View Poll Results: How do you guys feel about Legion so far?

Voters
275. This poll is closed
  • I like it

150 54.55%
  • I don't like it

42 15.27%
  • It's okay

83 30.18%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Yes, because I don't think adopting things from other games or adding more of the same while calling them something different is innovative or original.

Take Mythic+ Dungeons for example: These are damage multipliers of the exact same dungeons you'll be running ad nauseaum. What would've been new and innovative is perhaps a new type of dungeon with random traps, variable pathways, changing enviroments playing a part etc. Not necessarily those exact things, but you get the idea. Anything but piling another difficulty on top difficulty on top of difficulty.

I don't doubt that they're at least attempting to bring out content for everyone like you said and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it, however personally I would just expect something better than what we've seen so far.
    Did you even look at the affixes for Mythic+? Rotating affixes every week are going to do exactly what you described, they shouldn't feel ad nauseum at all. Changing the physical environments isn't really challenging after the first time you've done them. It's not just damage multipliers, some of the affixes are going to force you to run the dungeon in a certain way else face failing.

For example, Teeming/Skittish is going to increase the number of trash mobs in the instance, and cause the Tank to generate a lot less threat. This is going to force DPS players to play much more AOE oriented while focusing on personal survivability due to the lack of threat.

The next week, Raging/Necrotic is going to cause mobs to enrage at low health that deals damage and reduces the healing on a target. This means that trash packs have to die FAST, and an emphasis is going to play heavily on rotating defensive cooldowns to keep the Tank alive. DPS might have to help the healer heal the tank.

The next week, Bolstering/Decay is going to force your group to survive long trash battles, as the trash mobs buff each other on death while your group takes constant damage throughout the dungeon. Focus on survivability as much as possible.

Thank fuck there isn't Skittish/Necrotic because that would just be brutal.

I think, within the confines of what is interesting in the context of WoW, I can't really think of anything better myself. They can always add new affixes that dramatically alter the way you play the dungeon that aren't simply stat increases.

For example, what if they added an affix that caused enemies to run away when they reached low health? You'd need to really have your CC game on point or else they are going to pull another track pack on top of your ass.

Or an affix that made everyone completely immune to CC? Good luck.

So far Legion is looking like "make up sex". conceptually I really like a lot of the ideas that are going into it. There are some overdue overhauls to just about every major gameplay system and all the class exclusive quests and flavor is something I've been wanting forever. Pound for pound I think its a very strong launch patch, definitely above WoDs launch. By this time in its dev cycle we already knew everything that was stripped out of it Draenor and seems like Blizz has actually delivered on every Blizzcon bullet point for Legion.

Hopefully they can execute on these ideas and provide great patch support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's new raids and the new transmog wardrobe, which is good. Then there's pretty much everything else that's bad. Overall I guess it's looking "okay"?
    Not bashing your opinion, but what exactly looks bad to you?

Haven't seen much as I'm avoiding spoilers until I can play it myself, either in the Alpha, Beta or when it goes live. Been spoiled on a few things, though, and from a story perspective I am as excited as I've ever been, it sounds amazing. Especially with so much max-level story from Order Hall campaigns, professions and Artifact progression. Hoping there will be some in the factions, too.

Mechanically, everything sounds nice to me so far. I'm hoping that reputations, as I said, will have 5.1 style and paced storytelling as you gain reputation, but other than that, World Quests look like great outdoor content. Always been more of a collector/outdoor player than an instance one, so it's nice to have so much to do on all my alts.

The only things I'm really bothered about at the seemingly intentional artificial lengthening of the transmog collection game and the possibility that story content might be locked behind Legendary Questline-like grinds, depending on how Artifact leveling for alts is handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    It's really just personal preference. I've had a guildie of mine the other day telling me that World Quests is "forced" content and he would much rather just level 110->Do dungeons->Do raids. That's apparently the ideal expansion for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It's really just personal preference. I've had a guildie of mine the other day telling me that World Quests is "forced" content and he would much rather just level 110->Do dungeons->Do raids. That's apparently the ideal expansion for him.
    Then he can do exactly that, I don't get outside of doing maybe 1 quest a day for order hall resources (possibly less than that even) what he feels is so forced about them, given the similar gear lvl rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Then he can do exactly that, I don't get outside of doing maybe 1 quest a day for order hall resources (possibly less than that even) what he feels is so forced about them, given the similar gear lvl rewards.
    Presumably the gear I would assume. I don't know, I just wanted to show that you have people that can have the exact opposite preference than the average player, so one shouldn't be so surprised if some people feel some features are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    What kind of fun if I may ask? I don't have access to alpha, so I asking, not judging.
    You have to go across all zones, collecting items and killing bosses in dungeons to complete the quests. And i feel like that's a lot of fun.

Also, if you skin some mobs they give additional quests sometimes for extra ranks for skinning for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Yes, because I don't think adopting things from other games or adding more of the same while calling them something different is innovative or original.

Take Mythic+ Dungeons for example: These are damage multipliers of the exact same dungeons you'll be running ad nauseaum. What would've been new and innovative is perhaps a new type of dungeon with random traps, variable pathways, changing enviroments playing a part etc. Not necessarily those exact things, but you get the idea. Anything but piling another difficulty on top difficulty on top of difficulty.

I don't doubt that they're at least attempting to bring out content for everyone like you said and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it, however personally I would just expect something better than what we've seen so far.
    Not sure if you read the patch notes, but mythic+ is adding a lot of different things to make the dungeons more difficult. I think you're being a bit ridiculous, since the amount of new things they're adding is way better than what any expansion has had before. The alpha alone has more to do than any expansion i've played, for launch standards i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    I don't have the alpha but I like everything I've seen so far, but the wait is atrocious. Utterly incompetent time management by the WoW devs/producers.
    You've obviously never played a Blizzard game before. They take their time to get it right. Sure, they'd love to get an expansion out each year. At least the don't force out an incomplete mess just to meet an unrealistic time goal. And no, WoD wasn't rushed if you were going to say that.

i think this expansion will feel amazing the first couple months its out, but itll stale quickly.

and that makes me sad
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Keeping the WF/socket/tertiary gear system(and likely also the ramping ilevels within a raid, seeing as they apparently really liked it).
    Having to do Mythic+ dungeons every week(and "infinite progression" stuff just isn't something I think really works in an MMO with weekly lockouts).
    Completely changing my favorite spec in ways I completely disagree with.
    Scaling open world stuff in Lost Isles to your level(makes levels mean less).
    Artifact weapons(mostly the implementation, having to grind AP to unlock everything and according to Blizzard no catchup for alts).
    Taking away baseline abilities to put them into talents/PvP talents(as well as more pruning).
    Class halls with follower missions(even if it's not "as bad" as WoD I'd rather just not see the system again).
    World drop legendary bullshit.
    Lack of flying.

More or less random order, not necessarily in order of dislike. Haven't looked enough at adventure mode to really be able to say whether or not I like it. DH is whatever, it's another melee which sucks but other than that I don't really care.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Having to do Mythic+ dungeons every week(and "infinite progression" stuff just isn't something I think really works in an MMO).
    You don't 'have' to, it caps out as far as gear rewards go.

Taking away baseline abilities to put them into talents/PvP talents(as well as more pruning).
    Happens every expansion?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You don't 'have' to, it caps out as far as gear rewards go.

Happens every expansion?
    Yeah I do, considering they've specifically said they want it to be rewarding for people who clear mythic raids as well.

Doesn't make it any better(and doesn't mean I need to think it's a good thing, if anything them repeatedly doing it makes me dislike it more), and Legion is probably the worst offender(especially because it means they get to be lazy with talents by just taking baseline things and making them talents, rather than actually coming up with interesting new talents)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah I do, considering they've specifically said they want it to be rewarding for people who clear mythic raids as well.
    You have to do it infinitely? Incorrect.

t means they get to be lazy with talents by just taking baseline things and making them talents, rather than actually coming up with interesting new talents
    I can't help but take this comment with a grain of salt, seeing as Legion has a rather big number of completely new talents (although admittedly that varies a lot from spec to spec).

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm into alpha and i like it.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

The Mythic+ dungeons ARE NOT REQUIRED. The World Quest ARE NOT REQUIRED. If you enjoy hitting max, doing a few dungeons then jumping into LFR to get gear for raiding you can still do that. There is more to do with current content in Legion than any other expansion and the best part is if you don't like it don't do it, and still be rewarded with progression. I don't like raiding anymore, I don't have time for it, my work schedule fluxes, and LFR is honestly a joke. So now that I can just do world quest as i WPvP on US- Emerald Dream is a huge +. I'm not saying this is the best xpac, things can change, but as a tester I've been having alot of fun playing, leveling isn't boring, class quest are fun and full of lore, profession quest are fun. Classes are more balanced, however i still don't like alot of the pruning.

But, don't gather all your info from the community, turn the sound off and watch the gameplay to judge for youself, there are alot of streamers and trolls out there who have their personal opinion and it's influences too much of the masses where instead of feedback they're getting twitch memes and BLIZZARD HATES FUN RAWR NOSTRALIUS!!
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

Still lacks global chat. Still has LFR, LFD, phasing & a garrison style thingy. Leveling is still terrible. I don't like it. Not planning on buying. Looks as bad a WoD at this point.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was initially overhyped, then the hype died down a bit, then came back at Blizzcon, then died down once more, then came back with Illidan book and Chronicles.

As a whole, I'm feeling medium about it. I'm disheartened with what happened on Nostalrius, I think the communication between Blizzard and its playerbase is at an all-time low. The community is disgruntled and splintered in several different "factions of thoughts", which are no different from SJW. There has been a drought for over a year and nothing is being done to fix it. All in all, the state of the game right now is poor.

But I'm still interested in what Legion has to offer, so we'll see.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    I like it so far though I am critical of a few of its systems...

Mobs feel rather strange in the world. They seem to of gone with low damage very tanky mobs this expansion. You are never really in danger since their damage output is almost always low (a exception being some of the rares).

Overall I like what I see so far though the reward structure is worrying to me.