Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Legacy Servers for each Xpac would be a great idea
    Maybe there should be an achievement for people who have a max lv version of their character on each of them, living in 7 different realities at the same time. And then they should make a special "alternate timeline/universe" server where you get to meet all the other incarnations of your own character and have to kill them as raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Interesting. So what if we get Legacy servers. Will we have a wave of hate threads how Blizzard caves in?
    I could care less if they do it or not but if a company says at least for now it isn't a profitable endevor I respect what they say and don't claim it is just because I want it.
    Blizz isn't in it for a passion filled reasons they are in it to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Legacy Servers for each Xpac would be a great idea
    Yes, let's spread the already ultra-thin 2% of the playerbase who actually wants Legacy servers over 5 obsolete versions of the same freaking game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Would you kindly please revert the world to 1970s, so I can relive that absolutely awesome period? Thank you.
    Was vanilla cutting edge technology back in the 70s?

Oh your just trying to be a smart arse again.

The arrogant side of retail is is coming into the thread so I'm out. Thanks to the lads that actually held a debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh look!
    another nost thread, how original!

could we stop with this shit already?
    they wont do it, end of story.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Maybe there should be an achievement for people who have a max lv version of their character on each of them, living in 7 different realities at the same time. And then they should make a special "alternate timeline/universe" server where you get to meet all the other incarnations of your own character and have to kill them as raid bosses.
    Sounds like a great idea, but who is going to develop that?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Nobody is denying that there is demand. There isn't enough demand to justify publishing and charging money for Legacy servers.

150k Nost players represent like, 2% of the total WoW playerbase. Remove the people who only played Nost because it was F2P WoW, and you've got even less interested players. Let's say, 1.5%?

Blizzard doing anything to cater to 1.5% of the playerbase would result in riots.

Not to mention, if Blizz does host it's own Legacy servers, what are they going to do about all the known exploits, bugs, dupes, and hacks? Simply let them exist, for the sake of not patching the game?

What about the accessibility options that did not exist in Vanilla WoW, that many players depend on? Are they going to be excluded from playing Legacy WoW just because of their disabilities? Or should Blizzard spend time and resources to develop those features for Vanilla WoW?

And what if a majority of the playerbase wants to move on to TBC content? Do you bend to their wishes and advance the server and client to TBC? What about the people who still want to play Vanilla? Certainly they wouldn't host both versions of the game to cater to everyone's demand.

Since Vanilla WoW has no real-money shop, how would they answer to their investors, who are puzzled by the business decision to allow players to play on server that nullifies all their microtransaction efforts over the past years? Investor's faith in Blizzard to make smart business decisions would evaporate overnight, regardless of what the playerbase thinks.
    Forget some of the facts you mentioned here I want it and blizz should make it because I want it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    With there numbers only 100k have signed the petition. Nevermind the fact someone could do it multiple times, people from other private servers could sign, people that want it but didn't want to play on private servers could sign, and finally people that didn't know about private severe could sign. Shouldn't that petition be in the millions by now if vanilla servers in such high demand?
    You know that most players doesnt know about it right? There is just couple of links on youtube and forums. Reason why Blizzard shut down Nostalrious while ignores servers what catualy makes tons of profit and refusing create legacy servers is only one. This 10y old game could get bigger then their current retail and they are afraid of it. How it would look that all that work what they have done with expansions past TBC was just all garbage to make quick money.

Deleted
    Yes, let's spread the already ultra-thin 2% of the playerbase who actually wants Legacy servers over 5 obsolete versions of the same freaking game.
    You really think people wouldnt get out of the newest version and go play their favorite one? Silly willy

Sounds like a great idea, but who is going to develop that?
    Apparently, if Blizzard hired the guys who ran Nostalrius, many things would become possible. Bring Mark Kern into the picture as well, and they'd be making

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。 magic ❄。*。¨¯`*✲

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You know that most players doesnt know about it right? There is just couple of links on youtube and forums. Reason why Blizzard shut down Nostalrious while ignores servers what catualy makes tons of profit and refusing create legacy servers is only one. This 10y old game could get bigger then their current retail and they are afraid of it. How it would look that all that work what they have done with expansions past TBC was just all garbage to make quick money.
    You have to be actually delusional to somehow think that a Vanilla server that represents 2% of the current WoW community would somehow eclipse Legion in popularity. That's some serious underdog hype you've got going.

Deleted
    You need max 2 vannila and TBC. Rest of the expansion all more less game garbage anyway. + I dont see any reason why should i or any other players what would love to play old game suffer on retail just to increase playbase. Who cares if it spread playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    You really think people wouldnt get out of the newest version and go play their favorite one? Silly willy
    Implying that there is more than a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase that's interested in regressive content in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Was vanilla cutting edge technology back in the 70s?

Oh your just trying to be a smart arse again.

The arrogant side of retail is is coming into the thread so I'm out. Thanks to the lads that actually held a debate.
    How many times are you going to say you are out but to only come back again?

Next maybe these prolegacy server people might want to come up with a business model before saying how easy it is to do and how profitable it would be for blizz just because. Some actual facts might be helpful then just claiming it is viable because they want it. Love how it is always evil greedy blizz yet evil greedy blizz doesn't want to make more profits as they claim these legacy servers will make? So which is it?'is blizz greedy profit whores or to dumb to see this profitable endevor?

Deleted
    But you know..just for a line like "You cannot deny the demand anymore, idiots. It exists. Get over your sad selves & go back to jerking over Legion. " Blizzard might just not do it to spite people like you Why can people not post 3 lines without resorting to insults?
    I agree that we should keep a proper tone, but dont try to make it look like its only pro-legacy people who act like idiots on forums.

I dont understand why people are against the idea of legacy server, im quite sure that it would turn out profitable (not a goldmine, but profitable) it would require very little effort to keep the servers running and it wouldnt hurt the development of new exspansions whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You need max 2 vannila and TBC. Rest of the expansion all more less game garbage anyway. + I dont see any reason why should i or any other players what would love to play old game suffer on retail just to increase playbase. Who cares if it spread playerbase.
    Says you and you already added tbc to the mix. Don't think people would be calling for wotlk? How many servers does tbc need too anyway? Seeing how it is starting to grow more and more out of control? Maybe why blizz saying no for now?

Deleted
    You have to be actually delusional to somehow think that a Vanilla server that represents 2% of the current WoW community would somehow eclipse Legion in popularity. That's some serious underdog hype you've got going.
    And you are delusional that you think it wouldnt. You know how many players is there what play or played retail and would insta swap vannila wow for retail? Hundreds of thounsend.

If the blizzard devs wouldnt be so completely out of touch with their playerbaser changing the game from bad ( WOD ) to unplayable ( LEGION ) ppl wouldnt gravitate back to a game from 2004... Sigh..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    How many times are you going to say you are out but to only come back again?

Next maybe these prolegacy server people might want to come up with a business model before saying how easy it is to do and how profitable it would be for blizz just because. Some actual facts might be helpful then just claiming it is viable because they want it. Love how it is always evil greedy blizz yet evil greedy blizz doesn't want to make more profits as they claim these legacy servers will make? So which is it?'is blizz greedy profit whores or to dumb to see this profitable endevor?
    Because people like you are actually offering decent debate and I feel compelled to reply. Sorry mate for being a decent person and giving you the time of day.

Interesting. So what if we get Legacy servers. Will we have a wave of hate threads how Blizzard caves in?
    No, because the people who are angry about people that keep asking for legacy servers will cheer and applaud anything Blizzard does.