Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, in this case, the correct opener is to:

-4 Prepot
    -3 /gquit
    -2 Precast Hearthstone (or Garrison Hearthstone depending on your haste levels)

And then find a new guild.

Well, they use second hand rings, so it probably is a somewhat cheap guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    No, in this case, the correct opener is to:

-4 Prepot
    -3 /gquit
    -2 Precast Hearthstone (or Garrison Hearthstone depending on your haste levels)

And then find a new guild.
    I second this reponse

Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    I literally never unglyph Starfall rofl. It only messes up with the souls if the people doing the soul jobs are terrible and fuck it up themselves. The passive Starfall damage isn't enough to break anyone out unless the soul breaker is smacking them way to hard - I wonder if they're the ones giving you flack, cause definitely covering for their own mistakes.

Depending on where you drop souls too things like Hunter Chim shot or Mages Ice Lance/PC or other Soul Cap or DKs Diseases all effect Souls being broken. Some of it can be helped (hunter's just don't cast chim). But it ultimately comes down to the person responsible for doing Souls. If they're broken out too late/too early, it often is their fault (unless someone does like 800k to one soul alone that isn't supposed too lol)
    Ye I figured, as I said, last night was just a terrible raid performance wise, ppl screwing up left and right, so the big stary thingies falling on the souls just have to be be the reason of our demise, there's no other explanation... Actually we didn't even have any serious problems with the souls (occasionally someone would come back up early but that was obviously not because of starfall), until someone noticed that I have "alot" of damage on souls overall and "this is bad". I was even asked to take off SoC! /facepalm. I refused to change anything but after a few more wipes (not because of souls, mind you) and having 3-4 pm'ing me, busting my balls about that terrible starfall and how I am an stubborn idiot who doesn't care about the raid but for his own dps (actually that's correct pew pew :P), I took off the glyph. 15 wipes later, they concluded it probably wasn't starfall screwing us up but simply us playing like trash... We didn't kill him btw.
    Ahhh people don't understanding every class, it's role and mechanics, fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    I second this reponse
    I have a general question that I can't find anywhere in this guide or in threads.

How long does a target need to live to be worth dotting?
    Also, if there are many targets in a fight such as the beginning of Mannoroth, is it worth missing whole cycles of casting wrath and starfire just to get dots on everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomednil View Post
    I have a general question that I can't find anywhere in this guide or in threads.

How long does a target need to live to be worth dotting?
    Also, if there are many targets in a fight such as the beginning of Mannoroth, is it worth missing whole cycles of casting wrath and starfire just to get dots on everything?
    1) 10+ seconds for single target, less than that if you're sunfire splashing (ie, mannoroth imps)
    2) Dont cast at the start of mannoroth so that you can have trinkets proc when the real fight engages (assuming we're talking about mythic).

Question, just started Balance as my alt and I'm enjoying it very much, might very well become my main in Legion.

When there is two targets, is Starfall really priority?

And is "burst aoe" a thing? Like Celestial + Incarnation and using Starfall?
    And during heavy Aoe, do you guys continue singletarget rotation or keep spamming dots?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-04-02 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Question, just started Balance as my alt and I'm enjoying it very much, might very well become my main in Legion.

When there is two targets, is Starfall really priority?
    It is somewhat better than Starsurge when you're in Lunar and somewhat lesser when you're in Solar. All that however is void when you're using the class trinket.

And is "burst aoe" a thing? Like Celestial + Incarnation and using Starfall?
    It's not exactly burst aoe, but yeah it's a thing. Again, something that we haven't seen that much in this tier, due to the class trinket.

And during heavy Aoe, do you guys continue singletarget rotation or keep spamming dots?
    Depends on how long the targets are going to be up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It's not exactly burst aoe, but yeah it's a thing. Again, something that we haven't seen that much in this tier, due to the class trinket.
    Well, actual burst AoE we might as well not bother. Paladins, Warriors and co. will have mopped everything up before we even got started.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, actual burst AoE we might as well not bother. Paladins, Warriors and co. will have mopped everything up before we even got started.
    Yeah, what I meant is that in fights like Maidens, Council, Iskar etc, we do burst-ish AoE with CDs and Starfall+Multidotting. It's not burst AoE in the traditional sense, but it has some burst component, you'd say.

Hi all,

I started raiding as boom about 2 months ago or so but I think im starting to level out at about the 75 percentile i'm just curious if you guys would be willing to take a look at my logs and let me know what I need to work on.

I cant link it because I'm new... we use warcraftlogs and Nichòli is my toons name. At least I'm the only one. Just an FYI I had a couple issues this last week with using trinkets that i shouldn't IE forgot to take off OoV on iskar.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholi View Post
    Hi all,

I started raiding as boom about 2 months ago or so but I think im starting to level out at about the 75 percentile i'm just curious if you guys would be willing to take a look at my logs and let me know what I need to work on.

I cant link it because I'm new... we use warcraftlogs and Nichòli is my toons name. At least I'm the only one. Just an FYI I had a couple issues this last week with using trinkets that i shouldn't IE forgot to take off OoV on iskar.
    So for one you have zero Mythic parses which leads me to assume you (and your guild/raid group) is far behind gear then people parsing on Heroic fights. I looked at your Heroic Iron Reaver pull and compared it to someone else who has the top ranked 2 minute+ kill time (which is only Rank 867) I have Rank 34 (without even having Incarnation because I fat fingered it pre-pull!!) for comparison but was near full mythic gear at that rank.

It's hard to tell Opener from logs but it SHOULD be like this:

2.5s Incarn
    1.5s Pre-Pot & Starsurge
    .5s CA & Moonfire (applied Sunfire)
    SF x2
    SS
    SF x2
    SS
    SF x2....

Next, Trinkets are huge, on Heroic Reaver you should be using DSI w/ OoV if you're not getting an air phase for bombs. Sandman's Pouch 6/6 + 2/2 upgraded is better than OoV if you have a short kill time, which you don't.

Your Starsurge usage and DoT uptime are both fine.

I fear you might be physically moving too much and thus miss out on Starfire and Wrath casts as compared to the logs I'm looking at. Other than that you don't appear to be doing anything too 'wrong'. On all fights the best way to maximize DPS is to be familiar with the encounter and know what's going to happen and prepare your movements and spells accordingly before hand. Reaver on Heroic should have little to no movement aside from Barrage/Blitz which is easy to strafe out of while casting Starsurge or re-applying DoTs for instance.
    Last edited by Orionid; 2016-04-07 at 08:50 PM.

dusting off the boomkin off-spec for tyrant progression, I ran into a question that has been offered but never fully answered or answered well.

When exactly does your cast of wrath/starfire gain benefit from the eclipse bonus?

Is it when you start the cast, when the cast finishes, or when the spell hits the boss?
    From past experience most spells calculate everything when the spell finishes casting and the "travel time" is purely cosmetic in terms of damage calculation, but some have said wrath gets the eclipse bonus when it connects.

So whats the story?

Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    dusting off the boomkin off-spec for tyrant progression, I ran into a question that has been offered but never fully answered or answered well.

When exactly does your cast of wrath/starfire gain benefit from the eclipse bonus?

Is it when you start the cast, when the cast finishes, or when the spell hits the boss?
    From past experience most spells calculate everything when the spell finishes casting and the "travel time" is purely cosmetic in terms of damage calculation, but some have said wrath gets the eclipse bonus when it connects.

So whats the story?
    End of cast

Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post

So whats the story?
    Character bonuses apply on cast end. On-target bonuses apply when a cast lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Character bonuses apply on cast end. On-target bonuses apply when a cast lands.
    Except for haste which applies at cast start, for what should be obvious reasons.

Thanks for the responses, follow up question. In the following scenario what do you do?

when eclipse is about to transition from lunar to solar, casting starfire would put you in solar, but casting wrath would land you in lunar still. Starsurge buff is already up and there isn't a chance of getting too many charges so no need to cast that, and dots do not need refreshing.

I know this sounds obscure, but it seems to happen to me all the time and it drives me crazy

SF is still stronger slightly into Solar. Not general answer to that one, though, you're just going to have to make the call yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    SF is still stronger slightly into Solar. Not general answer to that one, though, you're just going to have to make the call yourself.
    It's a bit weird because, in his scenario, he also has an empowerment buff. Do you "waste" the empowerment on a poor Starfire or cast Wrath that lands on Lunar. As you say though "you're just going to have to make the call yourself".

Casting an Empowered Starfire at the end of Lunar as your last cast to go into Solar and than start Wrath casts is much better than holding the Empowered Starfire charge and casting Wrath early. This could easily lead to an Empowered getting clipped on the way back given Shooting Stars procs