Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Because they can apparently up the goal limit whenever they want. It's still the same petition that was started after nostalrius got closed. They just decided to up the goal because it kept being reached.
    Oh alright, but can't Blizzard just ignore it? Or is it required from them to do something if it reaches a certain amount?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    150000 people breaking the law says something too....
    These would add $2.25 Million/Month which is something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's pretty sad that current WoW is so bad that people would rather play a 12 year old version of it.
    It's called nostalgia, people have good memories from the times when WOW started, people are not able to play that WOW anymore - as most of things from classic are gone - so they want to play on that server, that would even happen if WOD would have been the best expansion so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    These would add $2.25 Million/Month which is something.
    They're not all unique signatures and they wouldn't all pay even if they said so. Talk is cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Blizzard cares what the media says, like any other company. Being guilty of ignoring more than 150 000 players says something about blizzard as a company.
    But they didn't ignore 150.000 players, the players just left to be on an illegal copy because they saw it as an easier method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They're not all unique signatures and they wouldn't all pay even if they said so. Talk is cheap.
    Doubt that too, mate. So many claim it, but I don't believe it. Even at that, my question would be, would people playing the actual version be able to get cheaper subscription by not supporting the legacy servers?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You can't stop people from donating. You can however not charge people for items.
    Nost never charged people for items. There wasn't even a cash shop. Donating for the sole purpose of donating. I can donate to whomever I want. I'm not being rewarded something for that.

So you're wrong.
    It does not matter where or how the money comes from. If you give them money that means they are making money off the service.

So you're wrong

Usually I'm not one to side with corporations but this is pretty shitty from Blizzards perspective. They are just minding their own business trying to make games and then someone steals their IP... when they tell them to stop using the IP they stole, thousands of people get outraged, DDOS them, file petitions, and scream at them on the forums for not letting people steal from them.

Pretty ridiculous, honestly.
    this is why blizzard should make lawsuit direckly against twitch and youtube for years of supporting and encouraging this shit to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't stop people from donating. You can however not charge people for items.
    Nost never charged people for items. There wasn't even a cash shop. Donating for the sole purpose of donating. I can donate to whomever I want. I'm not being rewarded something for that.

So you're wrong.
    Problem is, they aren't allowed to receive any financial income in connection with the server. Doesn't matter if store, access, support or maintenance - none is permitted without a license to operate the server.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Can we have a petition to stop people making threads outside of the main one that offer absolutely no new information?

No thanks. I really don't want to sign your little petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Can we have a petition to stop people making threads outside of the main one that offer absolutely no new information?
    Normally that would be my job, and I would've then created a few enemies but remember, the moderators can't always be around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they not have 150K unique players who were logging in daily? So where are those 150K? Why can't they still fill up 150K sign?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Did they not have 150K unique players who were logging in daily? So where are those 150K? Why can't they still fill up 150K sign?
    No, they had (claimed to have) 150000 active accounts, with no explanation of what active meant.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    It's pretty sad that current WoW is so bad that people would rather play a 12 year old version of it.
    No matter how good WoW will be, there will always be a very vocal miniscule minority who spews this drivel.

It's an online hipster movement, you cannot apply logic to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Hah! You have a point there!

Well if you cant take a group illegally operating an free imitation of WoW, at their word...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Even if you have no interest in playing vanilla, why not sign it anyway to help out those who want it.
    Because I don't want to help to create an impression that more people want a vanilla server than actually want it. There is value in establishing a realistic picture of what the actual demand for this server is.

Imagine a million players, out of sympathy for say, 50K who actually want this server, sign the petition. Blizzard sees this as evidence of massive demand and decide to release said server, and because of the massive demand, take 20% of the budget from actual WoW and put it towards running the legacy server. I don't want that.

Sorry guys, but to be perfectly blunt, I feel like the Nostalrius crowd have been somewhat disingenuous in the presentation of their case by trying to throw around exaggerated figures for it's popularity and I don't wish to be party to that.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Computer says .... no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I haven't signed it so I wouldn't know. But yeah I'm sure they wouldn't pay.
    I wouldn't mind if Blizzard tried opening some vanilla realms though. I'd like to see what happens, I for one would play my 60 priest again. Even though I'm currently unsubscribed from WoW and waiting for Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard cares what the media says, like any other company. Being guilty of ignoring more than 150 000 players says something about blizzard as a company.

Yeah I remember the success that petitions like "No Paladins in Horde", Don't make an expansion about Pandas" etc etc how much influenced blizzard's decision...

All these idiots who think a petition will make a difference seriously need a reality check. If petition's meant squat governments would need to implement the things people petitioned for, such as Donald Trump being banned from the UK, meningitis b jabs being given out to children of all ages, saving lives in the process and bugger knows what else people are petitioning in their countries.