multiple units that could be grouped into one class, fleshing it out into multiple specs.
    They only had one DK unit, which became one spec - what were they going to do, split 4 skills into 3 specs with thirty talents each and a dozen abilities? - so they needed to pull on other Scourge units to even fill out having two specs.

Not to say that that's any excuse for Frost lacking an outstanding identity behind "BWAR I SMASHFREEZE THINGS" - they managed to make Blood practically from scratch, and created its own themes that still tie into the imagery of the class as an undeath-themed anti-Paladin.

Actually now that I think about it, I think Frost DKs take more after Garfrost than Arthas.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-04-15 at 01:51 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    Which makes it the new Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    -Forged by Nathrezim
    -Will cause "destruction and war"
    -"Tempts" the wielder with "power"
    -Will "bring an end to all life"

I dunno, when I've seen artifact reveals in Blizzcon I went "...isn't that Frostmourne?". Isn't it?
    No, it is just a random sword made up using Random crap because Blizzard didn't think Artifacts through fully, so half of them are pulled from nowhere. Unholy just lost the Dice Roll so instead of Frostmourne we get a Scenario Copy and Pasted from Affliction warlocks because.."The Dark Riders are totally like death knights, and not just a bunch of jerks that tried to cheat Medivh"