Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    good for you. Also no that would be quite stupid since it already became an issue before wod.
    Eh. It may have been an issue before but Garrisons made it 20 times worse. Before the "fix" in 6.2 to treasure hunter followers you could make tens and thousands of gold a day just by logging into your toons. Pure stupidity on Blizzard's end to allow that to happen and it went unchecked for more than a year so I'm sure there are plenty of casual shitlords sitting on multiple gold caps farmed almost exclusively from their Garrison.

good for you. Also no that would be quite stupid since it already became an issue before wod.
    It was not even close to as big a problem in MoP or Cata but hey stay delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It was not even close to as big a problem in MoP or Cata but hey stay delusional.
    Sure sure I suppose especially the ending of mop wasn't a wake up call for you. but hey maybe you just didn't sell much.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Eh. It may have been an issue before but Garrisons made it 20 times worse. Before the "fix" in 6.2 to treasure hunter followers you could make tens and thousands of gold a day just by logging into your toons. Pure stupidity on Blizzard's end to allow that to happen and it went unchecked for more than a year so I'm sure there are plenty of casual shitlords sitting on multiple gold caps farmed almost exclusively from their Garrison.
    It still was an issue before and will continue to be an issue regardless of garrisons.

Sure sure I suppose especially the ending of mop wasn't a wake up call for you. but hey maybe you just didn't sell much.

It still was an issue before and will continue to be an issue regardless of garrisons.
    I don't consider it an issue personally since I was on the receiving end of many sales runs at the end of SoO and I'm still participating in sales runs now. But it does seem, on the whole, players now are much more willing to spend a lot more gold than they were previously. Where sales runs were something somewhat exclusive towards the end of SoO, every guild and their mother does them in WoD. And I think that's because buyers are so much more prevalent these days. Whether that's a result of Garrisons is purely anecdotal but it's the one thing we had this expansion which wasn't around last expansion. Considering sub numbers are lower now than they were at the end of MoP, that would seem to be the likely reason.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't consider it an issue personally since I was on the receiving end of many sales runs at the end of SoO and I'm still participating in sales runs now. But it does seem, on the whole, players now are much more willing to spend a lot more gold than they were previously. Where sales runs were something somewhat exclusive towards the end of SoO
    Can't say that's my experience from playing on full servers. Whether or not you personally consider it an issue obviously is up to you but despite having immensely profited from sales over the years with both rl and in game currency gains I can't say I consider it a positive outlook for the community and the game as a whole when everyone and their mother is buying carries. Obviously it isn't as detrimental as boosting in other games but well who am I to care for the long term viability of that model when legion is the end anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    This is against the Blizzard rules, so instead of talking to a real guild i think you talked to some kind of gold seller dude xD No respected 13/13M guild sells for real money.
    <LIMIT> openly advertises in trade chat that they're selling 13/13M carries for USD$ and/or gold, using their actual raiders with <LIMIT> gtag and all. You hop outside the game and discuss the specifics to reach an agreement and go from there. This is a common occurrence for every top guild that I know of that has sales and I've bought from several of them.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    <LIMIT> openly advertises in trade chat that they're selling 13/13M carries for USD$ and/or gold, using their actual raiders with <LIMIT> gtag and all. You hop outside the game and discuss the specifics to reach an agreement and go from there. This is a common occurrence for every top guild that I know of that has sales and I've bought from several of them.
    To be fair, they're on Illidank which became so overwhelmed by gold sellers, the gold sellers actually started raiding in their spare time. I also doubt Blizzard gives nearly as many fucks about players selling shit for cash now as they did back in MoP. Back then, any trade over 20k was liable to be flagged for investigation and now people freely GCG roll gold cap as frequently as they please.

His keyword there was "respected" guild :^)

There are plenty of top end guilds that sell exclusively for gold, and will laugh in your face if you ask about a transaction outside of game.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Unless it's a quiet server with 6 guilds it shouldn't really matter, as there'll be no end of people willing to pay gold cap for it (unless they've been multi-running this since like december)
    They only accept payment on their realm and have no shortage of buyers, usually booked 2 runs per week for 3 weeks in advance. So I don't know why they put the price so low. But then again it's competition with other guilds.

We at <Nerd Crew> charge 2 million gold for you, the pleb, to accompany us into the halls of HFC. If gear drops that our god-tier raiders don't need, you may with our permission loot it for yourself, including the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcrewisbestcrew View Post
    We at <Nerd Crew> charge 2 million gold for you, the pleb, to accompany us into the halls of HFC. If gear drops that our god-tier raiders don't need, you may with our permission loot it for yourself, including the mount.
    how much of a pussy do you have to be to create an alternate account on this forum to troll

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Atm we (Nextlevel-Tarren mill) Sell HFc boost for the following prices/packages:
    13/13M + loot = 800k
    13/13M + loot + mount = 1.5 mil
    Archi + loot = 600k
    Archi + loot + mount = 1mil

We take x2 boosties in both our grps (we boost 4 people a week atm). We just started our 3rd run might take some time to boost x2 people there as well .

We sell Mythic Archi for 500k w/o mount and 1m with mount. Loot is open if no raiders need (nobody does outside of trials really so it's a good chance).

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has never sold for real world currency and will not sell for real world currency as long as it is against the terms of service.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep, 1 mill for kill another 1 mil for the mount.
    The kill + mount are sold for like 150$ by some guilds. Now, I am fully aware that this is against the ToS, but it does get things into perspective: One token is 20$ and gives you between 35k and 70k gold. Getting one mil gold alone would thus oftentimes cost more than 400$.
    I kinda feel like a lot of people will take the IRL cash route in such cases before paying such over-the-top gold prices.

I could never imagine being obsessed with something in this game that I would pay actual money for it let alone $150

I could never imagine being obsessed with something in this game that I would pay actual money for it let alone $150
    Then you are exactly not the type of person who sellruns are aimed at. And as such, what's the reason you decided to post in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Then you are exactly not the type of person who sellruns are aimed at. And as such, what's the reason you decided to post in this thread?
    Of course I'm not because if you read the rest of the thread you would have realized I'm one of the one ones who do sell runs ya dingus.

yet there are thousands of mobile games making millions from people purchasing things in their games, didn't kim kardashian make like 80 million dollars from her act like an A list celebrity game?

so saying spending 150$ on something in warcraft is really nothing, there are millions out there spending millions on buying things in games, don't like it don't do, no reason to call them obsessed it's their money.

Deleted
    I wouldn't sell a mount for 150$ Oo

It means less than 6$ for each players. You can't even eat at McDonnalds with so little money ...