I always love how much quicker a replay is when you arent creeping around each corner. About 2 hours into my new Hex build cleric i run around undead settlement to clear it and get the sunlight covenant and do one sunbro run of vordt for the 20k souls key to unlock the silver serpent ring, estus shard, estus ring and firekeeper robes from the tower and that early on means a lot more ease in the early sections alone. I would definitely recommend the casters for second runs when you know where to get all the stuff to make squishy builds easier.

and on another note What was the deal with the transforming hollows in the long run? I assumed humans were turning into achetrees as things started to burn out to a grey ash world again and then maybe thought the tree people growing into those root angel things meant humans were turning into dragons and the end result of the fire fading was taking everything gwyn took down and reverting to it in a way but honestly theres nothing ive found to fully explain it -or the mutations which i assumed was humanity itself growing out of control. Plus another story element i wonder about is if Vordt and the Dancer are actually Smough and Artorias' waifu whos name escapes me. Both are listed as remaining behind when everyone else left and all the nights of anor londo/irithyll were turned feral by the pontiffs dark magic so maybe they are those characters gone feral? vordt in particular if you really look at this model is very very similar to smough with an outrider helmet on but the front lined belly plate is obscured by his posing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Did anyone else notice how the bridge leading up to the Twin Princes was almost exactly like the one in Demon's Souls for Penetrator , except on a much grander scale? At 1:12 in the video below.

[video=youtube;D7zU_caH9BM]https://youtu.be/D7zU_caH9BM?t=1m12s[video]
    Yes. It's a fan service game for a reason, lol.

High Lord woaklrea'f;waejf, skele dude's room, is a version of the Old Hero's arena in Demon's Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

High Lord woaklrea'f;waejf, skele dude's room, is a version of the Old Hero's arena in Demon's Souls
    Thats the awesome thing with this game really. No matter what game you say is your fav BB/DS/DS1/DS2 there is something here for you. This is the love child of all of this games. Oddy enough this makes me want to go back and finish Demon's Souls.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I always love how much quicker a replay is when you arent creeping around each corner. About 2 hours into my new Hex build cleric i run around undead settlement to clear it and get the sunlight covenant and do one sunbro run of vordt for the 20k souls key to unlock the silver serpent ring, estus shard, estus ring and firekeeper robes from the tower and that early on means a lot more ease in the early sections alone. I would definitely recommend the casters for second runs when you know where to get all the stuff to make squishy builds easier.

and on another note What was the deal with the transforming hollows in the long run? I assumed humans were turning into achetrees as things started to burn out to a grey ash world again and then maybe thought the tree people growing into those root angel things meant humans were turning into dragons and the end result of the fire fading was taking everything gwyn took down and reverting to it in a way but honestly theres nothing ive found to fully explain it -or the mutations which i assumed was humanity itself growing out of control. Plus another story element i wonder about is if Vordt and the Dancer are actually Smough and Artorias' waifu whos name escapes me. Both are listed as remaining behind when everyone else left and all the nights of anor londo/irithyll were turned feral by the pontiffs dark magic so maybe they are those characters gone feral? vordt in particular if you really look at this model is very very similar to smough with an outrider helmet on but the front lined belly plate is obscured by his posing.
    Didn't we kill Smough at least? Kind of hard for him to transform and... you know, live if he's dead.
    And Dancer's Soul state "The Pontiff Sulyvahn bestowed a double-slashing sword upon a distant daughter of the formal royal family, ordering her to serve first as a dancer, and then as an outrider knight, the equivalent to exile."
    Doesn't really sound like Ciaran if you ask me but I have no real proof against it. Although I find it weird they would be all like "Hey, look, one of the most renowned knights in history! Let's make her a stripper."
    All Outrider Knights of Ithiryll turn into beasts eventually, perhaps an Ashen Plague of sorts... There are many of them scattered around but smaller in size. So either Vordt and the Dancer are in the later stages of this sickness, they were much stronger than the others and therefor their new forms even more grotesquely malformed or they are simply more prone biologically to the transforming disease.

Like you I assumed the shadow-dragony things bursting out from the bodies of Hollows are indeed their humanity going wild. It looks very abyss-y if you ask me, combined with dragons. I also have absolutely no clue to the Hollow-trees scattered around the entirety of Lothric which kind of makes me sad as it was one of the first things that caught my attention. I like the archtree theory, like the world is slowly reverting back to it's previous state. A recurring theme in these games are cycles after all. But wasn't the fire fading in the first game too? And there there were no Hollow-trees that I can recall.

Something I haven't seen discussed is the eclipse. What are your thoughts of this? It doesn't start until the third Lord of Cinder is slain from what I've seen(although this might just be like in Bloodborne where the sky changes not because you killed a specific enemy but because time flows). It definitely doesn't look like a normal one to me. Could it be that the blackness seen is the very same substance the shadow dragons are made out of? The Abyss/humanity(whatever that is) slowly claiming the sun, another step in returning the world to its former state as I don't recall a sun in the first game's cinematic trailer. It does say "From the Dark they came, and found the souls of lords in the fire." which might just be humans coming from the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnecyl View Post
    Didn't we kill Smough at least? Kind of hard for him to transform and... you know, live if he's dead.
    And Dancer's Soul state "The Pontiff Sulyvahn bestowed a double-slashing sword upon a distant daughter of the formal royal family, ordering her to serve first as a dancer, and then as an outrider knight, the equivalent to exile."
    Doesn't really sound like Ciaran if you ask me but I have no real proof against it. Although I find it weird they would be all like "Hey, look, one of the most renowned knights in history! Let's make her a stripper."
    All Outrider Knights of Ithiryll turn into beasts eventually, perhaps an Ashen Plague of sorts... There are many of them scattered around but smaller in size. So either Vordt and the Dancer are in the later stages of this sickness, they were much stronger than the others and therefor their new forms even more grotesquely malformed or they are simply more prone biologically to the transforming disease.

Like you I assumed the shadow-dragony things bursting out from the bodies of Hollows are indeed their humanity going wild. It looks very abyss-y if you ask me, combined with dragons. I also have absolutely no clue to the Hollow-trees scattered around the entirety of Lothric which kind of makes me sad as it was one of the first things that caught my attention. I like the archtree theory, like the world is slowly reverting back to it's previous state. A recurring theme in these games are cycles after all. But wasn't the fire fading in the first game too? And there there were no Hollow-trees that I can recall.

Something I haven't seen discussed is the eclipse. What are your thoughts of this? It doesn't start until the third Lord of Cinder is slain from what I've seen(although this might just be like in Bloodborne where the sky changes not because you killed a specific enemy but because time flows). It definitely doesn't look like a normal one to me. Could it be that the blackness seen is the very same substance the shadow dragons are made out of? The Abyss/humanity(whatever that is) slowly claiming the sun, another step in returning the world to its former state as I don't recall a sun in the first game's cinematic trailer. It does say "From the Dark they came, and found the souls of lords in the fire." which might just be humans coming from the abyss.
    I think its literally meant to be the darksign of the world, like the world itself is hollowing things have gotten so dire, hence why humans are turning into trees and monsters, reality is forgetting what rules life follows and so on.

Deleted
    I think its literally meant to be the darksign of the world, like the world itself is hollowing things have gotten so dire, hence why humans are turning into trees and monsters, reality is forgetting what rules life follows and so on.
    http://i.imgur.com/n0MTtfn.jpg

Now that you say it, it does look like the Darksign. Although the transformation of humans must have begun long before the events of the third game since the Outrider Knights are scattered, the trees are in different stages and so on. Or perhaps this is just the very end of this age. This time we're here just in the nick of time and the Darksign Sun bringeth the very end of the age of fire.

I just recalled that one of the drakes/wyvern/dragons guarding the gate of Lothric Castle had one of the shadow-dragon growths growing out of it's foot. When I killed it, the dragon it was attached to died and so did the other one. It's kind of odd if these wyverns possess the same humanity that well, humans do?
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2016-04-18 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

Yeah I actually thought of that! And Archdragon's Peak post-bell ringing looks very similar to Shrine of Storms .
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

http://i.imgur.com/n0MTtfn.jpg

Now that you say it, it does look like the Darksign. Although the transformation of humans must have begun long before the events of the third game since the Outrider Knights are scattered, the trees are in different stages and so on. Or perhaps this is just the very end of this age. This time we're here just in the nick of time and the Darksign Sun bringeth the very end of the age of fire.

I just recalled that one of the drakes/wyvern/dragons guarding the gate of Lothric Castle had one of the shadow-dragon growths growing out of it's foot. When I killed it, the dragon it was attached to died and so did the other one. It's kind of odd if these wyverns possess the same humanity that well, humans do?
    The outriders arent crazy because of the same reasons. They are basically living wmd's, the pontiff gives them dark magic powered rings when sending them out to other nations that make them super powerful but eventually turn them into animal berserkers, they only do it with ones leaving Irithyll because they are never meant to come back, they are sent out to be bulls in a china shop and cause as much damage as possible before dying.

Nameless King AKA Gwyn right down to the outfit and remix of the lord of cinder theme
    By the way he's Gwyn's son, pretty much confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    By the way he's Gwyn's son, pretty much confirmed.
    Where can i read that? in game all the items i have found just say he was a god of war that waged war on the dragons but later aligned with them, he wears gwynns outfit, has a remix of gwynns theme and fights using a flaming greatsword and lightning and gwynn himself is directly referenced as 'the first lord whos name is long forgotten'. The only connection i could make is that gwynns son was a god of war who had his name stricken but Gwynn was also a god of combat ranked above all others named the lord of sunlight for his use of lightning miracles and connection to the first flame. It would be cool if it was his son, but making his look/moveset a visual copy paste of Gwynn who has all the same powers when Gwynnevere and Gwyndoline were their own unique characters? that would be kind of a lame answer to the mystery. Whereas if the DS2 rules -which sadly is a lot more canon than DS1 in some regards to the 'rules' attests characters have been reborn more than once and if the current royals are turning to trying to be dragons it would be a nice redemption of Gwynn that in some form he became as much as forgotten relic as the dragons he usurped and in turn allied with them to try and do something new while his lordsoul was consumed in the echos of cinder with the rest. After all before all the power a lord of cinder gains consuming the power of others there was a vanilla gwynn soul in there all along that got reborn at least once as the old iron king in ds2 and thematically he deserved better than that.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-04-19 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, the rings confirms it but I'm still curious why the Darksign Sun appears when it does. The Hollows are praying to the hollow-trees so they must obviously see it as some kind of ascension which is weird cause hollows didn't really culture or religion in the precious games.

I noticed something when I made a new character recently. Now I haven't gotten all endings so it might not fit at all but when you start the game and awake from your grave a bell tolls.
    "When the Link of Fire is threatened, the bell tolls, unearthing the old Lords of Cinder from their graves."
    Since the starting zone quite obviously is in the future and you become a Lord of Cinder in the end, doesn't that make you an old Lord of Cinder, awakened to link the fire in the past where you were meant to.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say it's true rebirth as none of these characters in DS2 even come close to the power bestowed upon the first gods by the lordsouls. It's possible fragments of them gather after time as the dark soul fragments did but in a weakened form.

Nameless King uses the same miracles Gwyn did like you said, old Miracles. He follows a tradition from the Age of Gods as is stated by a sword craftwd from his soul so he is from the same age as Gwyn.
    It is also said in the first game thay he was cast out because of something terrible he did if I recall correctly. Allying yourself with dragons when your father spearheaded the attack against the very same foe sounfs like one of the worst things he could have done. No wonder he was removed from Anor Londo.
    And of course Ring of the Sun's Firstborn that is found in the very same area you fight the Nameless King in. It also states that he was a God of War and cast out cause of foolishness. Kind of odd to place it in that area if they didn't want us to make the connection.
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2016-04-19 at 12:12 AM.

Yeah, the rings confirms it but I'm still curious why the Darksign Sun appears when it does. The Hollows are praying to the hollow-trees so they must obviously see it as some kind of ascension which is weird cause hollows didn't really culture or religion in the precious games.

I noticed something when I made a new character recently. Now I haven't gotten all endings so it might not fit at all but when you start the game and awake from your grave a bell tolls.
    "When the Link of Fire is threatened, the bell tolls, unearthing the old Lords of Cinder from their graves."
    Since the starting zone quite obviously is in the future and you become a Lord of Cinder in the end, doesn't that make you an old Lord of Cinder, awakened to link the fire in the past where you were meant to.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say it's true rebirth as none of these characters in DS2 even come close to the power bestowed upon the first gods by the lordsouls. It's possible fragments of them gather after time as the dark soul fragments did but in a weakened form.

Nameless King uses the same miracles Gwyn did like you said, old Miracles. He follows a tradition from the Age of Gods as is stated by a sword craftwd from his soul so he is from the same age as Gwyn.
    It is also said in the first game thay he was cast out because of something terrible he did if I recall correctly. Allying yourself with dragons when your father spearheaded the attack against the very same foe sounfs like one of the worst things he could have done. No wonder he was removed from Anor Londo.
    And of course Ring of the Sun's Firstborn that is found in the very same area you fight the Nameless King in. It also states that he was a God of War and cast out cause of foolishness. Kind of odd to place it in that area if they didn't want us to make the connection.
    He was kicked out for destroying the records of history in the archives and the ring is found in Irithyll not the Dragon shrine and states he was A god of war, Gwynn was the first but his son was meant to be his heir till the aforementioned shameless reckless accidents which lead to his shaming.

Deleted
    Where does it state that was why he was kicked out? I thought that was something he did after he had been kicked out, on the way to the door.

And yeah, I'm not sure why I thought I found it there... odd.

Where does it state that was why he was kicked out? I thought that was something he did after he had been kicked out, on the way to the door.

And yeah, I'm not sure why I thought I found it there... odd.
    Dark Souls 1. Its why there was a big fan theory that it was Solaire since a foolish screw up what seem inkeeping with his somewhat bumbling character type and fascination with the sun as a 'glorious father' sounded about right, the devs unconfirmed this by stating Andre the blacksmith was originally intended to be Gwynns firstborn but they never actually added the plot to DS1 like they intended, wouldnt be a souls game without some cuts

Deleted
    Yeah but where in DS1? Is it a hypothesis or confirmed?

I've also never seen Gwyn be described as a God of War. Sunlight, lightning and such yeah but never war. Where's that from?

And here I thought I had read through every piece of item from the first game

Yeah but where in DS1? Is it a hypothesis or confirmed?

I've also never seen Gwyn be described as a God of War. Sunlight, lightning and such yeah but never war. Where's that from?

And here I thought I had read through every piece of item from the first game
    In DS1 the ring states "his foolishness lead to a loss of the annals/records and he was stripped of his deific status", and Gwynn was a warrior that lead an army of silver knights before becoming the lord of sunlight. His firsborn was "a" god of war, not "the" and lord of sunlight was a honoriffic title, he wasnt literally the sun in the same way Velka is literally a goddess of sin and punishment.

Deleted
    "Gwyn, the First Lord, slew dragons with his sunlight spear, a tradition upheld by his firstborn and the greatspear he wielded."
    From Great Lightning Spear
    Nameless King both uses that miracle and a greatspear further adding to the possibility that he is Gwyn's son.

Doesn't the very first introduction refer to him as lord of sunlight? I've never heard god of war used to describe him
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2016-04-19 at 12:36 AM.

"Gwyn, the First Lord, slew dragons with his sunlight spear, a tradition upheld by his firstborn and the greatspear he wielded."
    From Great Lightning Spear
    Nameless King both uses that miracle and a greatspear further adding to the possibility that he is Gwyn's son.
    Oh its definitely the more likely, it just sucks that he is such a copypaste if thats the case when the dragon association would be a good touch of hubris to Gwynns story.

Especially considering what happened to his other son :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ...The hardware may be old but its working. Can't wait to play DSIII tuseday, I may have to buy a 2nd copy just for my pc.
    30 FPS vs 60 deal breaker, I recently loaded up BB and noticed the stutter compared to DS3 and Sorry but I can 100% tell the difference in quality of images on the video comparison, PC is by far sharper, and clearer.

I will admit it is a great attempt though.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    30 FPS vs 60 deal breaker, I recently loaded up BB and noticed the stutter compared to DS3 and Sorry but I can 100% tell the difference in quality of images on the video comparison, PC is by far sharper, and clearer.

I will admit it is a great attempt though.
    Never said PC wasn't sharper or clearer. For me 30fps or 60fps isn't a deal breaker. I would like 60fps but I can play 30fps just fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD