Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems this drug might be useful for more than just the topic at hand. For example, it could be used to keep the imbeciles who equate "pedophile" with "child molester" from breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Seems this drug might be useful for more than just the topic at hand. For example, it could be used to keep the imbeciles who equate "pedophile" with "child molester" from breeding.
    lol. Pretty much.

I know it's a touchy subject, but Pedophilia isn't a crime by itself, molesting children is. If you are clinically not a pedophile and molest a child, you will still be on the child molester list, but not a pedophile. There's an interesting, yet controversial documentary/interview on Vice about pedophiles living a non-criminal life. They clearly are pedophiles, and it's freaky as fuck, but they never touched a kid. The stigma around pedophilia puts the children at risk, because pedophiles are systematically perceived as criminals, and thus, will think twice before seeking the help they need. Instead, they hide and bury these thoughts until they break and destroy a kid's life. Obviously, there are some pedophiles that just don't care and they are a danger to society no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we have to get to human experimentation so that we can learn how to change sexualities.
    Changing someones sexuality sounds like fun, I think I would get some of the pills and crush them up and put them in a homophobes drink to make him slowly turn gay

A lot of the statements in this thread are so dumb lol. Why don't people research?
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-04-18 at 12:02 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    exactly, they will never, and should never, be able to fuck kids. so, the ethical thing is to remove their desire so they can have fulfillment with a normal, healthy relationship.
    I think you are overestimating the capabilities of modern medicine.

Things like hormones and stuff are still poorly understood.

I don't mind the creation of this drug so long as people aren't compelled to take it against their will. Whoever is brave enough to volunteer, I hope they give them proper medical support if anything goes wrong.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-18 at 12:06 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    If it works, that would be great news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly, Priests around the world hate God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    That's when you make prostitution legal and open a dwarf brothel. You could call it the shire
    I think calling it the Shire would ruin it's immersion. More like kindergarden.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I think you are overestimating the capabilities of modern medicine.

Things like hormones and stuff are still poorly understood.

I don't mind the creation of this drug so long as people aren't compelled to take it against their will. Whoever is brave enough to volunteer, I hope they give them proper medical support if anything goes wrong.
    i'm fully confident that if we used inmates with life in prison or on death row as human labrats, we could learn so much more than we currently know. even if we don't find the cure for pedophilia, there could still be other wonderful advances in treating things like sociopathy and psychopathy, schizophrenia, all kinds of things.

Deleted
    This is a god damn OUTRAGE.

It's almost impossible to get testosterone replacement therapy in Sweden and there is very little research done in regards to the effects of testosterone yet the hormone is integral to the well being of men and low Testosterone levels and hypergonadism has shown to adversely effect the quality of life and mental well being in men. I surely hope if this catches on it will be on a strictly voluntary basis and never offered as a part of a plea deal to get a lesser sentence.

Maybe they should offer this to homosexuals too? If you say homosexuals are born that way then you are obligated to extend the same courtesy to pedophiles.

This reeks of chemical neutering. The very notion is repulsive to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    If it works, that would be great news.
    What's the next step? Chemically neutering homosexuals or any man that is perceived to be too aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Does it leave them unconscious so we can throw them in a fema camp?.

Deleted
    i'm fully confident that if we used inmates with life in prison or on death row as human labrats, we could learn so much more than we currently know. even if we don't find the cure for pedophilia.
    And maybe we can find a cure for homosexuality at the same time right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i don't think there can be a cure besides two bullets in the back of the neck.
    Perhaps we should prescribe the same cure to Schizophrenics too? How about alcoholics? People with depression? Epilepsy?

Get a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Maybe they should offer this to homosexuals too? If you say homosexuals are born that way then you are obligated to extend the same courtesy to pedophiles.
    Maybe they should offer this to straights too? If you say straights are born that way then you are obligated to extend the same courtesy to pedophiles.

Wait what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Maybe they should offer this to straights too? If you say straights are born that way then you are obligated to extend the same courtesy to pedophiles.

Wait what?
    Statistics show that between one in 20, and one in 35 men are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. Due to the high rate of the figure, researchers believed it could be as a result of orientation in the same way as homosexuality or heterosexuality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post

Wait what?
    Anybody that is unable to control their sexual desire to the extent that it has a negative impact on others, needs to have some form of help in curbing their behaviour. The sexuality of the individual is completely irrelevant.

I don't see why not. They have drugs for all kinds of other mental disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Anybody that is unable to control their sexual desire to the extent that it has a negative impact on others, needs to have some form of help in curbing their behaviour. The sexuality of the individual is completely irrelevant.
    Sounds good to me, lets make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    I'm guessing they don't see an issue with female pedophiles. Since they are only addressing the male side of it.
    Female pedophiles are quite rare indeed, thought they do exists. Male and female bodies work very differently, and identifying a mechanism that can lower the sexual drive in males and using that to treat pedophiles doesn't mean "they don't care about female pedophiles" just that the drug wouldn't have the similar effect on females. Just because you can't be 100% equal doesn't mean you shouldn't treat those you can, especially when those you could treat make up 99% of those in need of it.
    Last edited by Cephilia; 2016-04-18 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    As long as it extends only to serial offenders. People who has shown repeatedly that they cannot control their sexual impulses. If they want to extend it to other sexual deviants it has to be strictly voluntary and never offered as part of a plea deal or we are heading down a very dark road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    Female pedophiles are quite rare indeed, thought they do exists. Male and female bodies work very differently, and identifying a mechanism that can lower the sexual drive in males and using that to treat pedophiles doesn't mean "they don't care about female pedophiles" just that the drug wouldn't have the similar effect on females. Just because you can't be 100% equal doesn't mean you shouldn't treat those you can.
    Female pedos are not that rare. The last pedo ring that got busted in Sweden had quite a few females involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Sweden leading the charge to create drugs that lower the testosterone in males?

Color me shocked.

mmmm does that mean they are going to fix the gays too?

preserving the means (people) to sustain the race > everything else..

even Anime... no people, no Anime~! :*(
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2016-04-18 at 09:24 AM.