Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Small-Arms Exports for America

I found it a bit ironic.

Guess we can thank Mr. Gaston Glock for them being the record holder.

More to the point, I've always said, for all hoopla about restrictions in (and I am para-phrasing) other "first world countries!" they seem to have absolutely zero problem exporting their "tools of death".

I guess keeping tabs on their own citizens is one thing, but turning a nose up to cold hard cash when it comes to the rest of the world is a rather easy decision.

Edit: I know the graph is from 2009, but I have no problem assuming these numbers are the same, if not greater, in 2016. I would wager there is NO decrease at all across the board in last 7 years.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-18 at 02:13 AM.

You sure like your guns. It's like with Tennis you know it's about something SJW, you know that when you create a thread it's most likely going to be about guns or some crime the police solved with guns. Why the obsession?

all i see is glocks are best

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I found it a bit ironic.

Guess we can thank Mr. Gaston Glock for them being the record holder.

More to the point, I've always said, for all hoopla about restrictions in (and I am para-phrasing) other "first world countries!" they seem to have absolutely zero problem exporting their "tools of death".

I guess keeping tabs on their own citizens is one thing, but turning a nose up to cold hard cash when it comes to the rest of the world is a rather easy decision.

Edit: I know the graph is from 2009, but I have no problem assuming these numbers are the same, if not greater, in 2016. I would wager there is NO decrease at all across the board in last 7 years.
    All that shows is that corporations all over the world are the same....all they care about is making money for their shareholders. It doesn't say anything about the people or governments of those nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    All that shows is that corporations all over the world are the same....all they care about is making money for their shareholders. It doesn't say anything about the people or governments of those nations.
    Most likely exported because there's no market at home.

But government can stop corporations from what they export. Here in the USA its called ITAR (in specifics to firearms as well as anything that could be used in combat or even to train fighters, ie; instructional DVDs).

They don't care what they permit to be sold to other countries, just their own people. Personally that doesn't make a lot of sense if the end goal is banning something for the "good of people". I guess its only good when it pertains to their own.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-18 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    As a German I am proud to arm all the people in need with high quality weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You sure like your guns. It's like with Tennis you know it's about something SJW, you know that when you create a thread it's most likely going to be about guns or some crime the police solved with guns. Why the obsession?
    Yeah but, titan is cool whereas Tenn is well.....not so cool

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah but, titan is cool whereas Tenn is well.....not so cool
    Meh its OK really. Every poster sort of has their niche. I really don't have a problem being "that guy" about guns. /shrug

But government can stop corporations from what they export. Here in the USA its called ITAR (in specifics to firearms as well as anything that could be used in combat or even to train fighters, ie; instructional DVDs).

They don't care what they permit to be sold to other countries, just their own people. Personally that doesn't make a lot of sense if the end goal is banning something for the "good of people". I guess its only good when it pertains to their own.
    Yes, the government could cripple it's GDP by not allowing the export of guns to America...but would that be in the best interests of their people?

Yes, the government could cripple it's GDP by not allowing the export of guns to America...but would that be in the best interests of their people?
    Well that does sort of lead back to my point about irony.

$$$

Well that does sort of lead back to my point about irony.

$$$

I just don't see why the German government, for example, should get involved in the gun rights debate in the US by refusing to allow private corporations to Export guns to America. I think if they did a lot of Americans would get perturbed by such a notion.

Bit old, but interesting article about Mr. Gaston from Austria (edit in a correction!) and his empire known as Glock. It is not a pro-gun article that is for sure.

http://www.dialoginternational.com/d...st-export.html

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see why the German government, for example, should get involved in the gun rights debate in the US by refusing to allow private corporations to Export guns to America. I think if they did a lot of Americans would get perturbed by such a notion.
    Well the greatest irony for me are people who claim other countries are so much more enlightened about gun control than the USA, but basically their own country is contributing to said "problem" to the tune of millions of guns - but you would be hard pressed for them to... well, care. Like you said, we aren't even talking about military exports, but exports for civilian consumption.

I mean, am I choosing the wrong word for this? Is irony a bad choice?
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-18 at 02:48 AM.

Bit old, but interesting article about Mr. Gaston from Australia and his empire known as Glock. It is not a pro-gun article that is for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the greatest irony for me are people who claim other countries are so much more enlightened about gun control than the USA, but basically their own country is contributing to said "problem" to the tune of millions of guns - but you would be hard pressed for them to... well, care. Like you said, we aren't even talking about military exports, but exports for civilian consumption.
    I think it's more about a problem with gun violence being rampant than anything else. Every third person in my country has a gun of some sort, but we rarely see any gun killings. That's probably a bigger issue than just guns being bad, but as Bernie said in some interview, it's the automatic rifles that should be banned for the regular user.

Bit old, but interesting article about Mr. Gaston from Australia and his empire known as Glock. It is not a pro-gun article that is for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if a fat guy want to buy a cake...you sell him a cake.

Deleted
    why they should give a shit if degenerates want to fight each other with guns

Now do a break down of gun buyers per country. I'd like to see who buys guns outside of the US or from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I think it's more about a problem with gun violence being rampant than anything else. Every third person in my country has a gun of some sort, but we rarely see any gun killings. That's probably a bigger issue than just guns being bad, but as Bernie said in some interview, it's the automatic rifles that should be banned for the regular user.
    We have no shortage of people with mental health issues.

Before I comment any further, did you mean semi-automatic or did you mean literal automatic guns? Because my answer is going to vary greatly depending on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Now do a break down of gun buyers per country. I'd like to see who buys guns outside of the US or from the US.
    Well the chart does show what portion of the exports are to USA and which are to other countries.

Exporting of guns FROM America is highly restricted by ITAR - so I don't know without looking into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Austria. Not Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think if a fat guy want to buy a cake...you sell him a cake.
    No argument there, but that was sort of besides my point. lol