Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The costs of EU membership are based on success of your economy, though we get a special discount, so are you saying that having a successful economy is a bad thing?
    The cost of EU membership is determined by gross national product. 2/3rds of EU funds are used on common agriculture policy. Your country has no arable land and can't feed itself so you get some of that money back since you were the 2nd poorest Eu state back in 1982 under Thatcher.

You were struggling and France threw you a few breadcrumbs. Now you play it off as a huge achievement. How lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma View Post
    Translation: "Shit, he's right. Oh well, instead of admitting it, I'll try a feeble attempt to insult him and go skipping off so I can pretend I never came to that realization, because the British truly are the most amazing, enlightened, and selfless people in the world! (Oh, and fuck you India for wanting your diamond back. We stole it fair and square, and our useless queen -- who we were too scared to overthrow and instead just bribed (and continue to bribe every single year) into letting us rule our own country -- deserves it far more than you do! Cheerio!)"
    Or you just went into some random nonsense about Stephen Fry. What the actual fuck?

I notice that you completely ignored the bit where I pointed out how idiotic your argument was. Perhaps you could explain why you think that British people would know less about how they use the language than people who are not British. That made less sense than Cryban and that takes some doing.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What the fuck are we supposed to do? Gas all the gypsies? They make up a very small minority. That the West is uneducated and thinks gypsies come from Romania is not my fault, nor my concern. Your lack of education is not my burden.
    I have never once until now used the word gypsies. Our illegal immigration from Romania is a far broader scope of ethnicities, and the larger problem is in fact the deeply-seated criminal element you are failing to control, who perform the human trafficking in the first place.

That's on you. You deserve to suffer until you fix it, either by eliminating the cartels, or by changing your country's quality of life such that people don't want to flee any more.

Even with that said, the current situation isn't suffering, or even punishment. It's a choice not to extend preferential status to a country that has been abusing our trust. Other countries got a star on their chart and extra privileges as a result. You didn't get a star and you don't get the privileges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The cost of EU membership is determined by gross national product. 2/3rds of EU funds are used on common agriculture policy. Your country has no arable land and can't feed itself so you get some of that money back since you were the 2nd poorest Eu state back in 1982 under Thatcher.

You were struggling and France threw you a few breadcrumbs. Now you play it off as a huge achievement. How lame.
    In 1982. It is not 1982 anymore, just so you know.

Are you saying that the UK is poor? The 5th wealthiest nation in the world, the 2nd wealthiest in the EU...that UK?

Are you saying that the UK is poor? The 5th wealthiest nation in the world, the 2nd wealthiest in the EU...that UK?
    The UK was poor when it begged for a rebate. Now you say that having a rebate is a source of pride and achievement. You are lying though your teeth, because you have been wrong for the last 4 pages.

Why don't you just give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UK was poor when it begged for a rebate. Now you say that having a rebate is a source of pride and achievement. You are lying though your teeth, because you have been wrong for the last 4 pages.
    I find it hilarious that we still have it. That shows you how good we are at negotiating, we get handouts from nations that are poorer than us.

It must take some balls for British Prime Ministers to keep a straight face whenever that topic comes up at EU summits.

It is funny watching you trying to construct arguments that you have argued against previously.

Or you just went into some random nonsense about Stephen Fry. What the actual fuck?
    It's neither random nor nonsense. The man, as well as several of the guests on the show (particularly Alan Davies) regularly mocked and insulted other countries and people on a regular basis. France, Germany, Mexico, and the United States in particular. Hell, they even do it to other Brits, particularly the Welsh and Scottish. But pip pip, it's all in good fun mates! (True story!) Don't get me started on their impersonations of other people; it's right on the edge of being blackface or Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It's cool though. You keep on pretending the British are enlightened beyond all others. No skin off my back.

I notice that you completely ignored the bit where I pointed out how idiotic your argument was. Perhaps you could explain why you think that British people would know less about how they use the language than people who are not British. That made less sense than Cryban and that takes some doing.
    Because you did in a previous post? "Oh no, *I* said it actually means this this and this, even though everyone else uses it like that that, and that. But pfft, since I'm British and, by default, a professional linguist, I think I know better than the actual way it's used. Pip pip, cheerio!" <drops the mike like you think you made some brilliant, irrefutable point just because your mother plopped your useless body out of her cunt somewhere in the British Isles>

Deleted

The UK wanted a rebate because it was paying more money to the EU than any other state and unfairly subsidising farming industries in other countries without getting benefits itself, hence the rebate was negotiated.

Deleted
    http://www.euractiv.com/section/trad...da-trade-deal/

More bad news for the struggling Canadian economy. Serves them right when they treat new EU members like second hand people.
    I suggest Romania starts taking better care of its people so that they won't flee to our countries to beg like vagrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's neither random nor nonsense. The man, as well as several of the guests on the show (particularly Alan Davies) regularly mocked and insulted other countries and people on a regular basis. France, Germany, Mexico, and the United States in particular. Hell, they even do it to other Brits, particularly the Welsh and Scottish. But pip pip, it's all in good fun mates! (True story!) Don't get me started on their impersonations of other people; it's right on the edge of being blackface or Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
    You do realise there are more people in the UK than the panel on QI? Again you seem to have conveniently skipped over intent and that they take the piss out of the regions they come from as well, e.g. Essex and Norfolk.

Edit: By the way, Davies is a Welsh surname, just so you know.

It's cool though. You keep on pretending the British are enlightened beyond all others. No skin off my back.
    I never said the British were enlightened beyond all others, I said you do not understand what "taking the piss" means, so just more enlightened than you, not all others.

Because you did in a previous post? "Oh no, *I* said it actually means this this and this, even though everyone else uses it like that that, and that. But pfft, since I'm British and, by default, a professional linguist, I think I know better than the actual way it's used. Pip pip, cheerio!" <drops the mike like you think you made some brilliant, irrefutable point just because your mother plopped your useless body out of her cunt somewhere in the British Isles>
    Taking the piss is not done out of malice, whereas you seem bitter, so presumably you think everyone else is. However your argument is based on ignorance, that you cannot see the difference between A and B, does not mean that A and B are the same.

You do realise there are more people in the UK than the panel on QI? Again you seem to have conveniently skipped over intent and that they take the piss out of the regions they come from as well, e.g. Essex and Norfolk.
    No, I didn't ignore it. It just demonstrates how much hatred British have for people different from themselves. Hell, you can barely say anything nice about people from a different part of your own cities.

And yes, shock of shocks, when talking about QI and Stephen Fry in particular (particularly as both he and the show in general is considered "a national treasure", I focused on -- wait for it -- QI and Stephen Fry in particular. WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?!

I never said the British were enlightened beyond all others, I said you do not understand what "taking the piss" means, so just more enlightened than you, not all others.
    Except I do know what it means, and I especially know the phrase is used. You sinking your head in the sand and going LA LA LA doesn't change one single thing.

Taking the piss is not done out of malice
    It is as often as it isn't. And it doesn't matter one bit what you think the intention was; the end result is how it's used and how it affects others. Since I brought up Breakfast at Tiffany's and people in blackface, I guarantee you they didn't have malice in their hearts when they did those performances either. Doesn't make it any less insulting.

But it's cool, if you're trying to say that you're totally fine with blackface and offensive stereotypes, rock on. Just proves my point all the more about the British mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Naw fuck all this. The EU doesn't get to dictate our visa exemptions, especially not with blackmail and especially not with countries rife with corruption, fraud and social problems. Visa requirements have nothing to do with trade agreements.
    This is just smart politics played by the romanians part. If they have the possibility to stop or hinder a big trade deal like this to get what they want then why shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    So is Canada.
    nah their proximity to USA pretty much guarantees 1st world status. even mexico enjoys that status.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't ignore it. It just demonstrates how much hatred British have for people different from themselves. Hell, you can barely say anything nice about people from a different part of your own cities.
    You claiming hatred is involved is not proof of hatred being involved, it just proves that you do not know what taking the piss means, which I said before.

And yes, shock of shocks, when talking about QI and Stephen Fry in particular (particularly as both he and the show in general is considered "a national treasure", I focused on -- wait for it -- QI and Stephen Fry in particular. WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?!
    What has Stephen Fry got to do with anything? Is QI your only experience of the British, or something? There are 65 million of us, he is a big old lump, but I am not sure how you thought he was 65 million people.

Except I do know what it means, and I especially know the phrase is used. You sinking your head in the sand and going LA LA LA doesn't change one single thing.
    You clearly do not know, you think you do, but ignorant people often think they know.

It is as often as it isn't. And it doesn't matter one bit what you think the intention was; the end result is how it's used and how it affects others. Since I brought up Breakfast at Tiffany's and people in blackface, I guarantee you they didn't have malice in their hearts when they did those performances either. Doesn't make it any less insulting.

But it's cool, if you're trying to say that you're totally fine with blackface and offensive stereotypes, rock on. Just proves my point all the more about the British mindset.
    When did I say I was okay with blackface? What is it with people today, claiming things I said that I never even mentioned?

Deleted

Most of that wealth is just the tax-avoiding schemes running around London.

Wealth which for the most part isn't even taxed so contributes nothing.

You claiming hatred is involved is not proof of hatred being involved, it just proves that you do not know what taking the piss means, which I said before.
    "If I keep saying it, it'll magically become true!"

What has Stephen Fry got to do with anything? Is QI your only experience of the British, or something? There are 65 million of us, he is a big old lump, but I am not sure how you thought he was 65 million people.
    I'm pretty sure I made that clear several times. But it's cool, I know stupid people have trouble keeping up with a conversation. And yes, god forbid I use one of the nicer examples to prove my point. Would you rather I go with Top Gear or pretty much any other panel show instead? Or how about examples from real life people (because everyone knows that people on television are real)? Not that I will, because after this post I'm ignoring your arrogant, self-righteous ass, but the rhetorical question still stands.

You clearly do not know, you think you do, but ignorant people often think they know.
    Again: "Maybe if I keep saying this over and over again, it'll come true! I'm British, so I must be right!"

When did I say I was okay with blackface? What is it with people today, claiming things I said that I never even mentioned?
    The same time you said it was fine to mock other people, cultures, and countries. It's cool though, blackface is just "taking the piss" out of black people. There's no malice in their heart! It's all in good fun, pip pip cheerio mate!

Goodbye, and welcome to my list! (It's a pretty exclusive list, too. Only one other person on the forum has managed to make it there. You should be proud. Oh wait, you're British, so that's assumed.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Most of that wealth is just the tax-avoiding schemes running around London.

Wealth which for the most part isn't even taxed so contributes nothing.
    It creates enough money to subsidise two of the other three home nations and most of England, so someone in London must be paying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    This is just smart politics played by the romanians part. If they have the possibility to stop or hinder a big trade deal like this to get what they want then why shouldn't they?
    There are several reasons why it might not be a good idea.

Since Canada imports more from the EU than it exports unless the trade doesn't just amplify it but alter it, then any blockage hurts the EU.

It also burns up political capital. Is this really the hill worth taking a stand on?

There is also the easiest path they could take, which would be to simply have the EU tell Canada that if they can't reach an agreement by X date, then Canadians will be required to have visas to enter the EU.

Something about flies and honey, carrots / sticks, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If I keep saying it, it'll magically become true!"
    If you keep demonstrating proof that you do not know what is means, why should I assume you know what it means?

I'm pretty sure I made that clear several times. But it's cool, I know stupid people have trouble keeping up with a conversation. And yes, god forbid I use one of the nicer examples to prove my point. Would you rather I go with Top Gear or pretty much any other panel show instead? Or how about examples from real life people (because everyone knows that people on television are real)? Not that I will, because after this post I'm ignoring your arrogant, self-righteous ass, but the rhetorical question still stands.
    So your proof is TV shows, one of which you claim is based on hatred, but have not proven to be so, and ignoring that they take the piss out of themselves. Presumably they hate themselves then.

So 65 million people in a country hate everything, or you are wrong...hmm.

Again: "Maybe if I keep saying this over and over again, it'll come true! I'm British, so I must be right!"
    Which is pretty much your stance on saying hatred is involved.

The same time you said it was fine to mock other people, cultures, and countries. It's cool though, blackface is just "taking the piss" out of black people. There's no malice in their heart! It's all in good fun, pip pip cheerio mate!
    If intent is irrelevant to you, then you are going to take everything the wrong way. Taking everything literally is one hell of a shit way to go through life though.

Goodbye, and welcome to my list! (It's a pretty exclusive list, too. Only one other person on the forum has managed to make it there. You should be proud. Oh wait, you're British, so that's assumed.)
    Oh no, not the list!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, late comer to this thread. Is "will veto" actually true? Does Romania have that power?