Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Demon Hunter Minor Glyphs Wishlist

So, with the Alpha well underway (hopefully Beta soon!), we've gotten a good look at how the Demon Hunter class will feel and play. What I'm wondering is what interesting cosmetics will we get to make our DH ours.
    So, tell us what little cosmetic glyphs you want to see in Legion! They can be serious, silly, lore-based, whatever! Let's get thise creative juices flowing
    Here's a few of mine to start:
    Glyph of Void: changes your Metamorphosis to a pitch black model (think current demo lock transformation).
    Glyph of Fel Blood: your soul fragments glow blood-red.
    Glyph of Fel Rocket: Your double jump causes a small fel explosion below your feet as you propel yourself upwards.

P.S., if this is already a thread, sorry. Never visited this part of the forums before :P
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Glyph of the Itty Bitty Demon - Shrinks the size of Meta to normal character size

Would like a glyph for Metamorphosis to keep the character's model, armor and all, but with wings out.

Along the same lines as the first post:

Glyph of Blood Rush - Turns fel rush blood red

A "void" series of glyphs which turn various effects blackish-purple.
    Extending the mana soul glyph to again be various blackish-blue effects.

Glyph of Fel Dance - Blade Dance no longer moves your character into a multi strike animation. Instead, you remain stationary and launch fel projectiles in all directions while protecting yourself in a bubble of fel energy for 1 second. (Don't change the effect just the visual)

Glyph of Fel Dance (2) - Blade dance leaves flickering fel flames in the area it affected for a few seconds (again, just visual).

Glyph of Fel beam - Eye beam leaves a trail of fire in the area it scorched.

If minor glyphs can still alter effects without increasing damage...

Glyph of Vengeful Assault: Vengeful Retreat now leaps forward instead of backwards.
    Glyph of Refracted Beam: Eye beam now hits in a semi-circle in front of you, but the range is reduced to 10yds.

Deleted
    Glyph of Fel rush: You rush till the first target you rush to, doing the damage to 1 target. (or max to 3 or whatever)

mainly for the momentum build so you have the rush back to the target. You can turn it off for MT situations.
    Think it would help a bit with the stupid cancellation I really can't stand

I want a glyph so I can keep my wings out permanently......this above anything else.

a glyph that lets you keep you glaives while in meta
    a glyph that show you the void and sargeras in the background/sky when you use spectral sight
    a glyph that shouts " you are not prepared!" when you go meta

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    a glyph that shouts " you are not prepared!" when you go meta
    I think it would be possible to create an addon that would do that for you... Granted, other people wouldn't be able to hear it unless they also had the addon (and it was designed to parse the combat log), but I don't think it would be too difficult to do; the sound byte already exists in the files.

Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    I think it would be possible to create an addon that would do that for you... Granted, other people wouldn't be able to hear it unless they also had the addon (and it was designed to parse the combat log), but I don't think it would be too difficult to do; the sound byte already exists in the files.
    You could make a WA and passit to everyone in your guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    You don't even need an addon to make yourself hear it. Can just do the /script command in a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You don't even need an addon to make yourself hear it. Can just do the /script command in a macro.
    teach me, I had no idea you could attach sound files to macros in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Perma Wings
    Instead of the gliding wings going back into the body, you keep them out, forever. And properly work, similar to Meta's wings, and gliding.

Make a macro - something along the lines of
    #showtooltip
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Illidan\\BLACK_Illidan_04.wav")
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Make a macro - something along the lines of
    #showtooltip
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Illidan\\BLACK_Illidan_04.wav")
    I love you long time

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    I love you long time
    Be warned tho, since havoc meta is an aoe targeted the sound will play as soon as you hit the button but wont cast meta till you target an area. For having it play when you enter meta I'd use weak auras.
    Set the trigger to when you receive the Meta buff, and have it just simply play the sound. I had a similar set up on my monk to play the Motal Kombat "Finish Him" when touch of death was ready and "Fatality" when used. Was pretty epic.

Glyph of Fel Fire: Your Throw Glaive ability now throws Fel Fire instead.
    Glyph of Unending Havoc (Vengeance): Your Metamorphosis takes on the Havoc aspect.
    Glyph of Unending Vengeance (Havoc): Your Metamorphosis takes on the Vengeance aspect.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahkais View Post
    Would like a glyph for Metamorphosis to keep the character's model, armor and all, but with wings out.
    This is all we need, just like the warlock version.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Be warned tho, since havoc meta is an aoe targeted the sound will play as soon as you hit the button but wont cast meta till you target an area. For having it play when you enter meta I'd use weak auras.
    Set the trigger to when you receive the Meta buff, and have it just simply play the sound. I had a similar set up on my monk to play the Motal Kombat "Finish Him" when touch of death was ready and "Fatality" when used. Was pretty epic.
    That's pretty fuckin sweet........this has opened a whole new world to me. It's almost as good as a content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Glyph of Unending Havoc (Vengeance): Your Metamorphosis takes on the Havoc aspect.
    Glyph of Unending Vengeance (Havoc): Your Metamorphosis takes on the Vengeance aspect.
    I dig these two big time. I was pretty disappointed at the sheer lack of customization in metamorphosis, this would at least give you an option

Definitely. Anything that offers some customization for Meta is good in my book.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome ideas, guys, keep 'em coming!

I thought up another one earlier today:
    Glyph of Demonic Whispers: After completing an action (killing a mob, completing a quest, etc.), the demon within will occasionally speak to you.

Inspired by the demon hunter description in the new novel :3
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"