That abyss watchers fight....is that an exact copy from DS2? da fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... I don't think I'm going to get the platinum for this game. I have to kill 30 invaders as the Darkmoon Covenant? That's never going to fucking happen because no one uses The Way of the Blue... Also I can't even get summoned for Watchdogs of Farron because I'm too high level so I won't be able to get their ring either.

There's too much covenant farming for this plat. Dark Souls 2: SotFS had the perfect amount of farming. They went way overboard with this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Which fight? I barely remember what I fought in ds2.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....what? If anything it's inspired by Maria from the Old Hunters DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Honestly I feel like he's bordering on being unfair. He's fine if you have a fast weapon but if you're using an UGS then you're lucky if you can get any hits in and sometimes he just decides to do the side swipe after a combo to rack up extra damage on you. Oddly enough I find him easier in the second phase because he chills out a bit.
    Him and nameless king are bosses i found second phases(well third for nameless king i guess, second part of the phase without dragonbird) easier because they start doing flashy and powerful but relatively easy to dodge moves that allow you to get easy damage in.

Not related to what i replied to, but it's kinda funny how some people in this thread claim the game is easier than the other games and others claim it's harder. It is as i pointed out earlier, very very dependant on your playstyle how hard or easy the game will be, and what bosses you will and won't have trouble with. I feel they did a pretty good job with the difficulty curve in this game, started out easy and ending up hard, although for veterans that may of course be disappointing to us, as it takes a while before we get to something challenging, but for newcomers to the series it's probably a good thing.

Also i think a lot of people seems to have forgotten a lot of the shitty bosses in the previous games. I'd much rather take Wolnir, curse tree, yhorm and deacons over 3 asylum demons, , pinwheel, bed of chaos, taurus demon, ceaseless and arguably a few others like moonlight butterfly, capra demon and gaping dragon.

Ancient dragon is shit though, shouldn't even qualify as a boss.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2016-04-15 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Which fight? I barely remember what I fought in ds2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    ....what? If anything it's inspired by Maria from the Old Hunters DLC.

No never mind, I swear i've seen this exact fight before. Maybe it was one of those weird dreams where you see something from the future (has happened to me before).

Well I am nearly 11hours in and I have killed 5 boss's.

Spent the last hour joining randoms for Abyss Watchers so I could farm some Souls.

Is it just me or does the souls numbers in this game feel much better then DSII. I like DSII but it was odd how the souls was in the thousands really fast.

So does this game go into NG+ like DS1 or does it do it like DS2 where you have to talk to a NPC and trigger it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well I am nearly 11hours in and I have killed 5 boss's.

Spent the last hour joining randoms for Abyss Watchers so I could farm some Souls.

Is it just me or does the souls numbers in this game feel much better then DSII. I like DSII but it was odd how the souls was in the thousands really fast.

So does this game go into NG+ like DS1 or does it do it like DS2 where you have to talk to a NPC and trigger it.
    You have both options after beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    You have both options after beating it.
    Ok cool, I just didn't want it to be like DS1 where once you kill the last boss ur forced into NG+.

I plan to clear anything I didn't do before NG+.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Depends on the ending as well.

Depends on the ending as well.
    Well what I mite do then is avoid the last boss until I clear everything else and collect all that I can.

Well I know i'll be beating the game for each of the ending, which there are 4 of >>

Also starting on PS4 tonight.

Well I know i'll be beating the game for each of the ending, which there are 4 of >>

Also starting on PS4 tonight.
    Nice. I just want to collect all the gear and what not I can before going into NG+. What annoyed me in DS1 is I missed the gear I wanted

I love my current gear tho, I look like something from bloodborne.

Yeah, dunno how I'm going to play on PS4. Maybe 2h the whole way.

Yeah, dunno how I'm going to play on PS4. Maybe 2h the whole way.
    So far I been using my uchigatana. If I find a cool looking super light weight set I am going to use it and my ring that boosts my damage when my equip is low.

10+ Year Old Account
    No never mind, I swear i've seen this exact fight before. Maybe it was one of those weird dreams where you see something from the future (has happened to me before).
    Well, you can see some influence from these bosses:
    - Iron King - the way you fight varying amounts of identical targets, ending up 1v1ing a suped up version
    - Maria - flame sword empowerment in p2
    - Artorious - eccentric ultra greatsword acrobatics

Do I need to summon certain NPCs to progress their questline? Because I dont think I have the patience to search the endless graffiti in front of every fog door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Do I need to summon certain NPCs to progress their questline? Because I dont think I have the patience to search the endless graffiti in front of every fog door.
    There's some that summon you, I don't think any have to be deliberately summoned though.

Deleted
    So i've come to an unexpected crossroads... After defeating the crystal sage, and some exploration, there's the path to the castle, and down to farron keep.

I've progressed both to a point, but i'm not sure what the path everybody else feels natural? I thought the castle direction was, but then i found Farron Keep incredibly easy. Havent seen a boss in yonks..

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    So i've come to an unexpected crossroads... After defeating the crystal sage, and some exploration, there's the path to the castle, and down to farron keep.

I've progressed both to a point, but i'm not sure what the path everybody else feels natural? I thought the castle direction was, but then i found Farron Keep incredibly easy. Havent seen a boss in yonks..
    You have to do both afaik to progress the story in your very near future. Doing the Cathedral of the Deep before Farron Keep and things makes more sense to me but you can do them in whatever order you like.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-04-15 at 09:20 AM.