Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds cool to me. I think having a Naga/Azshara themed content patch would be pretty rad; especially if it sets up the following expansion to be about Azshara. Playable Naga would be sick someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    The prison is in a fixed location
    After the detonation of the Well and the Cataclysm, it might not be where it once was. And that's assuming he's still there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    After the detonation of the Well and the Cataclysm, it might not be where it once was. And that's assuming he's still there.
    It might have moved a bit, but the general location is still the same. At least I don't see any proof that it would have changed that much seeing as no other place did that.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Personally I don't think N'zoth will be a Thal'dranath boss, for one we know he is fully escaped from prison based on his Hearthstone art. Second, he is way too strong to be used up as a B-plot boss in a Legion expansion. There is so much potential for a N'zoth and Azshara tag team expansion with Ny'alotha, Nazjatar.

I would rather see something like Azshara leading Naga to resurrect The Ancient One (from Hearthstone) with N'zoth continuing to be nowhere to be found.

If they use the ToT style Island progression system so that we gradually fight our way to the entrance to the ancient flooded Titan prison that used to hold N'zoth, I'm going to be a happy camper
    I'm in love with this concept. <3

Aparently, Azshara was datamined in Heroes of the Storm a while back, I think it just confirms that she will be appearing in Legion as well.
    http://2p.com/11377731_1/heroes-of-t...-jaminnoob.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Aparently, Azshara was datamined in Heroes of the Storm a while back, I think it just confirms that she will be appearing in Legion as well.
    http://2p.com/11377731_1/heroes-of-t...-jaminnoob.htm
    Those are all from almost 2 years ago, so I wouldn't really count on them having to do anything with Legion. It makes sense for the Voice Actors to get as many lines as possible recorded so they don't have to come into the studio every time they release a new hero and want to record interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't known what it could be until the theory that it was the location of N'Zoth's prison. Now, I think anything other than that would be a let-down - hoping it contains the city of Ny'alotha, an Old God city.

There was also a theory that N'Zoth might actually join forces with us to drive off the Legion - N'Zoth does have an interest in sparing Azeroth from total destruction, after all. I think that could make for an awesome storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I hadn't known what it could be until the theory that it was the location of N'Zoth's prison. Now, I think anything other than that would be a let-down - hoping it contains the city of Ny'alotha, an Old God city.

There was also a theory that N'Zoth might actually join forces with us to drive off the Legion - N'Zoth does have an interest in sparing Azeroth from total destruction, after all. I think that could make for an awesome storyline.
    That would be some crazy 'Enemy-of-my-Enemy' shenanigans, but would the good guys of Azeroth ever agree to something like that?

N'zoth's end-goal for Azeroth that is arguably worse than what Sargeras could ever do, the logical decision, if it came down to choosing Sargeras or N'zoth, it would be wise for us to let Sargeras destroy Azeroth and spare the Universe from seeing a Dark Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Nzoth almost brought in Sargeras by corrupting Deathwing to create the dragon soul which was used to power the portal. In the dungeon we got you can even see an old god tentacle bitch slap Deathwing for trying to fuck with the dragon soul

I wouldn't be surprised if we make headway against the legion only to run into some big bad/situation we can't beat. Then they can whip out the whole "there's another pillar/power/doohickey we didn't know about down there. Go stomp the Naga who are guarding it." thing in a patch. I just hope it's not like "hey, you know how you beat Gul'dan/some other enemy? nah, he's down there and you have to beat him up again."

It could also be a nice late expansion hook that's non-related to the main story that could point us at the next big bad I suppose. If we beat the Legion, but have no real way to go after them on their own home turf, we'd obviously need a new enemy in the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we make headway against the legion only to run into some big bad/situation we can't beat. Then they can whip out the whole "there's another pillar/power/doohickey we didn't know about down there. Go stomp the Naga who are guarding it." thing in a patch. I just hope it's not like "hey, you know how you beat Gul'dan/some other enemy? nah, he's down there and you have to beat him up again."

It could also be a nice late expansion hook that's non-related to the main story that could point us at the next big bad I suppose. If we beat the Legion, but have no real way to go after them on their own home turf, we'd obviously need a new enemy in the following expansion.
    By the end of the first raid tier we've defeated Tichondrius and Gul'dan, which is a pretty significant blow to the Legion. It might be the cue for Kil'jaeden to step in and get involved himself, but in the meantime we can afford to get distracted by something else in the downtime. Kind of like how the Lich King was mysteriously waiting for us to finish dealing with Yogg-Saron before making any moves of his own. Plus, there could be no better expansion hook for a Dark Below themed expansion than a whole raid patch dedicated to fleshing out Azshara and N'zoth as characters.

I too hope that this is all correct and that we don't face N'zoth. The other expansions had Old Gods as patches, but they weren't as free as N'zoth, he should be the culmination of an expansion for sure. It would feel weird if this is all true but Thal'dranath didn't have Azshara as the final boss. I mean, who else would be there? I envision her not under full control of N'zoth but recruited and empowered. Given freedom of her mind through cooperation. I hope she will be in 7.X to try to get her dear Sargeras summoned into Azeroth again, but before she is killed(weakened?), tentacles grip her back into the depths and we see N'zoth's face. She won't have free will for the next xpac, or any resemblance of beauty.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2016-04-16 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    I too hope that this is all correct and that we don't face N'zoth. The other expansions had Old Gods as patches, but they weren't as free as N'zoth, he should be the culmination of an expansion for sure. It would feel weird if this is all true but Thal'dranath didn't have Azshara as the final boss. I mean, who else would be there? I envision her not under full control of N'zoth but recruited and empowered. Given freedom of her mind through cooperation. I hope she will be in 7.X to try to get her dear Sargeras summoned into Azeroth again, but before she is killed, tentacles grip her back into the depths. Maybe we even see N'zoth's face.
    Pretty sure Azshara is still super pissed off at Sargeras over the whole being tricked by him during the War of the Ancients. He used her as a tool, and based on what we see of the Naga and Azshara in Azsuna, she's definitely not on Team Legion, not even close. By the end of Azsuna questing and the Eye of Azshara dungeon, she is full blown pissed off and because of this, my speculation is that she will retaliate by raising Thal'dranath from the sea floor.

Azshara could be the final boss of Thal'dranath, but for her to die anywhere other than a Nazjatar raid just feels wrong. Doubtful that we'll see N'zoth too because like you said, he seems to be free.

What I could see happening though, is if there is a super duper powerful servant of the Old God, say, The Ancient One, who she resurrects from N'zoth's flooded Titan Prison or something. That would be a decent midtier raid.

Plus check out the Ancient One's sick artwork. It's fucking rad.

Like hello patron eldritch god of the Naga. Straight up Cthulhu.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Pretty sure Azshara is still super pissed off at Sargeras over the whole being tricked by him during the War of the Ancients. He used her as a tool, and based on what we see of the Naga and Azshara in Azsuna, she's definitely not on Team Legion, not even close. By the end of Azsuna questing and the Eye of Azshara dungeon, she is full blown pissed off and because of this, my speculation is that she will retaliate by raising Thal'dranath from the sea floor.

Azshara could be the final boss of Thal'dranath, but for her to die anywhere other than a Nazjatar raid just feels wrong. Doubtful that we'll see N'zoth too because like you said, he seems to be free.

What I could see happening though, is if there is a super duper powerful servant of the Old God, say, The Ancient One, who she resurrects from N'zoth's flooded Titan Prison or something. That would be a decent midtier raid.

Plus check out the Ancient One's sick artwork. It's fucking rad.

Like hello patron eldritch god of the Naga. Straight up Cthulhu.
    Ah, didn't know the Azsuna quests. I see. I guess all of this activity near N'zoth's prison is enough reason for them to poke around.

I can get down with smacking around that guy.

Its weird how Balnazzar is one of our targets when Tichondrius is the leader of the Nathrezim

I would expect Thal'Dranath to be the Tanaan of Legion. There probably won't be a mid-tier raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Cut content, that's what it'll be.
    One occurence of a mid-expansion piece of land removed does not make it a rule.
    Isle of Thunder and Molten Front were cut, right? Oh no, they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its weird how Balnazzar is one of our targets when Tichondrius is the leader of the Nathrezim

I would expect Thal'Dranath to be the Tanaan of Legion. There probably won't be a mid-tier raid.
    There better be or they will get huge backlash. I don't think any raider liked WoD having only 2 raiding tiers. Highmaul and BRF are 1 tier just getting that out of the way now

Thal'dranath will be an awesome new area with lore, quests, pvp, dungeons and a raid like Farahlon wa-

Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I hope they put a raid on it, and give us more patches this time around. Can't help but note that BC had 3 raids (BT, ZA, SW) Wrath had 3 raids (Uld, ToC, ICC) and then we get to Cata.. (FL, DS)... MoP (ToT, SoO) and finally WoD (HFC). Anyone else see the correlation between number of raid patches and sub numbers? It's almost as if the more content Blizzard puts out the more subs they get...
    Not saying there shouldn't be more content but the correlation is not consistent... WotLK didn't gain much sub while BC gained a ton. The amount of content in both were comparable. It means the relationship between the amount of raid content and sub number is not that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I hope they put a raid on it, and give us more patches this time around. Can't help but note that BC had 3 raids (BT, ZA, SW) Wrath had 3 raids (Uld, ToC, ICC) and then we get to Cata.. (FL, DS)... MoP (ToT, SoO) and finally WoD (HFC). Anyone else see the correlation between number of raid patches and sub numbers? It's almost as if the more content Blizzard puts out the more subs they get...
    Wow. You really did a big effort. Subs number is only tied to raids. We should warn Blizzard about it, no?