Poll: do you believe most of the blizzard rage boils down to a lack of content?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's lack of content. But not in the case of "blizzard have not enough content", but in case "blizzard have not enough content that caters to me as a player". Sure, there is rated PvP, there are challenge mode dungeons, there are pet collections, there are achievements, there are plenty of shit. But i'm not interested in that, i just want the next expansion with artifacts, class halls, leveling all my characters to 110, experience new raids and dungeons, and playing PvP Alien Swarm style - level up, get rewards, drop said levels and rewards, level up again, get rewards back
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Raiding ICC for a year is orgasmic when compared to raiding hfc
    HFC isn't a bad raid, at all. Its the fact that Blizzard, after all these years, still cannot avoid (up until now) almost 1 year long content droughts. Also with the Biggest Team Ever™, it does not seem that has an effect at all on production.

Lack of quality content in a timely manner. Things like the original apexis nonsense is content but it is garbage. That is an example of the lack of quality to start WoD. The void of content we have had over the last 3 years is another major issue. Two major patches and an expansion launch in over 3 years, that is a failure on Blizzards part.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The wait in between expansions pisses people off.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I have spent more time than usual reading mmo champ as well as the blizzard forums. I really think all this anger towards blizzard boils down to no content. blizzard goes extensive periods of time without adding any content to the game.

it is amazing that a company that collects 14.99 per month can go so long completely abandoning their game.
    Yes.
    The other stuff players complain about is real too, like garrison hate, flight, raid or die, etc. But it pretty much starts with having meaningful, repeatable content players can stick with.
    Folks complain less when they're busy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it boils down to pathetic people being unable to move on in life past a Videogame. You can be upset that there is no content.
    But foaming at your mouth acting like a bellend on forums over it doesn't really scream "well-balanced" Adult.

Deleted
    No. The problem isn't lack of content, the problem is that in the current game model the content gets consumed instantly. It's a problem of properly pacing the content to get most enjoyment out of it for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    They make video games. They shouldn't be concerned with profits. Look at cdprojektred. They don't make games to try and make as much money as possible, or try and milk their customers as much as possible. They see it as art, as entertainment. They value their customers and want to make the best game they can.
    Haha, now ain't that cute ... The real world though is so much less romantic than you can imagine.

15+ Year Old Account
    First off I'm personally not the raging type. I can however criticize, when done properly is a completely different thing than raging.

Now, there has always been players throughout every expansion that all they do is complain. They just "I hate this & that" but never really say why, never really care to explain what they'd like to see instead. Constructively. I'd argue this type of person rage for the sake of raging. These are loud, but not the majority. Not even the majority among players who criticize the current "product".

My own issue with WoD is the lack of interesting and versatile content. I've been bored out of my mind so many times during WoD that I lost track of it... I loved MoP even though the panda theme isn't my thing. So going from an expansion that constantly made me excited to play to an expansion of the complete opposite is quite a shock. That and how they so horrifically handled the flight spectacle. They lost a hell of a lot of my trust when doing as they did. It was so unnecessary to go about it that way, they should have dared to be more transparent in the matter - "hey look, we're debating over here if flying is the right path to go for this game or not". They should have asked their players what they like and doesn't like about flying in WoW - If they want to continue having flying or not. If someone has ideas on how to improve it! In the end they made themselves look like fools.

I've been playing this game since Vanilla and even though I haven't agreed with everything they've done I've never felt that I can't trust their word. I feel that now, which is quite an alien feeling for me. At this point in time I genuinely feel that it is entirely up to them to prove they deserve my trust back. Now, I am just one costumer out of a shit load. I know that. However I'm not the only one feeling the way I do, that's more than obvious.
    Last edited by Incarnia; 2016-04-15 at 07:36 AM.

I think the longer you dont update your game the more people are frustrated with it and frustrated people look at news from a more cynical standpoint then happy customers. So yeah, I think there is a more negative spin on all topics during expansion gaps. During the end of MoP, there wer lots of threads like this one too, filled with people saying "nope, we had the same thing happening during the end of cata". So I am thinking you are on to something. The other factor is probably, that we cant actually play the things they are talking about, which means that you have to interpret everything instead of just experience it.

During an xpac the blizzard hate is usually more issue driven. When people really dont want dungeons nerfed/dungeons not to be nerfed (cata), to do 40 dailies a day (mop) or to fly/not to fly.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Kinda. I think it has to do with longevity and appeal of content.

Grinding rep my killing mobs for hours on end to get a mount in the end may support the longevity of the content but not the appeal. In general I think people are less interested in mounts since they have so many to choose from. In TBC for example the netherwing drakes was something almost everyone wanted since most were stuck with the ugly gryphons or bats, and even then they were locked behind daily quests which is a bit more fun than simply grinding mobs.

The dungeons and the raids may have the appeal but not the longevity since you clear them and get all the gear from them so fast at whatever your chosen difficulty may be. And I don't think that many can see the charm in doing it all over again at another difficulty.

So it's sort of a lack of content but not really. It's a lack of long lasting content that people are interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Haha, now ain't that cute ... The real world though is so much less romantic than you can imagine.
    That's exactly how it works. Do you think the dude who spent years of his life making stardew valley was concerned with profits and how much he could milk people? His passion was to make an amazing game. Lots of companies out there have passion for their games and aren't trying to find ways to gouge people.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It is mostly people (mostly quite young) with a lot of free time (mostly students who don´t work), who just keep moaning because they have no idea how real life is.

I´ve never been a complainer about the game, but I´ve been there, from playing 10-14 hours a day in a nearly daily basis to just quit because real life got serious. So I can tell that you can get really spoiled and want more and more and more...

So, from my experience, 90% of complainers are people with not that many responsibilities and a lot of free time Mind you, not everyone and many might have a reason behind.

Deleted
    Problems not from the lack of content. Pandaria has everything, literally, but was not popular 'cause of the theme.
    On the other hand Wotlk was the top in the numbers mainly due to the theme.
    [ Content, Feel, Epicness ]
    Those who play on pvp or pve server they also count on these things, its not just a RP thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    That's exactly how it works. Do you think the dude who spent years of his life making stardew valley was concerned with profits and how much he could milk people? His passion was to make an amazing game. Lots of companies out there have passion for their games and aren't trying to find ways to gouge people.
    That's how people with standard jobs imagine it to be when you're doing something creative/something you love for a living. You think it's all fun and games and jolly imagination all day without the usual mandatory professionalism. That's how people imagine "passion" who don't have any themselves.

The whole argument is silly babble anyway. There's guys who make stuff and there's guys who sit in chairs and make business plans, strategies and investments, and you act as if they were the same person. You also act as if nobody who works on WoW had any "passion". Which bottom line is all the typical laymen and peasant rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is down to people not having their own way.
    They dismiss anyone disagreeing with them.
    They decide that because the content is not coming at the pace which suits them, that it shouldn't be suiting anyone.
    It is a bunch of jerks upset that other people who aren't them are not convinced by narrow-minded views with inflated value.

If you have run out of relevant content in raiding, then don't be so narrow-minded as to think that represents as many people as you want to think it does.
    Nor is that the only content in the game, regardless of whether it is appealing to you or not.
    Yeah...no. It's not about toxic and selfish player attitude. It's about lack of content and it doesn't necessarily have to be raids. 5.1 patch was not a raid patch, but it was a welcome addition.

Blizzard apology should be a thing. It's absurd, it's hilarious and it's not logical. People do not complain because they are jerks, people complain because there isn't any fucking content in a game which you are asked to pay subscription fee. Stop shitting on player base for the incompetence of Blizzard and stop defending them. The only way to make this game better is not being a Blizzard fanboy.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-15 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of PVE raiding content? sure that has a large part to do with the current hatred being bellowed out by the community. However WoD really...seemed like an experiment for blizzard to see how far they can push us without making 100% of us leave the game.

I think garrisons were just an awful feature. We wanted PLAYER HOUSING...not garrisons. We just wanted somewhere to decorate..maybe store some things, do some fishing ect. Not a self sustained compound for our characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What we learned with Diablo 1 is most people want god mode. They want to one shot the final boss and feel that rush of Adrenalin for 5 minutes. Then they look around and say "this game is boring and sucks!" and quit the game.
    This is just so pure truth, it should be made as a signature and spammed into Blizzard's ears until they get their shit right.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    HFC isn't a bad raid, at all.
    I found it to be one of the most boring raid I've ever played in WoW (the most shitty one is without contest ToC obviously). I have a hard time putting my finger exactly WHY, but I really had no involvement and not a lot of fun in this one, save a bit of pride about killing Archi HC.
    The set tier looks nice, the art is good, there is definite imagination into the mechanisms... but it's still boring.

Too much AoE zerg is for sure a problem (but it's more to do with class abilities than the raid itself, and it's a problem dating from WotLK and getting bigger since then), terrible, terrible plot is another (though the plot was just as bad for the entire WoD and BFD was more enjoyable).
    I think maybe it's just the overload of abilities and gimmicks, which makes it feel it's not actual fights against dangerous foes, but a contrived dance-dance-revolution to get loot pinatas. And also a big amount of collateral damage of the WoD's shittiness making nothing meaningful so destroying involvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really, just because I hate FiFa Soccer, Assassin's Creed or GTA am I spamming their forums with "You are all shit and don't get it right"?
    Not everyone accepts cutting their losses and moving on. It shouldn't even be desirable from a company standpoint. They should target people to be emotionally attached.